My Impressions On The First Episode

Aleyamma47 thumbnail
Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Anniversary 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 1 years ago

I found the first episode a bit too similar to Nazar especially the Pisachini backstory and how she wants revenge from the Rajputs.

Same kind of backstory Mohona had in Nazar. In the first few episodes, they showed how Mohona enchanted Mridul, suck his life and killed him. Here Pisachini is enchanting Pratik and his wife.

Next the way of introducing both Mohona and Pisachini were the same. Both of them appeared at first to some strangers (in Nazar a passenger of a train, here a watchman) hiding behind a shawl, then after revealing themselves, kill the strangers.

In Nazar, the Rathods, cut Mohona's plait where all her powers lie, here the Rajputs seize Pisachini's wooden stick where all her powers lie.

In Nazar, the Rathods along with so many people bearing fire in their hands ran behind Mohona in a forest to entrap her, here the Rajputs along with so many people bearing fire in their hands were running behind Pisachini to entrap her.

There Divya (Piya's mother) life was in danger after entrapping Mohona, here, the Panditiji's (who entrapped Pisachini) life was in danger.

So most likely, Pavitra which is the female lead Jiya Shankar will be the Panditiji's daughter.

There Mohona was burnt and made into a statue of stone. Here Pisachini is captured in a wooden box.

Both Mohona and Pisachini want to get freed from where they are entrapped (stone body/box) and take revenge on the family which made them entrapped.

Some of VFX effects are also similar like both Mohona and Pisachini use their long hair to catch hold of people.

These were the similarities I found in the first episode, maybe as the story progresses there will be changes.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

SilverBell thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: Aleyamma47

I found the first episode a bit too similar to Nazar especially the Pisachini backstory and how she wants revenge from the Rajputs.

Same kind of backstory Mohona had in Nazar. In the first few episodes, they showed how Mohona enchanted Mridul, suck his life and killed him. Here Pisachini is enchanting Pratik and his wife.

Next the way of introducing both Mohona and Pisachini were the same. Both of them appeared at first to some strangers (in Nazar a passenger of a train, here a watchman) hiding behind a shawl, then after revealing themselves, kill the strangers.

In Nazar, the Rathods, cut Mohona's plait where all her powers lie, here the Rajputs seize Pisachini's wooden stick where all her powers lie.

In Nazar, the Rathods along with so many people bearing fire in their hands ran behind Mohona in a forest to entrap her, here the Rajputs along with so many people bearing fire in their hands were running behind Pisachini to entrap her.

There Divya (Piya's mother) life was in danger after entrapping Mohona, here, the Panditiji's (who entrapped Pisachini) life was in danger.

So most likely, Pavitra which is the female lead Jiya Shankar will be the Panditiji's daughter.

There Mohona was burnt and made into a statue of stone. Here Pisachini is captured in a wooden box.

Both Mohona and Pisachini want to get freed from where they are entrapped (stone body/box) and take revenge on the family which made them entrapped.

Some of VFX effects are also similar like both Mohona and Pisachini use their long hair to catch hold of people.

These were the similarities I found in the first episode, maybe as the story progresses there will be changes.

Ok I Will See A Few Episodes Maybe It Will Progress With Changes 

Indulekha00 thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 5

I guess similarities are bound to be there..First and the foremost being the male lead of both the shows πŸ˜†

And then the actress who is playing Pi... (Too long a word to type) did play a small part as Pi possessed in her last SN show. Are Pi and Daayan the same, by the way? 

Rounding up the evil has been something that has been depicted in most shows/stories (though I have seen some Mal movies where they have shown some super skilled guy braving the evil alone) and the night scene is best suited for it with the fire and shadows and hence the visual drama. 

Since beauty, *chal*, long nails and hair used as weapon are part of the myth of evil / demoness women I guess there will be similarly in such scenes... But I guess where Mo used plaited hair, this one uses unbound hair. Evil being secured in box is also following the cliche of locking the beings up as per myths. (I do like the concept of an enchanted iron nail restraining the evil, which is the way it is done in Mal myths). 

Anyways, I guess the main difference we will see here from Nazar is that here Pi is out to entice the ML herself. (Oh! Didn't Ansh have a bike scene in college too, I think that was when Ruby was introduced). I agree with the assumption that Pavi will most probably be related to the Pujari who helped trap Pi. 

I wish for a different type of SN... With reincarnation, magic good and bad, fight of good against evil incarnate to acquire some powerful relic that could topple the balance.. *sigh* then ITV can't think of anything without it's tadka of family drama !! 

Waiting for  Pi forum to open so that the discussion could be switched there... Though I am sure I won't be there for long... (These days I lose interest very soon .. *sigh*) 

Edited by Indulekha00 - 1 years ago
Aleyamma47 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Indulekha00

I guess similarities are bound to be there..First and the foremost being the male lead of both the shows πŸ˜†

And then the actress who is playing Pi... (Too long a word to type) did play a small part as Pi possessed in her last SN show. Are Pi and Daayan the same, by the way? 

Rounding up the evil has been something that has been depicted in most shows/stories (though I have seen some Mal movies where they have shown some super skilled guy braving the evil alone) and the night scene is best suited for it with the fire and shadows and hence the visual drama. 

Since beauty, *chal*, long nails and hair used as weapon are part of the myth of evil / demoness women I guess there will be similarly in such scenes... But I guess where Mo used plaited hair, this one uses unbound hair. Evil being secured in box is also following the cliche of locking the beings up as per myths. (I do like the concept of an enchanted iron nail restraining the evil, which is the way it is done in Mal myths). 

