Tumhi ho Mata, Pita Tumhi Ho 🙏

dhun.laagi thumbnail
Posted: 1 years ago

Pranav and Varsha, what to say about them, I am certainly not one to want to shower them with the kindest words. People not having the decency to treat their parents right once they reach a certain old age just continues to bother me. Even if some don’t literally throw them out of their house or life (because they have their selfish motives of proving to the world as if they care + want to use this to take the entire property post the person's death), they keep reminding their parents of how much of a liability they are to them, and make the elders actually feel like their upbringing has gone down the drain. In other cases, they are being sent off to assisted living, senior citizen housing or old age homes, when ideally they can be taken care of with a little love and efforts? Bhaggu, what kinda kalyug are we living in, where we have lost complete respect for relationships when they dont serve our purpose anymore? smiley19smiley38 

But honestly: What’s the big deal about providing for your parents? Shouldn’t you be grateful for everything they have done for you? A lot of them take less for themselves but make sure you get the best that they can give you. Then why should you not do the same when they need you to stand for them? Is it not the most basic courtesy to not shun away your responsibilities just because you are the breadwinner now? Fostering such a toxic environment and example to the next generation too. I hope they remember there's something known as Karma and if they act like this, their own children will met out the same treatment to them in the future! 

P.S Not talking about genuine cases, where it is best to have them get more support because of the structure of the families, or they have been so abusive that the children were forced to cut off all contact from them. But many use old age as an excuse to discard elders, and it is a sad reality. 

Thoughts? 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

suet thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

Yes children like them don't deserve sympathy. How can a son be so insensitive towards his mother. I am sure Radha kaku might have brought him with ethics which she has. How can someone change after marriage and forget the ethics of upbringing.

dhun.laagi thumbnail

Originally posted by: suet

Yes children like them don't deserve sympathy. How can a son be so insensitive towards his mother. I am sure Radha kaku might have brought him with ethics which she has. How can someone change after marriage and forget the ethics of upbringing.

So true. It is a shame when people forget their roots. 

HarshadThakker thumbnail

Well i know that Pranav  is wrong but i can see where he's  coming from....during the flashback sequence where kaku is like "You're  not aware who your daughter  talks with , your son is never home at night" i did feel a bit irritated cause that felt like she was dictating every aspect of their  life like chachaji of tmkoc; let's  be honest , no one likes chachaji except the characters  from the show cause he's  toxic, maybe kaku was the less intense version of  chachaji? Remeber we only saw Radha  kaku's version of the story and when Pranv pulled this disgusting move we kind of forgot that even he might have his side of the story cause in this show no one is black or white , even a character like Bapodra has a valid reason to hate Patel  family , I'm  not taking Pranav 's side cause i do agree with your points....what sort of a disgusting creature would do this just because their parents were apparently  overbearing? What Pranav  did was downright disgusting 🀒 and children like him deserve to be disowned...

Edited by GattuThakker - 1 years ago
dhun.laagi thumbnail

Originally posted by: GattuThakker

Well i know that Pranav  is wrong but i can see where he's  coming from....during the flashback sequence where kaku is like "You're  not aware who your daughter  talks with , your son is never home at night" i did feel a bit irritated cause that felt like she was dictating every aspect of their  life like chachaji of tmkoc; let's  be honest , no one like chachaji except the characters  from the show cause he's  toxic, maybe kaku was the less intense version of  chachaji? Remeber we only saw Radha  kaku's version of the story and when Pranv pulled this disgusting move we kind of forgot that even he might have his side of the story cause in this show no one is black or white , even a character like Bapodra has a valid reason to hate Patel  family , I'm  not taking Pranav 's side cause i do agree with your points....what sort of a disgusting creature would do this just because their parents were apparently  overbearing? What Pranav  did was downright disgusting 🀒 and children like him deserve to be disowned...

I agree with being uncomfortable and sometimes lowkey disgusted with the kind of comments that are made by that generation. I will not pretend and say that grandparents are sometimes not way too conventional and stuck in their old ways because they have grown up in that manner where they judge differently when things do not fit the mould they want it to. From personal experience, has happened in my house as well. But I will not snap at my grandparents for it, but respectfully explain to them that I am not going to break their trust no matter what I wear, where I go or what I do in life, because that is something that has been imbibed in me by my parents. That 'respect' is missing here in the manner they spoke even in the flashbacks. And what I am talking about is wanting to usurp property and make her homeless. Dislike manifesting into hate to the extent where you are willing to discard and forget humanity, is that really justified?

As for what you are saying about Bapodra and others, 100% accurate! Let us see if there is more in store for us, and hopefully this case is closed soon in the right direction πŸ‘πŸΌ

Edited by nautankitadka - 1 years ago
HarshadThakker thumbnail

Originally posted by: nautankitadka

I agree with being uncomfortable and sometimes lowkey disgusted with the kind of comments that are made by that generation. I will pretend and say that grandparents are sometimes way too conventional and stuck in their old ways because they have grown up in that manner where they judge differently when things do not fit the mould they want it to. From personal experience, has happened in my house as well. But I will not snap at my grandparents for it, but respectfully explain to them that I am not going to break their trust no matter what I wear, where I go or what I do in life, because that is something that has been imbibed in me by my parents. That 'respect' is missing here in the manner they spoke even in the flashbacks. And what I am talking about is wanting to usurp property and make her homeless. Dislike manifesting into hate to the extent where you are willing to discard and forget humanity, is that really justified?

As for what you are saying about Bapodra and others, 100% accurate! Let us see if there is more in store for us, and hopefully this case is closed soon in the right direction πŸ‘πŸΌ

Yeah i agree , snapping at rhem or ursuping the property was uncalled for , it's  despicable...i didn't  defend that at all....Pranav and Varsha should be humiliated in front of the chawlwasis for the stuff they did...

dhun.laagi thumbnail

Originally posted by: GattuThakker

Yeah i agree , snapping at rhem or ursuping the property was uncalled for , it's  despicable...i didn't  defend that at all....Pranav and Varsha should be humiliated in front of the chawlwasis for the stuff they did...

Never said you defended it, just clarified what I meant πŸ‘πŸΌ

Hope they did learn their lesson or do at some point in the show.

HarshadThakker thumbnail

Originally posted by: nautankitadka

Never said you defended it, just clarified what I meant πŸ‘πŸΌ

Hope they did learn their lesson or do at some point in the show.

@bold;

Same...

Edited by GattuThakker - 1 years ago