GiTya OS: Lifeline

mistofshadows thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 1 years ago

AN: Since we were all going mad behind Grey Adi, I thought of trying a grey Ginni instead. Enjoy!

My other works on GiTya:

https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/5305204

https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/5305801

Lifeline

His touch burned her.

So much time had passed and yet even now his touch managed to leave fiery imprints on her skin, she thought dazedly. His mouth was hot and needy as he peppered butterfly kisses on her jaw and groaned as he nuzzled her collarbone. His hands were wrapped around her as he clutched her to him with a desperation that spoke volumes.

Clothes tearing, fingers roving, skin rutting on skin; her heat welcomed him into a dance that only they were familiar with. As a jolt of pleasure grew in her belly; a soundless scream of pleasure left her mouth and he shuddered as it triggered his release. Trembling he clutched her to himself. Warm fingers caressed her face and a pair of wide swirling hazel eyes gazed at her dark orbs.

His lips trembled as his eyes read the indifference in them. Something stuck in his throat. His wife lay there, dripping with sweat and the flush of their lovemaking dotting her skin. As usual, she responded to him like a moth drawn to fire. Physically she was always close. But emotionally, he had lost her long back.

There was a wall between them now. His wife did not stare at him with her heart in her eyes. There were no more shy blushes, no hitching of her breath, no longing looks at him, and no love in her eyes. There was just desire, the physical lust that made her wrap herself around him; that made her welcome his touch. But it was all an act.

He could read it in her eyes.

She did not care.

A throbbing pain sheared through him biting him through like thousands of sharp pointy knives making a dartboard of his soul. Unbidden, unshed tears welled up in his eyes. He wanted her back. He wanted his wife back.

Please!

He could not live like this. Every second, every breath, took massive effort to sustain. He needed her back.

“Please come back,” he whispered to her and her glazed eyes focused on him with startling intensity.

“I am here,” she answered, her voice soft and steady.

“No, you are not,” he told her, as his voice shook. “I am sorry for everything Ginni. Please. I will repent our whole life. Whatever punishment you give, I will accept. But please don’t close yourself to me. I need you back Ginni. You are my lifeline Ginni, please don't leave me. I am sorry. Just don’t leave me.”

Her eyes flashed and anunreadable look crossed her eyes.

She reached out to him and he gave into her touch, docile and pliant. She slowly caressed him. His eyes drooped and his breaths evened out.

Ginni Aditya Raj Singh stared at her husband and in that instant something glittered in her dark orbs.

The house was empty.

Her mother and siblings had already left. She stayed behind, for some last-minute cleaning. The curtains were all washed, dried and hung into the hooks. The new cushion covers were placed and she had changed all the sheets. The cobwebs were clean and every surface of the house shone in the dim light.

There was nothing else left to do.

She made her way to the bathroom. Freshening up, she donned a plain white kurta and gently towelled her hair dry. Her eyes flitted to the clock on the wall.

It struck twelve and she closed her eyes.

A new day and a new beginning!

But the past does not leave that easily, does it?

The voice in her mind was determined not to let her sneak away from her thoughts. A sigh left her and the past few weeks spiralled through her mind. It takes the blink of an eye to change the world. She had heard that before. But this time she had finally experienced it for herself. For she had blinked and her world had changed.

And changed it had!

Immediately pain sheared through her spine. It gnawed through her to where her heart was and her heart; the poor tattered organ pumped that pain to her entire being.

And it burnt.

Her eyes closed and she exhaled hard.

It was time.

When her eyes opened, there was none of the grief in them or the brokenness. A swirling blankness and hollowness swam in her gaze.

“You are my lifeline, Ginni,” she mimicked his low trembling voice, “please don’t leave me. I am sorry. Just don’t leave me.”

A mirthless smile spread across her face and it was then that footsteps met her ear.

Simran Grewal stood near the door with a wry look on her face. Sensing Ginni’s gaze on her she sauntered forward and came to a stop near her.

“Well, well, well,” Simran a.k.a Sam drawled, her eyes glinting shrewdly, “who would have thought that innocent little Ginni Grewal can be such a cunning little fox! Consider me impressed!”

Ginni raised her head gracefully and gave her a beatific smile. Simran froze and a sense of uneasiness seeped into her. There was something very different about Ginni and this new version often raised her hackles. She swallowed and put back her confident mask.

“Everything is arranged. The men are outside. Now tell me what we need to do.”

“Nothing much,” Ginni spoke softly brushing her hair, “just get the gasoline from the storage room and burn the house down.”

Simran choked and staggered back.

Ginni looked at her curiously. “Do you think you can put up a good enough act of mourning your sister-in-law?”

A stunned silence met her words. And then --

“The hell is wrong with you!” Simran shrieked; her eyes wide. “I am not committing murder.”

