Daebak thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 1 years ago

I am sure being Kdrama fans you guys are well aware of the cancel culture in K-ent and C-ent. Its more toxic in C-ent as far as I know.

What are your thoughts on the misuse of the same? 

Is an anonymous tweet enough to destroy careers? Without even giving time to the person to prove if the allegation is true or not?

I know the lead of 2521 has sued people who alleged that he was involved in school bullying. Apparently, the SM allegations were untrue.

In Kim SeonHo's case, the woman who made the allegations took them back saying there was some misunderstanding between them. But the damage is done. Everyone is wary of him now. He lost his golden time after Hometown Cha Cha Cha became a runaway hit.

Coming to the worse one:

227: All Xiao Zhan fans will be aware of this heartbreaking scandal. The poor guy didnt even do anything. Just because he didn't post a statement distancing himself from what his "fans" were doing, he was almost cancelled for a whole year. Can't imagine the mental agony he mustuve gone through. A beautiful show like The Untamed has suffered such a fate that everyone associated with it has distanced themselves from it.

I think the Korean and Chinese industries give too much power to the fans. U constantly see actors apologizing for the ruckus their fans are creating. For heaven's sake, why? Do they have any power over them? Will the law let them control them? NO! Then why such expectations.

The way I see Xiao Zhan getting mobbed, ppl shoving cameras right in his face, I wouldve lost my cool if I was in his place. He still smiles and bears with it, they all do. 

Fine, they are public figures, but that doesnt mean you can do anything. They are human. At least India me celebs give it back good when things go South. Apart from some who are rude for no reason, like Salman.

Edited by Daebak - 1 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

EXOL thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Love Couple India Season 2 0 Thumbnail + 7

yes,  they give too much power to fans ..and in the recent show "shooting stars" they show quite a bit of all the behind the scenes politics as how some articles are penned just to rile up fans and bring a popular actor down

I am ok with cancel culture if its big crime like in the case of Seungri and also Jisoo the actor...

but cancelling actors for trivial things is a stretch especially if they are dating ..or for some thing they said in the past when they were young..

As an EXO fan, I know how korean EXO fans turned away from Chen and fully cancelled him and threatened SM to make him leave the grp..they were boycotting in front of SM building..They Reason : he married his pregnant gf and an Idol is supposed to not marry or even date ðŸ¤ª

Xiao Zhan's case was the worst of all coz he was not even involved in any way..it was fan war which led to all the boycott he had to face...we cant imagine anything like that in India..also I believe in his case, media companies were also involved coz else it doesnt make sense at all...

Edited by EXOL - 1 years ago
Daebak thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: EXOL

Xiao Zhan's case was the worst of all coz he was not even involved in any way..it was fan war which led to all the boycott he had to face...we cant imagine anything like that in India..also I believe in his case, media companies were also involved coz else it doesnt make sense at all...

Now I am even doubtful if it was the fans who did it. And not people pretending to be fans.

Given the culture if I want to bring down an actor, my first ploy would be to pretend to be a fan and then do all this, which leads to the actor being blamed for it. 

Coz I know no one will blame the actor if antis do stuff. But if his fans do it then he has to take responsibility. 

Positive side:

Ofcourse, if it is proved that they were guilty of any crime or harmed someone then by all means punish them.

So a Salman Khan can never survive in Korea/China. Which is a great thing.

But look at SeonHo. His image is tarnished for good. Even though that female took back her allegations, people will still be doubtful. 

He had a press con yesterday after such a long time, he apologized and was in tears. I felt very bad. If that woman hadnt taken back her words I wouldve not felt so bad. But now it seems he is a victim.

Edited by Daebak - 1 years ago