The curious case of Maddam Malik

rinki_99 thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 2 years ago

I was going to say this in the EDT but then I realised that this needs a whole new topic on its own. It's going to be slightly all over the place but bare with me.

i am done with haseena malik.

Station house officer Haseena Malik was once a calm, collected, well-mannered and morally indisputable individual albeit self-righteous at that. but that was okay. because I could appreciate and relate to the respect she has for the uniform adorned. she stayed within its limits and tried to do things the way she deemed right. was it always the right call? oh hell no. but was it given some semblance of relatability/understandability? yes. there were numerous points where I was rolling my eye so hard I probably would have gotten an eye haemorrhage. but even in all those instances, there was something worth admiring, maybe not for me but for others. if I squint hard enough, I could have probably seen it too.

but ever since episode 493 where she supposedly died, this character has only nosedived harder and harder with no return in sight. this character who claims undying love for the MPT family, gave them indescribable pain, mind-numbing confusion and unforgettable trauma for more than three months because...yes because she can. she suspected them of betrayal. forget hypocrisy, let's talk about how she had the audacity to give useless justifications for her inexcusable actions but did not process the courage to come clean to them with the details of Urmila's entire stint. if this was done off-screen, then that's a major writing flaw.

why am I bringing this up? because of "humane hamara poora vajood chuk diya is thane ke liye."

you didn't do jackshit when you were MIA for the entire month. it was MPT who swallowed their grief so that you could get justice. you were the one who pretended to be Urmilla and make their lives harder. I would go and individually quote cases but that has all been discussed before. then when you had a memory loss, you blackmailed Pushpa ji. i don't remember an apology for that. you played with MPT's reputation. need I remind you that they nearly lost their jobs because you couldn't muster up the guts to tell them the truth? you don't remember. memory lost tha na. no problem. need I remind you that Karishma had night terrors because of you but still somehow tried her freaking level best to keep everything intact? you don't know. fair enough. you didn't witness them. need I remind you that my masumiyat accepted a false accusation so that you could get justice and lost her innocence to grief? it didn't matter. no problem. need I remind you that that didn't hold any of this against you when your memory came back?

there wouldn't be any MPT if it wasn't for your team. Do you know why? you would be dead because there wouldn't be a Karishma, Pushpa, Santosh, cheetah, billu to come and save your rear end every single time you decide to stupidly put yourself in harm's way. I've lost count of the number of times, Karishma has taken a billet because you don't know how to wait for backup/inform people about your plan.

they have made just the same if not more sacrifices for the station. you have not earned this sense of entitlement. MPT means just as much to them as it does to maddam malik. they don't show it. accepted. but it's understood and the sense of responsibility they possess towards the station alone renders her statement insensitive and reeks of a superiority complex.

coming to the actual sequence at the end of 2nd July's episode. a literal WTF moment.

in ganju DSP's office, she was praising Karishma and acknowledging her growth (about damn time). I was so relieved and happy that Karishma's character growth finally came full circle with the main character acknowledging it along with other characters.

cut to next scene and I am like bhen, kyuuuuuuuuuuuuu? hamari khushi dekhi nahi jatti kya?

she did the same exact thing in that pregnancy case- not letting Karishma explain herself (not that I think she should have to in the first place). hell, she even silenced Pushpa Ji. speaking of which, thank god santu and her weren't silent spectators to this exchange and bothered to give their Input. back to haseena, it was very clearly the frustration of needing to answer her higher-ups that got to her. I wouldn't have let it slide had it not been for her crude diction. she claims that she is pissed because Karishma didn't inform her about the meetings with DSP ganju. what nonsense? she isn't obliged to inform you about this? as someone on the EDT pointed out, Karishma isn't a spy. but fine, maddam malik is pissed. that still isn't a valid excuse for called her a backstabber.

dhoka who nahi hai jo Karishma ne diya hai, dhoka who hai jo ap abh tak karti ayi hain (she hasn't come clean about all she did during her urmilla stint and thus is still deciding them through omission of truth).

I would have accepted anee's explanation of the entire sequence if the conversation between Pushpa Ji and haseena after didn't happen.

okay I am done for now. I am sorry if I m spewed nothing but rubbish.

not proofread.

