Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

1215019 thumbnail
Posted: 1 years ago

Originally posted by: HereAsMyself

It is passive of us to come together and celebrate through English simply because it is the language that dominates the globe and we all accept the status quo.

Efforts to promote writing and poetic expression in multiple Indian languages on India Forums would be a more active demonstration of pride in our diversity and independence.

It's a nice idea, but how do you propose we do this?

I, for example, could write in Bengali; you, in Sanskrit. But neither of us would be able to read each other's work.

A Google Translate feature was added to the fan fiction section a few months ago. Scroll to the bottom of any page and you'll see a drop-down menu for Select Language.

Although my stories are written in English, I include Marathi dialogues (transliterated into Roman alphabet) with English translations, so that my characters who are a Marathi family always speak their own language in private.

Some of my readers say that they read the Marathi words and then check the English translation to make sure that they understood correctly.

I am looking for someone who could translate my English dialogues into Telugu for the family of Telugu speakers in my story.

While my poem on Netaji is my only original writing in Saṃskṛta on India Forums so far, my other fan fictions include Saṃskṛta verses in Roman alphabet, followed by English translations.

Through my Mahābhārata fan fictions, I am making the effort to familiarize my readers with the original Saṃskṛta text.

It will take conscious effort to bring out the potential of diverse Indian languages in the fan fiction section, but we can all experiment with ideas.

Edited by BrhannadaArmour - 1 years ago
HereAsMyself thumbnail
Micro Phobia Contest Participant 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: BrhannadaArmour

A Google Translate feature was added to the fan fiction section a few months ago. Scroll to the bottom of any page and you'll see a drop-down menu for Select Language.

Although my stories are written in English, I include Marathi dialogues (transliterated into Roman alphabet) with English translations, so that my characters who are a Marathi family always speak their own language in private.

Some of my readers say that they read the Marathi words and then check the English translation to make sure that they understood correctly.

I am looking for someone who could translate my English dialogues into Telugu for the family of Telugu speakers in my story.

While my poem on Netaji is my only original writing in Saṃskṛta on India Forums so far, my other fan fictions include Saṃskṛta verses in Roman alphabet, followed by English translations.

Through my Mahābhārata fan fictions, I am making the effort to familiarize my readers with the original Saṃskṛta text.

It will take conscious effort to bring out the potential of diverse Indian languages in the fan fiction section, but we can all experiment with ideas.

I didn't notice the Google Translate feature. I'll check it out.

Yes, adding dialogues in Indian languages can indeed help familiarize readers with new words. I suppose we could also write with characters from different regions of the country (like you're writing about a Marathi family) to familiarize readers with the culture and habits of that particular region.

heavenlybliss thumbnail

Do take part if interested :)

1215019 thumbnail

Originally posted by: la_Reine

Image Your poem must be published in the Fan Fictions section and have a title, along with the following hashtags: #NetaJiSubhas #JaiHind #poemcontest

So-So, I noticed that your book in the fan fiction section has hashtags that begin with the # symbol, while my book has the same hashtags without the # symbol. That makes it impossible to find both entries in this contest under any one hashtag.

https://www.indiaforums.com/fanfiction/2939

https://www.indiaforums.com/fanfiction/2940

I believe that hashtags without the # symbol are standard on India Forums, but could the organizers please decide?

vaidharbhi95 thumbnail
Micro Phobia Contest Participant 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail + 2

Thank you for the tag.

But writing poems is not my thing :(

Excited to read the entries though!!

missFiesty_69 thumbnail
Jimmy Jab Games Season 5 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 6 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: Quantum-Dot

Tagging my MBK participants to participate in this poem contest on our true hero, Netaji.

I don't know much about writing poems but the Tags are lovely and this whole thread is a minefield of information about a very dynamic personality who I respect very much. He's was not only inspiration worthy but also was very vital for the whole India coming together.

Happy Parakram Divas.🤗

Thanks for the tag Simi ⭐️

Bee222 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Quantum-Dot

Completely forgot to tag Bee....please do participate in the poem contest on Netaji. Waiting eagerly to get some amazing entries from you.

Ooh a poem on Netaji, I would love to give it a try! He's always been one of my most admired heroes ❤️

Thanks for tagging, both of you 🤗

But why is the word limit only 100 😭

Edited by Bee222 - 1 years ago
Naya_31 thumbnail

Love the thread ❤️❤️🤗

Hakuna_Matata11 thumbnail

An amazing thread for Netaji 👏🏻👍🏻

Belated birthday to one of the greatest heroes of Indian History.🥳🎉

heavenlybliss thumbnail

Originally posted by: Bee222

Ooh a poem on Netaji, I would love to give it a try! He's always been one of my most admired heroes ❤️

Thanks for tagging, both of you 🤗

But why is the word limit only 100 😭

Poem likhna hai, OS nahi😆

This is just to keep the poem within limit and avoid members writing essays, makes it easier to judge too if all [pems are around the same length.