Views

Users

Frequent Posters

lilysparkles thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
Posted: 1 years ago

Originally posted by: Vintage_flow

Hi everyone!

I am so sorry to keep you all waiting but recently life has gotten a little overwhelming. So I've been taking a mental health break and a pause from writing. I'll be back hopefully soon.

My apologies again ❤️

Hey! It's completely alright, I'm sure whenever you'll return you are going to bless all of us with your blissful writing and marvelous bonus chapters.

I hope you get on your track back and become your joyful self all over again. Take care🕊🤍

tanvi_mitt thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

Take your time and look after yourself 😊

We will be here waiting whenever you do come back 😉

minakrish thumbnail

I just came back to IF after a couple of years of hiatus and being back to the QH Forums feels like home. I'm so happy that even after so many years of the show going off air, this forum is alive and kicking.

I binge-read this story and I am absolutely in love with it.❤️ You have done such a beautiful job with the growth of characters particularly Asad since he was so closed off. I loved reading how guilty he feels for not trusting Zoya when the whole Tanveer ordeal happened and realizing how much he loves her.😳

The 4 dates... So far there were 3... loved all 3 of them. The progress in their relationship was beautifully penned.👏❤️

I see you have taken a mental health break and a break from writing which I completely understand. I did the same. I hope you feel better soon and do come back to continue this story.🤗

Much love,

Mrina

Vintage_flow thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 months ago

Originally posted by: tanvi_mitt

Take your time and look after yourself smiley1

We will be here waiting whenever you do come back smiley2

Thank you my love. Gearing to come back with the unwritten chapters. ❤️

Vintage_flow thumbnail

Originally posted by: minakrish

I just came back to IF after a couple of years of hiatus and being back to the QH Forums feels like home. I'm so happy that even after so many years of the show going off air, this forum is alive and kicking.smiley42

I binge-read this story and I am absolutely in love with it.smiley27 You have done such a beautiful job with the growth of characters particularly Asad since he was so closed off. I loved reading how guilty he feels for not trusting Zoya when the whole Tanveer ordeal happened and realizing how much he loves her.smiley9

The 4 dates... So far there were 3... loved all 3 of them. The progress in their relationship was beautifully penned.smiley32smiley27

I see you have taken a mental health break and a break from writing which I completely understand. I did the same. I hope you feel better soon and do come back to continue this story.smiley31

Much love,

Mrina

Hi Mrina,

Thank you for your lovely words. One comment, one word of encouragement means a lot and makes me want to keep writing. Hoping my brain comes up with the 4th date soon lol and i can post it to read. ❤️

Hakuna_Matata11 thumbnail

Awesome story.

Continue please.

Vintage_flow thumbnail

Hello lovely people!

Guess who woke up from the writing slumber 😗

Thank you everyone for the amazing words while I needed some time off.

It is a little hard writing anything after the wild last couple months I had. I really hope you all like what I tried to come up with and that my deluded romantic fantasies are still going strong. I am going to end the story in the next 2-3 chapters as I'd like to complete it and not keep stretching. Hopefully would be back with brand new khayali pulaos soon ❤️

And as always,

Happy Reading ✨

----------------------------------

Tu Hi Mera Jeevan, Tu Hi Jeene Ka Sahara

Anwar hugged his lost in thought wife as she walked back to their hotel room.

“Where did you come from?” she asked

“I followed to save Asad from your wrath but stopped when I saw you had it under control” She wiped a stray tear hiding at the corner of his eye.

“What is it?” Zeenat whispered concerned.

“I am so proud of you” Her frown deepened with her husband’s smile.

He lovingly tucked a hand under her chin “You, today, standing here reciting your concern for our Zoya in such a way makes my heart swell with pride. Your thoughtfulness; making sure his actions are not guilt-ridden, and not covering it with a ‘ladkon se galtian ho jati hain’. Before Akram, I saw the concern in your eyes too but at that time it was more for the societal concept of marriage. It’s made me fall so much more in love with you, seeing you grow and understand the fragility of relations in such a way.”

The stunned wife nodded in reassurance. She had wronged her daughter once with an atrocity named Akram; she would never do it again. If that meant Asad getting offended and walking away, so be it. She had thrown her “ladke waale hain” mentality where it belonged, in the bin, and rightfully started thinking about her girl’s happiness.

After all they were ladki waale, and had to make sure their ladki was loved right.

“I thought you were team Asad.” she teased deflecting the emotions and love for him brimming in her eyes.

“I’m team us.” he said placing his forehead against her.

🌼 🌼 🌼

Zoya paced and paced. Aapi’s anger had put her on edge, or maybe it was hers.