“I am not asking you to,” Ginni replied. “I have it all arranged. Just get your men to burn the house down and then leave. Make sure they keep quiet. Also, the fire should resemble a short circuit. No loose ends.”

Simran stared at her aghast. “Are you mad? Why would you want to burn the house? We stay here stupid.”

“We stayed,” Ginni interrupted her, “but not anymore.” She sighed and got up. She took out a file from the cabinet and held it out for Simran.

Simran breathed heavily and took it. “What’s it?”

“Property details,” Ginny answered. “I took the liberty of arranging for other accommodation for my family. Far away from Amritsar. It is on the outskirts of the city. It will suit you and Goldie well. You always wanted to live in the city, right?”

Her eyes flit across the property deeds and looked back at Ginni in stark surprise. What the hell was this girl up to?

“Everyone has already left for the wedding in Delhi,” Simran grouched, “and I am stuck here with you.”

“Sorry, you could not join them. I needed your help here.”

“What are you doing here?” Simran asked exasperated. “I followed your instructions and got those men here. Now you want me to burn the house. Look, Ginni, you owe me answers. What are you planning? Last I heard your husband came back to you. And you being the Mahan Patnivrata wife accepted him back. You returned to your in-laws. So, what the hell are you doing here? It's midnight.”

“It's simple Simran,” Ginni stared at her reflection in the mirror as she gently put some sindoor on the partition of her hair. “Mrs Ginni Aditya Raj Singh needs to die.”

The click of the hands of the clock broke the deafening silence.

“You are suicidal now?” Simran asked bleakly and stepped back a few paces keeping a proper distance between them. She did not want to get caught in the new brand of craziness Ginni was emitting.

“Suicidal?” Ginni gave a small giggle. The laugh did nothing to calm her nerves. “Of course not. It just needs to appear that I have died.”

“I don’t understand,” Simran shook her head. “You want to die? But not die?”

“Yes,” Ginni nodded her eyes curiously blank. “I will leave from here after this. And for the world, Ginni Aditya Raj Singh dies here.”

“How? There has to be a dead body and –”

“It's all taken care of,” Ginni cut her off. “Just manage to do what I asked. In return, there will be no evidence left to book you under all those frauds you have committed. You keep your mouth shut and I will ensure you stay out of the small cell that has your name written on it.”

"And what about your family? What will I tell them?"

Ginni gave a hollow smile. "Nothing. There was a fire and I died."

Simran suddenly felt weary. After all, she was four months into her pregnancy and such shocks were not really good for her baby. Her head spun.

“Why are you doing this Ginni?” she asked quietly. “You have always been a good person. I do not like you but what you are doing now, is not something even I would attempt. Why now Ginni? Is it to target Adi?”

Ginni’s eyes flashed with something unreadable. “Is that a soft corner Simran Parjayi for the husband of your sister-in-law?” she drawled.

Simran rolled her eyes. “No. And you know that. Adi means nothing to me. He was just a step on the ladder. But I don't understand you. Why are you doing this? You want to pretend that you have died. You are essentially orchestrating the drama of your own death. For what? I know Aditya has wronged you. Instead of taking revenge, you forgave him and went back with him. Now you are planning to kill yourself for the world and let that fellow have a full reign over your Dhaba? I thought the Dhaba was everything for you. God Ginni, I am not getting you at all.”

“That’s because you are a fool,” Ginni told her point blank. Simran’s eyes narrowed but Ginni continued. “Do you think I don’t know what he has done? Do you think I don’t remember what I have lost? And Revenge? No, Sam, revenge is old-style. I believe in playing it even.” She sauntered close to Simran. “The Dhaba was my life,” she whispered. She cocked her head and looked at her. “He begged me to forgive him. He wants me back. Do you know what he called me?”

Simran shook her head and bit her lip uneasily.

“He called me his lifeline,” Ginni breathed out and an ethereal light shone across her eyes. “And if I cannot have my life with me, he cannot have his either.”

Ginni straightened up and her gaze pinned Simran to her place. “He snatched my life and today, I snatch away his.”

Saying so she turned around and let her eyes rove across the house. Memories of the past fluttered to her like puzzle pieces of colours and feelings. Soon it will all be over and by the time he could understand anything, there would be oceans separating them.

See what you have created Aditya Raj Singh, she thought mournfully, the Ginni that lived for her Tabbar is going to die. You should be proud. This new Ginni would never know family.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

mickeymouse21 thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Anniversary 2 Thumbnail

Well this one is so heartbreaking yet so unique 😭❤️

You keep going girl, your written dazzles me ❤️

devashree_h thumbnail

Damn, this is intense and brutal. Someone broken could totally do this.