Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

tellyme thumbnail
Posted: 1 years ago

It was really very very tough as i loved all of them, Bringing thought in just few words is really creditable. Still had to vote, so went through them again and again.

Voting For English entries first and then will edit for Hindi entries.

My Votes - English Entries

20. “Your baby craves mangoes. And you?” She answered with a longing kiss  

28. A house full of people, he still ate alone. Until she came.

61. Chocolate, honey, whipped cream. Take me now, make me scream.

72. Cupcakes in a cafe. Yearning gazes.Fingers intertwined. Secret kisses. Two lovers!

100. Growing stomach. Midnight cravings. Breastfeeding. A mother is born.

102. Having dinner in Burj Khalifa, then voice came, Wakeup, it's morning. 

131. I would love to loose weight, but I have separation anxiety

137. Lips melded. Strawberries and cinnamon. Breathless moans. Ecstasy. Sight was definitely overrated.

140. Love for Coffee brought them together. A broken tea cup ended it. 

183. She eyed the gulab-jamuns hungrily, until she noticed someone even more appetising

My Vote - Hindi Entries

10. Bhutta. koyle pe bhuna. nimbu masala laga ke.

14.Garam dimag. Garam Chaay. Garam hi garam ko thanda kar sakta hai 

Thanks

-Anu😊

Amphitrite thumbnail

I am so much in a fix right now, I really want to vote for more entries coz everyone's written so well! But I tried picking up the ones I felt made me the most intrigued or nostalgic. Its tough and had to re-read again and again to choose.

But thanks ladies for this opportunity!

English Entries:

10. "I'd die for these rosogolla!" She was finished soon. Poetic Justice?

17. "To love!" They raised a toast. He drank wine. She tasted blood.

38. An old woman. Aroma of fresh cookies. No one to eat? Loneliness.

78. Death by love, he sputtered. She smiled venomously, as the cyanide spread.

87. Feeds Kheer to hungry son. He turns, expecting mom. No one there…..

107. He offers a drink. Two sips; her eyes droop closed. Comforted? Caged.

114. He took her out for steak… found his eyes stuck on her.  

119. Homeless beggar offers stale bread. Heartbroken furry friend, abandoned by millionaire master.

198. Someone needs spicy air, have lays chips as it's full of air.

245. World renowned chef. Yet his slice of heaven was homemade food. 

Hindi Entries:

1. "Khana khaya?" Jaise tum bolti thi, koi aur abhi puchta tak nahi.  

20. Pehle usne mujhe chocolate khilaya. Phir bahut maara. Mumma, dard hota hai.

Viswasruti thumbnail

English--

2  “Cake with blue and yellow frosting”. “Who for, Sir?” “Alyosha, Chernobyl survivor”. 

29-- A man finishes eating. A black bag is pulled over his head.

55-- Candles blown, cake cut. Explosion!. Birthday girl lifeless. Police interrogate step brother. 

75--Dairy Milk on bed. "Always proud of you, cadet" Dad's note said. 

82--Drinking nectar from flowers, flying freely on colorful wings. Short, happy life. 

90-- Five people. Four portions. The mother smiles; she's already eaten. 

100-- Growing stomach. Midnight cravings. Breastfeeding. A mother is born. 

125--Hungry eyes reflect mine. My country's foe. Roti is torn. War pauses. 

159-- Peheli rasoi. Atta spill. He wipes her, thrilling unexpected touch… eyelock…

218--The tortured wife cooked Kheer, his favorite. That was his last meal. 

-------------   

Hindi -- 

18  Jay Veeru ki dosti itni lambi aur mazboot hai Purane Chawaal jesi. (Translation: Jay and Veeru's friendship is strong and enduring like old Basmati rice. )

20-- Pehle usne mujhe chocolate khilaya. Phir bahut maara. Mumma, dard hota hai. (Translation: First he fed me chocolate. Then hit a lot. Mom, it hurts.)

firewings_diya thumbnail

Good luck to all participants and guys you all did a great job it was very difficult to write a story with the limitations on the number of words 😊It was very hard to choose a few among all 😒

ENGLISH

3. "Can you cook?" "Only Maggi." "Same." They had an understanding.

