Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Palak2812 thumbnail
Posted: 1 years ago

Idk how Iran and India's situation can be compared 

Not talking about anyone here but in general 

In India it is just about Educational Institutions which has Uniform 

That is why asked to follow to make sure when we come inside the premises we can look equal and our clothes doesn't tell about our religion 

In Iran 

It is about Women's right, equality 

This is not a problem in India

Originally posted by: Taiz-Ladki

Not nice to shame anyone for their past.

Past should remain in the past, and no one deserve to be humiliated in the present due to what they have done in the past. This is not at all some progressive thinking.

If she want to spread some good message about ethics and been modest, she doesnt deserve to be called a bitch for this.

Other religions and their core ideologies should be respected.

I disagree with every point. It is legitimate to point at the past of someone who has climbed a ladder and is now kicking it away. Such people who take freedom for granted and deny it to younger generations should be humiliated, without letting their sin of hypocrisy distract us from the greater sin of taking away human rights. They are doing real harm to real people, and pointing out that the world was in better shape when they needed it is part of holding them accountable.

My objection to the word "bitch" is that it is misogynist, disproportionately used to attack women, as if their grievances are meaningless barking and their perceived sexual promiscuity is an excuse to dismiss what they say.

Religions should not be respected. People's freedom of personal choice - excluding harm done to children and adult dependents - should be respected. Ideologies should be evaluated, ridiculed, rejected ... whatever they deserve.

Men who spend their days watching women and girls to catch them violating hijab are as prurient as men who do "research" on naughty websites.

naaznin thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 14 Thumbnail + 9

Originally posted by: Palak2812

Idk how Iran and India's situation can be compared 

Not talking about anyone here but in general 

In India it is just about Educational Institutions which has Uniform 

That is why asked to follow to make sure when we come inside the premises we can look equal and our clothes doesn't tell about our religion 

In Iran 

It is about Women's right, equality 

This is not a problem in India

Iranian women earlier had full freedom to wear modern dresses like today's India. All of a sudden a law passed n hijab was made mandatory. Many women protested but nothing changed. 

It always starts with one having orthodox thinking, he or she sharing with others n others getting influenced and it spreads in masses n than becomes law. 

Hence such preachers should be ridiculed on first instance only.

naaznin thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 14 Thumbnail + 9

Originally posted by: BrhannadaArmour

I disagree with every point. It is legitimate to point at the past of someone who has climbed a ladder and is now kicking it away. Such people who take freedom for granted and deny it to younger generations should be humiliated, without letting their sin of hypocrisy distract us from the greater sin of taking away human rights. They are doing real harm to real people, and pointing out that the world was in better shape when they needed it is part of holding them accountable.

My objection to the word "bitch" is that it is misogynist, disproportionately used to attack women, as if their grievances are meaningless barking and their perceived sexual promiscuity is an excuse to dismiss what they say.

Religions should not be respected. People's freedom of personal choice - excluding harm done to children and adult dependents - should be respected. Ideologies should be evaluated, ridiculed, rejected ... whatever they deserve.

Men who spend their days watching women and girls to catch them violating hijab are as prurient as men who do "research" on naughty websites.

I called her bi*ch because she is criticising other women for their choices n showing herself as so great. She talks nonsense n ruines Islam's image. In one vlog she was saying her husband used to call her "behan" n wanted to bring at least one women from Bollywood on correct path.

What image of Islam is showing to world. That a man calls a woman sister than marries her. In comment section ppl make fun of religion because of her nonsense.

When an adult man addresses an adult woman respectfully and generically as Sister, and later they mutually consent to marry, they aren't hurting anybody or deceiving Allah. Far from ruining Islam's image, they are living according to Islamic doctrine.

You can refer to Quran 33:4 and 33:37 - divorcing a woman by calling her "my mother" doesn't make her the ex-husband's mother, and calling Zayd "son" didn't make Muhammad guilty for marrying his own adoptive daughter-in-law (Barra "Zaynab" bint Jahsh).

Also, Sahih al-Bukhari 5081: Abu Bakr saying that his "brother" Muhammad was too closely related to marry Aisha, and Muhammad replying, "You are my brother in Allah's religion and His book," didn't make Aisha unlawful for Muhammad. Abu Bakr allowing his "brother" to see his daughter explains why Muhammad was able to recognize Aisha before marriage when an angel unveiled her, Sahih al-Bukhari 7012.

A Muslim friend of my family (who would be over 100 years old if he were alive today) once told me proudly, "My wife is my paternal uncle's daughter. I used to visit and give candies to my cousins, and take them out for rides in my car, because we were family. Then, when she was sixteen, and I was twenty-six, I asked our grandfather to let me marry her."

This girl (now a woman in her nineties) didn't wear hijab, and neither did her mother (fifteen years older than she), but simply because her cousin was trusted to chaperone her, their sibling relationship turned into marriage before she was fully grown up.

One can imagine that the more strictly a community enforces hijab, the more likely it is that sexual interest will find its focus within one's own family at an early age. That concerns me more than a polite greeting between consenting adults.

rckRadhe thumbnail
IPL 2024 Match Winner 0 Thumbnail IPL 2023 Participants 1 Thumbnail + 5

There's a PLACATIVE vibe coming out of that prudent girl. ðŸ˜ƒ

What else can one do, when married to a MUFTI ?

Edited by rckRadhe - 1 years ago