Anyways, I guess the main difference we will see here from Nazar is that here Pi is out to entice the ML herself. (Oh! Didn't Ansh have a bike scene in college too, I think that was when Ruby was introduced). I agree with the assumption that Pavi will most probably be related to the Pujari who helped trap Pi. 

I wish for a different type of SN... With reincarnation, magic good and bad, fight of good against evil incarnate to acquire some powerful relic that could topple the balance.. *sigh* then ITV can't think of anything without it's tadka of family drama !! 

Waiting for  Pi forum to open so that the discussion could be switched there... Though I am sure I won't be there for long... (These days I lose interest very soon .. *sigh*) 

@red - Agreed since both are supernatural shows, there are certain supernatural elements which are bound to be similar in both but I wasn't talking about those.

I was talking about the storyline depicted in the first episode in general. I found a strange striking similarity between the two stories.

Which is why I started my post saying there is a stark similarity between Mohona and Pisachini's BACKSTORY.

And, I personally think that it's not something relishable for the viewers to see the same story again. It's like the saying 'serving the old wine in a new cup'.

But as I had already said , it's just the first episode so we can't decide the story from just one episode.

In the upcoming episodes, we can expect some positive changes and let's hope how the story unfolds.

The Pisachini forum is open already.

MuguetDScorpion thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Instead of Nazar, I would have preferred to see similarities with Anamika more. The promo looked a new version of Anamika but show looked Nazar 2.0. πŸ˜† Seriously I was all in for an evil creature behind the guy and the guy being hypnotized by her rather than revenge stuff. πŸ˜³

Edited by MuguetDScorpion - 1 years ago
Indulekha00 thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 5

ITV shows are all about old wine in new bottle! I have rarely come across an original.. Though the main plot may be presented as a new concept, it ends up being the same old. 

Now after decades of tweaking her own old shows to present them as new ones Ekta has decided to openly remake her old shows as season 2!! Wonder how many old ones will find season 2! 

Anyways coming to Pishachini, I do hope it do not go the *totally inspired* way. But isn't the backstory a bit different here? Mo sucked out the life of her victims to keep herself alive. Here Pi's objective  is to get back the land that she belonged to her. 

The show sadly lacks inspiring involved horror in the viewers. I mean I have never felt scared of walking down the stairs in dark after watching any Indian SN show.. I still remember the aversion I had towards covering myself with blanket after watching Nightmare in Elm street πŸ˜†

I couldn't find the forum under colors group. 

Aleyamma47 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Indulekha00

ITV shows are all about old wine in new bottle! I have rarely come across an original.. Though the main plot may be presented as a new concept, it ends up being the same old. 

Now after decades of tweaking her own old shows to present them as new ones Ekta has decided to openly remake her old shows as season 2!! Wonder how many old ones will find season 2! 

Anyways coming to Pishachini, I do hope it do not go the *totally inspired* way. But isn't the backstory a bit different here? Mo sucked out the life of her victims to keep herself alive. Here Pi's objective  is to get back the land that she belonged to her. 

The show sadly lacks inspiring involved horror in the viewers. I mean I have never felt scared of walking down the stairs in dark after watching any Indian SN show.. I still remember the aversion I had towards covering myself with blanket after watching Nightmare in Elm street πŸ˜†

I couldn't find the forum under colors group. 

@blue - Agreed and that technique of presenting old wine in a new cup is in a way cheating the ITV viewers.

I know we can't change anything in ITV until and unless some writer tries to write stories which are different and inspiring. 

I'm writer myself and would love to become one such writer.

But I know in ITV it's hard to find CHANGE.

And I am not here to change anything or anyone. I was just sharing my thoughts on the first episode.

@pink - The revenge motive which is the BASIC CRUX of the story is the same and for the same purpose. 

Mohona wanted to avenge the Rathods because they cut her plait devoiding her of her powers and entrapped her in a stone statue. The only opponent she had was the Daivik Piya who was the daughter of the woman who helped the Rathods to entrap her.

Pisachini wants to avenge the Rajputs because they seized her wooden stick devoiding her of her powers and entrapped her in a box. The only one extra reason of Pisachini's revenge saga is that of seizing her land. Here again the only opponent is Pavitra who I think is related to the Panditiji, the man who helped the Rajputs to entrap her.

But as I already said it's just the first episode and we can't decide the story with just the first episode, let the story progress only then we can decide.

@violet - It's open already. If you press the Pisachini tag in all these threads you will reach there. I think it's not part of colors tv forum yet and is still a part of TV Hindi forum.

infinity101 thumbnail
Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Anniversary 7 Thumbnail + 3

These shows have nothing new to offer. It’s the same old thing always. First episode was kinda lame. Though such shows have potential to become super interesting with the kind of plot they choose to show, I mean we already have a dearth of good supernatural shows like this. I hardly watch anything on TV therefore I don’t mind giving such shows a try for the sake of some entertainment but it’s the execution which is poor most of the times. Let’s see how this one would turn out. 

Edited by infinity101 - 1 years ago
Sshesha thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 3

Did they tell all the Mohana's backstory in the first episode itself or within 4-5 episodes? Like they did reveal most of the things in the first episode. I started Nazar only in the middle.

urmita thumbnail

Originally posted by: Aleyamma47

You know Mohona used to actually attract people with that tune and trap them with dayan circle, hypnotize them or whatever...Here it didnt look to me like Pishachini actually did anything specifically to attract Pratik and his wife...Looked to me like they knowing Pishachinis can fulfill wishes, got greedy and stole her box, all on their free will...But correct me if I got it wrong...

baki sab yes sort of...But I am ok as long as nothing is a blatant copy...

Vaise Pavitra here I think I heard supposedly came to look specifically for the Pishachini, as in hunt her...