PreRish OS: ||Zindagi Gulzar Hai||

desidillse thumbnail
Rainbow Reign Pride Participant 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 11 Thumbnail + 8
Posted: 2 years ago

455.jpg

Cover Credit to Sevenstreaks

Story idea credits to Serpensortia aka Shirisha

"Hey! Dr. Bajaj, welcome to Kolkata," Dr. Roy, the dean of the Sanjeevani hospital of Kolkata, welcomed Rishab. He was the new neurosurgeon at the hospital.

He smiled to show his dimples, "Thank you, Dr. Roy, my pleasure to save another life"

"Your thoughts are so pious, Dr. Bajaj," said Dr. Roy continuing himself, "Prerna and you are going to gel up pretty well"

"Prerna? Do you mean inspiration?", Frowned Rishab at which Dr. Roy giggled, "you're so jolly Dr. Rishab. Prerna is the name of your patient."

"Hahaha, I hope I will meet any inspiration meeting a new person," said Bajaj.

Dr. Roy sighed deeply, "Maybe!" and murmured, "She is one kind of girl, full of life and happiness with a feet ahead death, sad!"

"I am dying to meet my inspiration, haha," laughed Rishab.

-------

They reached the Oncology department and could not find Prerna. A little boy was trying to search for someone but wasn't successful with his search. Dr. Roy asked him about Prerna, but he denied seeing her anywhere.

Rishab was irked at what was happening when finally Dr. Roy bent down to caressed a bunch of silky hair.

Prerna bit her lower lip as again Dr. Roy succeeded in finding her as always. She sat on her knees when Dr. Roy, ordered, "Come out fast!"

Rishab was keenly observing what the hell was going on when a pretty girl skimmed out and Dr. Roy kissed her forehead, "How are you so lovely?"

"Zindagi itself a garden, Zindagi Gulzar Hai," winked she at which Rishab looked at Prerna and smiled, "Hello Ms. Sharma, I am going to be your doctor."

Prerna showed her dimples, "Hello Doc!"

"Doc?," asked Rishab confusingly.

She smiled again, "Doctor, we are friends na, so Doc!"

He smiled awkwardly and requested a private audience with Dr. Roy.

Rishab frowned, "Dr. Roy, it's good to see you modest with a patient, but do you think a patient can be a friend?"

"Yes, a patient can be. After all, Zindagi Gulzar Hai!" winking said Dr. Roy to Dr. Bajaj while leaving him.

Rishab re-entered the Oncology ward and, while examining Prerna's reports, he asked, "So! Since when are you unwell?"

She glared at him and pressed her dimples after a while, "I am perfectly fine, Doc!, Mujhe kya hua?"

"I guess she denying her sickness," thought Rishab.

He changed the question a little, "I mean, since when are you here in the hospital"

She yawned, "This isn't a boring place Doc! I am fine here with this chubby guddu," she held her soft toy to her chest, to which he chuckled.

She winked and flirt with him and he too gave back as he thought this might be a tantrum of hers before leaving.

-----

Rishab was passing the corridor when he collided with someone. He held them to support them and avoid a fall.

He kept staring at those two grey orbs when Prerna clasp her fingers on his face and tried to run away, but her bracelet got stuck in his cufflink.

She came closer to him, "I was playing hide and seek with another patient,"

"You are playing hide and seek here?," shocked Rishab.

She nodded affirmatively, but then he realized that she knew that she is a cancer patient, which boiled him in utter in anger.

"Do you think this is a joke? Will you stop denying your illness!" Rishab scolded her and held her shoulders tightly. She winced, so he left her. He walked away, irked, leaving her crying about her harsh reality.

-------

Rishab was ready for the surgery to remove a few blood clots. Anesthesia was given to Prerna. He and Dr. Roy started operating on her. Rishab wasn't able to do so as his last interaction with Prerna kept playing in his mind.

"Prerna! Prerna", Dr. Roy called her to come back after the surgery, but she didn't come back.

Rishab started re-calling the memories he shared with Prerna. The moment he came close while injecting her and so when her silky hair brushed his face when his cufflink tucked in her bracelet.

"You have to come back, Prerna. You are my friend, inspiration, and ... I love you. You have to come back," he cried out loud. When she came back, she took only one name, "Rishab!" which made him cry again. He embraced her tight.

Beta-ed by oye_nakhrewaali

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

coderlady thumbnail

Prerna is suffering from something and he is here to cure her.

coderlady thumbnail

She knows she is sick. She needs no reminder. She is living her life while she can.

coderlady thumbnail

She made it. But what is the long term prognosis?

Crazyksglover thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

Loved it thank u for this and lovedddd the cover too

desidillse thumbnail
Rainbow Reign Pride Participant 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 11 Thumbnail + 8

Originally posted by: Crazyksglover

Loved it thank u for this and lovedddd the cover too

Thank you so much for reading

Cover credits goes to Sevenstreaks aka sandhya

Edited by AWolfAndParrot - 2 years ago