priya185 thumbnail
Posted: 1 years ago

Originally posted by: S_H_Y

Hope Boris comes back

Only his happy birthday song should be back

Vedika.Kapoor thumbnail

Originally posted by: priya185

It was £27,000 plus interest for me. interest increased significantly in the UK due to Bank of England 

It used to be 9,000 so a big difference 

27k for three years i suppose right?? I have the same plus interest which has gone up so my current is over 30k already hence i am paying off more than i need to coz cba ti pay my whole life bqck this money 😒😒 9k we also had per year 

trouble_006 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Jimmy Jab Games Season 3 0 Thumbnail + 7

Ever since Braverman resigned, folks here have been betting on when Truss would follow suit 😆

I thought it was going to happen yesterday 

Edited by trouble_006 - 1 years ago
NimbuMirchi thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: Supari_khala

I don’t know. US has had a shitshow for a government ever since Bush so who am I to say anything about other people’s countries 

Obama was nice, no?

Supari_khala thumbnail
Voice of India 2024 Participant 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 8

Yes, he spoke nicely while he bombed the Middle East and convinced people in Flint, Michigan to continue drinking poison water. He fooled me twice. 

sev.puri thumbnail
Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Anniversary 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: priya185

It was £27,000 plus interest for me. interest increased significantly in the UK due to Bank of England 

It used to be 9,000 so a big difference 

You have the Lib Dems to thank for their epic U Turn. 

What an absolute shitshow. Can’t believe people want Boris back.

FlyOnTheWall thumbnail
Jimmy Jab Games Season 2 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3

Abhi to government form kiye the aisa unstable government economy ko aur nuksan pahuchata hai 

vcs17 thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: BirdieNumNum

Lis Truss lasted all of 4.1 scaramuccis, the former WH communications director😆

all of europe is a basket case, with england being one of the biggest. The tories seem to have become ungovernable. All that immigration created a backlash that led to brexit etc. Started with that useless Merkel who was trying to be a liberal sachai ki murti embracing immigrants who could not even speak the language, imposing costs on taxpayers. Those immigrants only turned around to bite the hand of the master that fed it. Italy already elected a right wing PM. We now even have scandinavian countries wanting to impose restrictions on immigrants coming in. That after lecturing other countries to be more liberal and to stand up for human rights... Hypocrisy at its best.😆

it could be a unity govt of sunak/ mourdant, also a chance johnson is back 

best thing england can do is reach a trade deal with India and not hold out on it because it wants to put a cap on Indian professionals coming in. Indian professionals are better than the educated lot they had come in and represent the best hope the brits have of salvaging their lousy economy. 

ps-i think the UK economy has very little upward mobility if one is a desi. One can almost predict what one will earn after 20 years, its so regimented and suffocating. Sad. That way, the US is the best... You can start anywhere and work yourself to the top. There is a "can do" attitude that's texas-sized large, befitting the size of the country that is the US.

lots of things up there for folks to debate.😉

very well surmised, I lived in France for a while, leaving aside all the old world charm and quaintness (which one can enjoy as a tourist), it was most suffocating.  salary is close to what you will earn as a grad student stipend in US,  with some 2% increase, i remember paying some 50 bucks annual tax for some stupid 150 euro tv. on top there are areas in Paris which are complete ghettos, crimes, closed and lots of handouts and police also wont enter, there is no assimilation

jobs and oppurtunities are very limited. anyday US (university and industry) attracts the best immigrants who really rejenuvate it and even with its downward slide it still has a culture of  "you can make it" from anywhere or current India is also very vibrant and go getting

UK putting cap on educated indian professional is big joke, they are law abiding, pay taxes and will build the economy 

Edited by vcs17 - 1 years ago
Vedika.Kapoor thumbnail

Why do people want jhonson back?? And why rumours he is considering coming back??