They had a great evening, he had danced for her, with her, cooked for her, nursed her wounds, tended to her with care.

And she was... angry?!

Her heart tonight was hanging by a thread. Any more strings pulled, and she would fall down the cliff.

It was no joke.

No joke, that she would be married to this man in a matter of days.

Married.

In. Days.

They both now knew; it was a make-or-break day tomorrow.

The final date. The date of answers.

The words that’d escaped from his lips in the recent past still echoed in her head when she closed her eyes; words that bruised her and made her ache.

She was mad because she wasn’t jumping for joy. She was getting married, and she wasn’t giddy with happiness and butterflies. Tears blurred her vision and frustration was the name of her mood.

Why does her life have to be so tragic? Why couldn’t she for once have it all, without the pain, without the trauma, without beseeching.

She was mad at her Allah Miyan. She was mad at Tanveer. She was mad at Asad. She was mad at herself.

There was no escaping it.

She decided to sit in the pity party she had thrown herself tonight. It would be over soon for she didn’t have the time to carry it along with her. Lifelong decisions had to be made tomorrow, she needed a clear mind. So, for tonight - just for tonight - she allowed herself the grief. She let tears take over, and wore the blanket

of her sadness,

of her hurt,

of not being trusted,

of convincing people her worth she’d die for in a heartbeat.

She braced it and just for tonight, faced it.

🌼 🌼 🌼

Zoya traced the outline of the discolored paper.

‘My wish list for the future husband’ the title read.

She still couldn't believe that he of all people had found it. Universe sure worked in mysterious ways. At least hers did.

Zoya Farooqui at sixteen years old had four wishes.

Wish 1 – My future husband would cook for me.

Wish 2 – My future husband would dance with me under the stars.

Wish 3 – My future husband would take me for a moonlit walk (preferably by the water).

Wish 4 – My future husband would bring me my heart.

She smiled at the last one. And all of them. What a simpleton she was. Although all still held true, she had some major additions to her stagnant list, like,

– My future husband would respect me at all times, even in anger, especially in anger.

She winced reminiscing Asad’s behavior.

– My future husband would love me, encourage me to grow, grow with me.

– My future husband would not hide his scars and pain from me.

– My future husband would be patient with me.

– My future husband would be my confidante.

– My future husband would help me bring back my heart.

She had made edits and additions to the last one. She had grown wise enough to understand that it was no one’s responsibility to bring her happiness. But her loved ones sure as hell can help her find it.

How would he ever decode that last one she didn’t know.

At the time when she had once written those wishes, she had felt lost and afraid. She’d learnt about her Abbu still being out there and believed a chunk of her lost heart was too.

Now thinking back on it, she truly never found her heart until she found Asad.

The bright morning had dissolved the existence of her pity party.

She had promised herself that she would never repress her emotions, even if negative. Letting them take over her soul for the night was the best decision she made.

Zoya needed to do that to be free. To love and accept. To feel the anger in order to let go of it completely before entering this new chapter of life with him. She knew very well that Asad wouldn’t disappoint tonight. Infact he would make it the hardest for her to even consider the word ‘no’.

She rolled over to the side of her bed thinking deeply now, how he might fulfill the other two wishes. So far, he had passed with flying colors.

She pondered some more, then putting the list down, headed to the bathroom of her suite. There was a date to get ready for.

Of course, he didn’t tell her where he was taking her. This man was nothing if not a mystery.

🌼 🌼 🌼

Staring at him from under her lashes, she concentrated on his face and tried to gauge the silence. He hadn’t said much today after he’d picked her up.

She couldn’t wait for them to reach their destination, but didn’t want it to come either.

The silence in the car was both welcoming and unwelcoming. She fidgeted with the edge of her white kurti.

It was a long drive from Bhopal, longest one they’d been on ever.

Allah Miyan, just where is he taking me? Aisa karte karte toh pahadon mein pahunch jayenge.

Asad was careful.

The phones had been charged to a full life and notifications were on the loudest setting. The last thing he wanted was to upset her family one more time.

For the most part, a veil of silence stayed between them, until she heard him hum in a low voice.

To say she was shocked would be an understatement.

What made him so confident and not a pile of wrecked nerves like her?!

Her heart jumped with every hum of his, the soft, smooth velvet voice doing rounds in her tummy, swerving the butterflies left and right.

Enclosed in the car with him, a sunset on the horizon, his cologne intoxicating her senses and voice soothing her ears, she found herself reminding how to breathe.

In and out. Inhale. Exhale.

