Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Indulekha00 thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 1 years ago

Originally posted by: mango.falooda

you can re-classify it as 'people learning experience' -- you got to learn how people see the same scene differently with many different angles and perceptions and therefore, you learned indirectly about the world along the way. there, does that make it seem more educational now? 😂

True.. There were times when I have felt so amazed by the way viewers present symbolism and deep meanings , at times to the costume worn by the leads or vamps in a particular scene. It is a different matter that I don't believe the director gave so much thought into any particular scene.. Still one has to appreciate the creative genius and writing skill of some ardent fans.

mango.falooda thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: Ritzzee23

More then arjjo i am interested in chirag story.. It is more interesting than the usual itv lead's as usual story.... There is more to chirag and kalindi and i am eager for their story to unfold... Hope makers show their story as well... Extra marital affair is an interesting topic

EMA definitely can be interesting if they show the nuances as well as the complexities of a broken marriage and whether it is possible to put it together or not. depending on the forum, have been part of some really interesting conversations where you learn a lot about relationships and what makes it work or not. but it all depends on the creatives and the writing.

with chirag, the possibility is that chirag and kalinidi will have to rebuild the marriage after EMA -- that actually can be interesting to watch if done well....

Edited by mango.falooda - 1 years ago
mango.falooda thumbnail

Originally posted by: Indulekha00

True.. There were times when I have felt so amazed by the way viewers present symbolism and deep meanings , at times to the costume worn by the leads or vamps in a particular scene. It is a different matter that I don't believe the director gave so much thought into any particular scene.. Still one has to appreciate the creative genius and writing skill of some ardent fans.

so true; I don't pay much attention to costumes and stuff but more with dialogues and characterization. the only time I pay random attention to detail is if there are lapses in logic. 😆 lot of people think that watching drama is a waste of time but for me, over the years, the conversations in various forums have been rather educational from a people perspective. the way people read the characters and situations -- I really did learn a lot! :)

Indulekha00 thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 5

When you talk about drinking in general, I am someone who has had the chance to meet every kind that you have mentioned in your analysis... Had an uncle who passed due to his over fondness for drinking, the one whom I know ruined his life due to this habit of his... Yet a charmer whom you couldn't even dislike, for whose life I had diligently prayed. Then there is my Pa who drinks only with a select few, whose alcohol tolerance level is very low and you could make out he was drunk from the way he keeps smiling for no good reason. There are the ones for whom drinks are just a prop to have long discussions.. Some who slip into addiction after a few Friday office parties with high profile clients.

Oh yeah then there the fact that different kinds of liquor brings the kick in at different amount of intake.. I have heard that Whiskey takes time to get one inebriated.

Coming to Chirag, we have never seen him in a state where he is not aware of what is happening around him... So I don't like the tag of drunkard that the family has put on him. I think it might be the accident that put that tag on him but he himself said that he was in his complete sense and the cause of the accident was more due to the other driver than him.

I kind of get the feel that the accident was just a reason for Madhu to turn her possessive mode over Arjun to the high. Wasn't there a mention of Arjun saving Chirag with donating one of his kidneys? Also in one of her taunts Madhu mentions Chirag ruining his life despite the sacrifice Arj did for him. If so both of them have only one kidney and yet she is more concerned about Arjun's health.

We don't know how it was before, but may be she didn't realize how much she missed her younger son until he was away in US and the accident and his medical situation now gave her the perfect reason to hold him back.

About Chirag-Kalindi relationship, I get the feel that Kalindi is not as much invested in it as Chirag. Actually I was surprised when he mentioned they were in a relationship since they were teenagers. Such a long relationship brings with it an understanding of your partner and I think Chirag is right in his *shikayat* that he expected her to know him better. She could be right in her excuse that she was a new bahu and didn't know the way to be the bridge between her husband and her sasural. Yet going by the way she is portrayed now, I think she wouldn't have tried much too. Kalindi is presented more as a person who likes good things to happen for her without putting effort. Not really a mean one but a lazy one. Also not all women are cut out to be wives and mothers. I felt that Kalindi belongs to this category who likes being admired and adored without wanting responsibilities.

