Pathaan/SRK distracts from/has a beneficial effect on...(whom/what?)

Clochette thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 8 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 1 years ago

I bet that the euphory about the love Pathaan gets and SRK's part in that can distract from many things far less pleasurable.

This is only one example (and reminds me how in October 2021, Aryan's 'case', also distracted from other issues):

As - from time to time - I go through certain twitter accounts (as I follow no one I haven't a timeline), I often come across some very interesting things regarding India. This time - strangely AGAIN - something that has to do with Adani...(in 2021 it were tonnes of drugs on a ship berthed in a port belonging to Adani)

I first post an excerpt and then the link:

"Adani, 60, has been close to Prime Minister Narendra Modi for decades. And his business — with investments in capital-intensive projects such as airports, power plants and data centers — is at the heart of Modi’s growth agenda. As a national champion, the tycoon has aligned his business interests with Modi’s development goals, often stepping in where the state lacks resources or competence, helping create thousands of jobs.

If the slide in asset prices continues and further shakes investor confidence in Adani’s empire, that would be a setback for India’s growth story at a pivotal time. ... Hindenburg, in its report, alleged that Adani used offshore shells for money laundering and siphoned from listed companies. The short seller, which took a position in offshore Adani securities, characterized the group’s meteoric rise as “the largest con in corporate history.”"

https://www.business-standard.com/article/companies/adani-s-108-billion-crisis-shakes-foreign-investors-faith-in-india-123020300120_1.html

Edited by Clochette - 1 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

prerna4rishav thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6

Your lovely topic would be moved to Debate Mansion and Modibots would be at your service to defend and separate Adani from Modi. 

Add BBC documentary ban to the list. No one’d be talking about that. 

Add pathetic budget to the list where more than 80% Indians don’t make an annual income of 5L, we are celebrating the Tax Free cap being raised to 7L. Dumbness at its best. 

blahhhh thumbnail
Anniversary 2 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: prerna4rishav

Your lovely topic would be moved to Debate Mansion and Modibots would be at your service to defend and separate Adani from Modi. 

Add BBC documentary ban to the list. No one’d be talking about that. 

Add pathetic budget to the list where more than 80% Indians don’t make an annual income of 5L, we are celebrating the Tax Free cap being raised to 7L. Dumbness at its best. 

I so agree.Anything non BW they move to Debate Mansion,like if I made a topic on TMC's rapists and murderers who have made BJP workers' lives hell in west Bengal (while ignorant dunderheads of WB remain completely unaware and continue to think their state is a paradise of religious harmony) that would be moved too.

If I made topic on sindhi hindu girls abducted and raped and forced to convert and gave proof of how in January itself more than 10 such cases have occurred that would move too.Infact I had posted about such cases(with victim's testimonies) in the TKF thread and my post was deleted

OT : IDK enough on this matter to comment.

TotalBetty thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

I don’t get it

What has the title got to do with original post?

Nandini_goyal thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: Clochette

I bet that the euphory about the love Pathaan gets and SRK's part in that can distract from many things far less pleasurable.

This is only one example (and reminds me how in October 2021, Aryan's 'case', also distracted from other issues):

As - from time to time - I go through certain twitter accounts (as I follow no one I haven't a timeline), I often come across some very interesting things regarding India. This time - strangely AGAIN - something that has to do with Adani...(in 2021 it were tonnes of drugs on a ship berthed in a port belonging to Adani)

I first post an excerpt and then the link:

"Adani, 60, has been close to Prime Minister Narendra Modi for decades. And his business — with investments in capital-intensive projects such as airports, power plants and data centers — is at the heart of Modi’s growth agenda. As a national champion, the tycoon has aligned his business interests with Modi’s development goals, often stepping in where the state lacks resources or competence, helping create thousands of jobs.

If the slide in asset prices continues and further shakes investor confidence in Adani’s empire, that would be a setback for India’s growth story at a pivotal time. ... Hindenburg, in its report, alleged that Adani used offshore shells for money laundering and siphoned from listed companies. The short seller, which took a position in offshore Adani securities, characterized the group’s meteoric rise as “the largest con in corporate history.”"

https://www.business-standard.com/article/companies/adani-s-108-billion-crisis-shakes-foreign-investors-faith-in-india-123020300120_1.html

I am so glad that someone pointed it out. I will however refrain from commenting on this because I know that many BJP bots and Modi bhakts are on a look out to commence their rant. 

Clochette thumbnail

The Adani news came out one day before Pathaan's release and I only read about when going through some Twitter accounts.

However, it is just an example because it coincided with the release, and the immense positive acception of the movie distracted from a negative incident.

Exactly that can happen also to an individual and his or her life. Somebody here wrote, that she is living  just now a very difficult time and Pathaan became a relieving distraction from the hardship even though only for a short time.

So, actually, I thought about how something perceived as (very) positive can be a beneficial distraction (concerning - e.g. - Adani...no Indian can do something about it except Adani himself...it is a matter between entities we have no influence on). Therefore, I perceive the actual joy as a positive distraction...it isn't a staged one.

Personal hardships, bad phases, sad happenings are part of life but enjoying other people's happiness (and the own) can be beneficial and even bring a change in approaching something negative. I myself experienced exactly that when I was given some SRK movies to watch (without knowing anything about Hindi Cinema and its movies). It changed my approach to something very hurtful and sad I was living at that time.

That's why I made these "..." behind the "from", because each one may have a different experience (or point of view).

P.S. I don't want to enter into a discussion about the article or the Adani-case. THAT was just something that triggered me to make this thread. I don't want enter into politics or religious discussions.

Edited by Clochette - 1 years ago
Clochette thumbnail

Originally posted by: BettyA1

What has the title got to do with original post?

after having explained my idea, I changed the title...

Clochette thumbnail

distracting from sorrow...beneficial for getting courage:

https://twitter.com/iamsrk/status/1621763121349025792

Clochette thumbnail

SRK, the philosopher...and both tweets tell the same thing - in a certain way...beneficial in so many ways...

https://twitter.com/iamsrk/status/1621758581971509248

https://twitter.com/iamsrk/status/1621761272189693953