25 A conversation over a pizza let to a lifetime of friendship. 

34 A starving eight year old stares at the roti he cannot afford.

67 Cooking is like magic. Even a wicked witch enjoys it too.

68 Corner of her lips dirty with cream and chocolate. Like in childhood. 

104 He eats to live. She lives to eat. Class difference.

106 He loved Aamras Poori. She loved Veg Kolhapuri. Agreed on Paneer Tandoor

178. She ate. He watched her. It was love at first bite.

233. Tortured, beaten, escaped luxurious farmhouse. Befriended loving beggar. Eating trash, wagging tail.

115. He wanted Tikka, She wanted Burger, In end, they ordered Tikka Burger

HINDI 

5.Aloo Bhujiya pe karte hue khusti, Ho gayi bhai-behen mein dosti.

15. Ghar lautne ke khushi; Maa, tere hath ka khana khaane mein hain.

Bucky thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Hush just in time. Had such a hard time picking only ten! What an amazing job everyone!👏

English

2. “Cake with blue and yellow frosting”. “Who for, Sir?” “Alyosha, Chernobyl survivor”

44. Barfi, said the sonographer. She never saw the light of day

81. Diwali, challenge for the strongest! Gulab Jamun, Kaju Katli, Kalakand, Rasmalai, Rasogulla.

90. Five people. Four portions. The mother smiles; she's already eaten

157. One bite. Eyes tear. He nods. Her mother's recipe. After ten years

210. The baby giggles. She opens her mouth. The 'airplane' flies in

211. The family stares at the empty plate. They are next. Famine's victims

220. The university is over and I stayed in the kitchen. My world

235. Undeniably bitter and black. Chocolate’s real taste.The rest is sweetened

248. Yummy Separation Story. Food ingredients parted away in different pots

Hindi

13. Gali ka kutta. Briyani khaye  Hairan Billi . Paisa kahan aya

22. Shadi ghar.  Mithai sor kilo  Udhas barathi. Chinni ki bimari

DreamOfEndless thumbnail

Now that we have served the spicy Rista of critical judgment inspecting your stories for its swaad, surat aur soch, let’s proceed to something tangy. It may change your palette, but Chef tournesol and Chef oye_nakhrewaali have a special surprise for you.

You all can vote for each other’s entries now. Even silent readers who have been around in the forum and enjoyed the aroma can now jump in the dining table and vote for their favorite entries.

Entries are on page 1 (post 2 and post 3)

RULES FOR VOTING:

1. Please read all the entries. People have put out their best work, and it would be kind of you to go through their work.

2. You have to vote for 10 entries in the English category and 2 in Hindi. If you need translation for the Hindi stories, please let us know. We will ask the authors to provide them.

3. Please DO NOT edit your posts while voting, unless you have voted for less than the required number of stories in each category. In case you edit your post after voting for 10 stories in English and 2 stories in Hindi, only the first draft of your post will be considered. (Mods of a forum can view all drafts of a post in that forum)

4. Post all the votes in one post. Please mention the story along with its serial number.

5. The participants cannot vote for their entries, however, they can vote for entries by their fellow contestants.

6. Newbie and Groupbie votes will not be counted, unless they are participating.

7. The participants are NOT ALLOWED to promote their entries in any way. Please notify us immediately if you come across any promotion of an entry by any participating author.

8. The deadline to vote is September 24, 2022, 11:59 PM IST. 

Thank you so much for taking your time out and voting. Hope you had a scrumptious read.

Edited by oye_nakhrewaali - 1 years ago
oh_nakhrewaali thumbnail

Incase you have received an invite prior to the tag and you still wish to vote, please mention in the post that you were invited.

Check the rules on page 4 and entries on page 1. Do not spam, if you wish to invite your friends, use the link on page 4 to the main thread and give them link to this one.

oh_nakhrewaali thumbnail

Originally posted by: oye_nakhrewaali

Incase you have received an invite prior to the tag and you still wish to vote, please mention in the post that you were invited.

Check the rules on page 4 and entries on page 1. Do not spam, if you wish to invite your friends, use the link on page 4 to the main thread and give them link to this one.

oh_nakhrewaali thumbnail

Tags🤪

oh_nakhrewaali thumbnail

T a g s