In my opinion Kalindi's status or hierarchy as the bahu is not really based on her being the wife of the * irresponsible drunkard* son but coz of the lack of wealth and status of her mom's family. It feels more like Madhu was forced to accept Kalindi coz of family pressure as she was the niece of Chilmil and they couldn't make an enemy of Pushkar who had a high position in society. But yes Chirag mishap did give a chance cover up the real reason for her dislike of Kalindi. Have you noticed that we never got a scene of affection between Madhu and Sia, despite she being the only grandchild in the family.

This might also be the reason why she is so possessive( controlling is you ask me) of Arjun.. He is her only chance to get the bahu of her choice!

It was really shocking and sad that so many years passed since the accident and none of the family members especially Arjun intervened on behalf of Chirag and made the situation right. It feels sad yo see that Chirag has resigned himself to being the unloved, neglected and most taunted person in the family.

But yes he is intelligent, observant and most efficient member of the family who knows how to diffuse volatile situations.

Though Kalindi might have her own reasons for a fling, I am totally against finding the candidate for the fling within the family. But who knows, she might be using Rocky to shock Chirag into reacting (though it does not seem to be so from her prayer yesterday) like a possessive husband, forcing him to take back the reigns of their relationship.

Edited by Indulekha00 - 1 years ago
mango.falooda thumbnail

Originally posted by: Indulekha00

When you talk about drinking in general, I am someone who has had the chance to meet every kind that you have mentioned in your analysis... Had an uncle who passed due to his over fondness for drinking, the one whom I know ruined his life due to this habit of his... Yet a charmer whom you couldn't even dislike, for whose life I had diligently prayed. Then there is my Pa who drinks only with a select few, whose alcohol tolerance level is very low and you could make out he was drunk from the way he keeps smiling for no good reason. There are the ones for whom drinks are just a prop to have long discussions.. Some who slip into addiction after a few Friday office parties with high profile clients.

Oh yeah then there the fact that different kinds of liquor brings the kick in at different amount of intake.. I have heard that Whiskey takes time to get one inebriated.

yea that was my point -- in some families, they use the drinker tag to dismiss someone. in my own relatives, have seen that attitude very often and it is really ironic because many of them also drink. so it is totally a case of pot calling the kettle black. 🤦 am aware of the effects on family members as well as the kind of complicated dynamics that play out. so my read on chirag and kalindi was based on that. hence my post. :)

Coming to Chirag, we have never seen him in a state where he is not aware of what is happening around him... So I don't like the tag of drunkard that the family has put on him. I think it might be the accident that put that tag on him but he himself said that he was in his complete sense and the cause of the accident was more due to the other driver than him.

my feel is that chirag probably always had a drink or two for quite a while but the family objected to that kind of lifestyle. hence, he was labeled a drunkard causing the accident even when he didn't have a drink.

I kind of get the feel that the accident was just a reason for Madhu to turn her possessive mode over Arjun to the high. Wasn't there a mention of Arjun saving Chirag with donating one of his kidneys? Also in one of her taunts Madhu mentions Chirag ruining his life despite the sacrifice Arj did for him. If so both of them have only one kidney and yet she is more concerned about Arjun's health.

We don't know how it was before, but may be she didn't realize how much she missed her younger son until he was away in US and the accident and his medical situation now gave her the perfect reason to hold him back.

my feel is that she was probably always biased. in real life, the people who have complained of favouritism have always said that it was like that right from the start / from childhood. maybe she had a difficult pregnancy or arjun just looks more like her or who knows what. but I think chirag was always sidelined and he had accepted that.

About Chirag-Kalindi relationship, I get the feel that Kalindi is not as much invested in it as Chirag. Actually I was surprised when he mentioned they were in a relationship since they were teenagers. Such a long relationship brings with it an understanding of your partner and I think Chirag is right in his *shikayat* that he expected her to know him better. She could be right in her excuse that she was a new bahu and didn't know the way to be the bridge between her husband and her sasural. Yet going by the way she is portrayed now, I think she wouldn't have tried much too. Kalindi is presented more as a person who likes good things to happen for her without putting effort. Not really a mean one but a lazy one. Also not all women are cut out to be wives and mothers. I felt that Kalindi belongs to this category who likes being admired and adored without wanting responsibilities.