A young Kishore Kumar called out to her lover on the radio, “Chukar mere mann ko, kiya tune kya ishara” his fingers drummed to the beat of the song on the steering wheel “Badla yeh mausam” the orange sunset reflected on his neat black hair. “Lage saara jag pyaara” Asad recited in a low voice. “Aaja tera aanchal ye pyaar se main bhar du” Zoya could feel, he was zoned out; as she was zoned in on him. “Khushiyan jahan bhar ki tujhko nazar kardu” She knew even in his unaware state of mind, his peaceful voice sang to her. Even if it was to himself, even if it was hushed, she heard him. Crystal clear.

The drive ended on a sandy beach. It was more of a national park than a beach. Zoya had heard about this popular location in Bhopal some time ago from her Aapi. They were parked towards the back of the building away from the tourist rush, in a quiet deserted area.

Zoya liked this about him. The introverted, shy side of him that looked for just her company and not the world.

It was after sunset now and the moonlight had started to peep through the clouds and onto the glorious water. It was also a little colder than she had expected.

She smiled secretively understanding the purpose of the location. It wasn’t just any walk under moonlight. It was surrounded by sparkling water, small wooden rocking boats, sand on feet and cold breeze kissing the hair - walk under moonlight.

As they circled the car, he reached out a hand to her. Zoya looked at him surprised. He stuttered a little as he spoke but carried on bravely, "Your wish was to walk under the moonlight, mine is to walk holding your hand."

The ice was almost gone, and his words melted away the rest.

His eyes, oh his Asad eyes. She saw all the tenderness in the world in those two brown eyes and wondered how she ever got angry at them.

She pretended to look around, away from his gaze for she was scared she would expose herself too much. Her cold hand now warming up in his, she was in awe of the beauty that was Bhopal.

It reminded her of a dream she used to revisit often when she was a child.

Beautiful waves of water, bathed in moonlight and serenity, a boat ashore, green land across. In her dream, she would go from one part of the shore to the next. In her reality today, she found her shore, her destination walking beside her.

🌼 🌼 🌼

{Song in title: Chukar Mere Mann Ko by Kishore Kumar}

Vintage_flow thumbnail

Mere Dil Main Jagah Khuda Ki Khaali Thi

They walked quiet for some time, but comfortable, just happy to be in each other's company and presence. Zoya glowed in her pearly attire while Asad still donned his office suit. He had worked a little later than usual today and looked tiny bit dishevelled.

"Are you okay?" she asked him probing. He thought for a second before he decided to answer truthfully.

"An employee issue. HR stuff. But I settled it before I left so all should be peaceful now."

"Sounds stressful."

"Not anymore" his hold on her hand tightened.

They walked along the bank, welcoming the waves on their bare feet. Zoya had made him remove his shoes if he was to walk with her. “What's the point otherwise?” she’d whined, and he'd given in.

She picked up a small pebble and tossed it across the water with some technique. It was her best shot. "Allah Miyan, did you see that, it touched the water twice."

Asad smiled and bent down to pick one of his own and tossed it across the water. He beat her by three. Zoya looked at him wide eyed “I have never seen someone get five Mr. Khan, that was M.A.!”

He smiled shy, trying not to appear smug and accomplished by her innocent compliment. It was funny to him how even the tiny things she approved about him, brought immense pleasure.

"Teach me" she whispered mesmerized. He grew quiet for a moment, his eyes unreadable. Then, he picked up another rock and moved to stand behind Zoya.

He noticed when her breathing hitched. He had stopped breathing altogether.

"Hold" his smooth voice ordered. Her hand betrayed to shiver as she held onto the dear pebble for life. A muscular arm moved around her shoulder to the other side and pushed her standing stance to the floor, so they were now crouching mid-air. He brought her hand - one that held the rock - inwards and angled it. Holding on to her waist with one hand to steady her, his other hand engulfed hers and threw the rock into the water with perfected technique and a slight force. It bounced off the water five times again.

A blissful Zoya looked back at him, reflecting moonlight shining in her eyes.

"That was awesome" she cheerfully declared in spite of her conscious self. Asad smiled a full smile in return, happy to be of service.

"You want to try yourself" her stance changed, unsure. He encouraged her picking another rock from the shoreside.

Something about that one simple action touched her. Reminded her of … something.

‘My future husband would encourage me to grow.’

She took it from his hand without hesitation this time and threw it to the best of her abilities. Three bounces.

"Not bad for a beginner. Well done Miss Faaroqui" He said it with so much conviction in his voice and his eyes, she had to believe him.

"Shukriya"

"I brought you something" Zoya looked on curious. Who knew anymore what kinds of stunts this man was going to pull. She had stopped guessing.