that is an interesting take but we will have to see how it plays out. my feel is that both are in the marriage but kind of not in it. so chirag has zero expectations from kalindi and neither does she. so they seem sad that they are where they are but it is not like either want to or putting in the effort to make any changes

In my opinion Kalindi's status or hierarchy as the bahu is not really based on her being the wife of the * irresponsible drunkard* son but coz of the lack of wealth and status of her mom's family. It feels more like Madhu was forced to accept Kalindi coz of family pressure as she was the niece of Chilmil and they couldn't make an enemy of Pushkar who had a high position in society. But yes Chirag mishap did give a chance cover up the real reason for her dislike of Kalindi. Have you noticed that we never got a scene of affection between Madhu and Sia, despite she being the only grandchild in the family.

yes it is weird that sia is hardly there but given how madhu is, am also wondering if that attitude is because sia is a girl child? if it was a boy, would she act differently?

This might also be the reason why she is so possessive( controlling is you ask me) of Arjun.. He is her only chance to get the bahu of her choice!

It was really shocking and sad that so many years passed since the accident and none of the family members especially Arjun intervened on behalf of Chirag and made the situation right. It feels sad yo see that Chirag has resigned himself to being the unloved, neglected and most taunted person in the family.

But yes he is intelligent, observant and most efficient member of the family who knows how to diffuse volatile situations.

what stands out to me is that he keeps his dignity despite it all. he is not bitter or angry or frustrated about it. somehow that makes it even more sadder in some ways -- a quietness to it all..

Though Kalindi might have her own reasons for a fling, I am totally against finding the candidate for the fling within the family. But who knows, she might be using Rocky to shock Chirag into reacting (though it does not seem to be so from her prayer yesterday) like a possessive husband, forcing him to take back the reigns of their relationship.

yea she could have found someone else a little less scandalous. they haven't shown us how the affair started right? did rocky hit on her and did she succomb because she was lonely?

nice take :) we will have to see how things play out. it is early days and there are many different directions it could go and we could get different details that can change or modify our view. (my thoughts in bold orange above)

am excited to see a drama that has potential for upcoming arcs with kalindi and chirag. am just crossing my fingers that they don't drop the ball. am tired of dramas where they don't develop the side characters at all -- seems like such a waste of money to have a huge cast if you are not going to use them 🤦

Edited by mango.falooda - 1 years ago
tellyme thumbnail

A big post... nice one👏

I had never said before, but chirag is one character in Rajjo, which is very well done. You can feel the character. I have not watched episode for over a week or two, but I appreciate the subtleness that comes with Chirag. He is a very mature person, who loves his mother but does not do anything to come in good book of his mother. He does what he thinks is right. She can keep cribbing but he will do what he thinks is right and most of times knows what he is doing.

Whereas, Arjun, openly being called as ladla, has extra burden to do things for his mother's shake. Unlike Chirag, he is burdened that he does not do things which his mother does not approve of. Okay he did few things for Rajjo, keeping that apart i think many thigs he does to keep his mother happy.

I appreciate person who does things which they think is right and other person should love you for what you are not for what they want you to be and you keep trying hard to be what they want you to be.

So for me, Chirag is much stronger character that Arjun. Though i have missed last two weeks of epi, if he had done something great in that then i don't know😆

Yeah he is hard drinker, nothing wrong in drinking but if it effects your health one should keep check on it. So chirag, improvement needed on that part.

mango.falooda thumbnail

great points -- in some ways, chirag has the freedom to be himself, to think independently because no one is putting him on a pedestal and expecting him to act a certain way.

hope we get more development of the character and the show is given plenty of time to find its feet.

Ria23 thumbnail

I want to see chirag kalindi equation

Usually it shows wife forgiving husband cheating

Can chirag do ths same

mango.falooda thumbnail

Originally posted by: 07RB

I want to see chirag kalindi equation

Usually it shows wife forgiving husband cheating

Can chirag do ths same

yea, ITV generally shows cheating husbands magically forgiven by over magnamious wives who don't have any struggles whereas men are seen as having egos. so it will be interesting to see how it plays out here. much as kalindi is being shady by having an affair right at home with a relative, this marriage was on the rocks and chirag also had a huge role in the cracks. so whether they will be able to address these in a sensitive and realistic fashion is a question.