She watched him take out a small album from his coat pocket and hand it to her. She looked at him quizzically taking the photo book. "I didn't mean to cause you embarrassment looking through your private list and if it hadn't been my concern to fulfill, I would have respectfully placed it back. So, I thought it is only fair we get even." He pointed to the album "These I consider the most embarrassing childhood pictures of me. You have full reign to flip through them"

There were no words that came out her mouth. Her feelings found an outlet through her eyes. She tried to control them and speak "I'm glad you found my list. Without it, I never would have found a side of you, that I longed to see." His eyes did the Asad thing again.

"Sorry we're about to embarrass you" she snickered. She didn't look sorry at all.

The next hour was spent talking, sharing childhood stories behind the memories. She had questioned him if he hated wearing shirts given his baby self was proudly displaying his naked tummy in all pictures. Later, she had teased him that he still did in excuse of showing his six packs and Asad had turned red.

They had picked up her favorite pizza on the way, so they sat on a bench nearby, eating, snickering sharing.

The giggles belonged to Zoya and sighs to Asad. She could feel him getting agitated with the mess she was creating while eating and appreciated him controlling his urges.

"I can try to be neat and tidy but you have to promise not to freak out every time a small piece of food falls down" He looked at her offended. He was being so good right now. She read the offense in his eyes.

"Not tonight, later" her voice turned to a whisper as she realized she had voiced her decision out loud unknowingly.

Joy flared in his eyes as her words settled in. Zoya couldn't look into them. She transferred the pizza box from her lap to the bench and walked towards the shore. She knew serious conversation was coming. They had jumped around the topic long enough.

"My future husband would help bring my heart to me" Asad said standing behind her. She felt the heat emanating off his chest. She dare not turn around. His body aligned with Zoya as he moved to stand beside her, sand and water soaking their feet. The waves gently sang in the silence before he started speaking again.

"When Abbu left us, I so desperately wanted someone to bring me my heart as well. And Ammi's and Najma's. We were lost and afraid. I'm glad too, that I found your list because it tells me, we are somewhere alike." He paused to look at her. She was gazing at him intently.

"Not alien and human different" A smile slipped through her lips as he finished. He joined in.

The sound of water filled in the silence again. She nudged him gently to continue, there was so much more she could tell. After a long sigh and seven seconds, he continued;

"I used to cry all the time" he started. "Everytime I would come home and find my father and brother gone, see the despair on Ammi's face, financial, emotional, physical...

I didn't know what else to do but...cry. Any moment I got alone was spent in pity and hatred. Nothing penetrated my sadness, not even the good moments, not the success, not the accomplishments. The more I grew older, it grew with me. Even though, I had thought it would be the opposite." His eyes were misty now, so were the lady's standing beside him.

She took his hand into both of hers; the two standing to face each other now. The moon suspended in the sky from above reflected on their faces, bathing them in its glow.

"Then I met you...I found myself having little moments where my life was no longer sad, there were moments of spark, of joy...

... After a while, the sadness inside me became moments, and the memories spent around you, however infuriating at times", she shot him a look "became life. I am not here because you outweigh my sadness. I am here because you brought me my heart back. And I hope, I really hope that I can come close to doing what you've done for me. I don't know much I could fulfill your life but Miss Faaroqui, I promise main aapko khush rakhne ki puri kosish karunga."

"My future husband would be my confidante; he would not hide his pain and scars from me; he would be patient with me; would encourage me to grow; and respect me at all times, especially when angry."

Asad's heart dropped to his stomach, he knew he lacked in the new list she recited and was afraid that his time had run out.

"Except for your anger issues, you pretty much top up the list Jahapanah, not a bad deal. What do you think?" the sigh of relief that escaped his body was so huge that it gave him tremors.

She saw him. Actual him this time. There were no invisible walls guarding him, stopping her from exploring every and all sides. Asad allowed her to see him fully and he was beautiful. So much more beautiful than she had imagined. Whatever change came about in him in the last couple days was irreversible. And she was grateful for it.

"It's all yours Zoya. My past, my present. But promise me I can have your future."

🌼 🌼 🌼

{Song in title: Sapna Jahan by Sonu Nigam, Neeti Mohan}

Edited by Vintage_flow - 11 months ago
minakrish thumbnail

Awwww... double update and sooooo good!smiley32

I love shy Asad.smiley42smiley27 The one who is vulnerable with Zoya.

I thoroughly loved the updates. Thank you for tagging me.smiley31

Butterscotch11 thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

The way you write emotions and romance with so much depth🙏🏼. Coming to the updates, both sisters stole the show in first one. That Zoya being sceptical was a really good thing you did there. Depicted the true impact of Asad's past actions and harsh words he said unlike, so unlike the show 🤐 The to be husband list was what any normal woman would want (including me hehe)