Edited by rinki_99 - 2 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Minionite thumbnail

I'm with you. I was saving this show for future watches, but honestly I'm done with the show and the way the characters are being butchered. Haseena Malik is the worst one. The CVs have forgotten the character they wrote since the Urmila track. Even Urmila wasn't like this.

CID-fan-394 thumbnail

I hate this JPT part 3 track , more than that I hate the person HM has become ( ep 546 precap of yesterday clearly shows that this is not the old HM) that was the last straw , I'm done with this show....

Anee2 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: rinki_99

I was going to say this in the EDT but then I realised that this needs a whole new topic on its own. It's going to be slightly all over the place but bare with me.

i am done with haseena malik.

Station house officer Haseena Malik was once a calm, collected, well-mannered and morally indisputable individual albeit self-righteous at that. but that was okay. because I could appreciate and relate to the respect she has for the uniform adorned. she stayed within its limits and tried to do things the way she deemed right. was it always the right call? oh hell no. but was it given some semblance of relatability/understandability? yes. there were numerous points where I was rolling my eye so hard I probably would have gotten an eye haemorrhage. but even in all those instances, there was something worth admiring, maybe not for me but for others. if I squint hard enough, I could have probably seen it too.

but ever since episode 493 where she supposedly died, this character has only nosedived harder and harder with no return in sight. this character who claims undying love for the MPT family, gave them indescribable pain, mind-numbing confusion and unforgettable trauma for more than three months because...yes because she can. she suspected them of betrayal. forget hypocrisy, let's talk about how she had the audacity to give useless justifications for her inexcusable actions but did not process the courage to come clean to them with the details of Urmila's entire stint. if this was done off-screen, then that's a major writing flaw.

why am I bringing this up? because of "humane hamara poora vajood chuk diya is thane ke liye."

you didn't do jackshit when you were MIA for the entire month. it was MPT who swallowed their grief so that you could get justice. you were the one who pretended to be Urmilla and make their lives harder. I would go and individually quote cases but that has all been discussed before. then when you had a memory loss, you blackmailed Pushpa ji. i don't remember an apology for that. you played with MPT's reputation. need I remind you that they nearly lost their jobs because you couldn't muster up the guts to tell them the truth? you don't remember. memory lost tha na. no problem. need I remind you that Karishma had night terrors because of you but still somehow tried her freaking level best to keep everything intact? you don't know. fair enough. you didn't witness them. need I remind you that my masumiyat accepted a false accusation so that you could get justice and lost her innocence to grief? it didn't matter. no problem. need I remind you that that didn't hold any of this against you when your memory came back?

there wouldn't be any MPT if it wasn't for your team. Do you know why? you would be dead because there wouldn't be a Karishma, Pushpa, Santosh, cheetah, billu to come and save your rear end every single time you decide to stupidly put yourself in harm's way. I've lost count of the number of times, Karishma has taken a billet because you don't know how to wait for backup/inform people about your plan.

they have made just the same if not more sacrifices for the station. you have not earned this sense of entitlement. MPT means just as much to them as it does to maddam malik. they don't show it. accepted. but it's understood and the sense of responsibility they possess towards the station alone renders her statement insensitive and reeks of a superiority complex.

coming to the actual sequence at the end of 2nd July's episode. a literal WTF moment.

in ganju DSP's office, she was praising Karishma and acknowledging her growth (about damn time). I was so relieved and happy that Karishma's character growth finally came full circle with the main character acknowledging it along with other characters.

cut to next scene and I am like bhen, kyuuuuuuuuuuuuu? hamari khushi dekhi nahi jatti kya?

she did the same exact thing in that pregnancy case- not letting Karishma explain herself (not that I think she should have to in the first place). hell, she even silenced Pushpa Ji. speaking of which, thank god santu and her weren't silent spectators to this exchange and bothered to give their Input. back to haseena, it was very clearly the frustration of needing to answer her higher-ups that got to her. I wouldn't have let it slide had it not been for her crude diction. she claims that she is pissed because Karishma didn't inform her about the meetings with DSP ganju. what nonsense? she isn't obliged to inform you about this? as someone on the EDT pointed out, Karishma isn't a spy. but fine, maddam malik is pissed. that still isn't a valid excuse for called her a backstabber.

dhoka who nahi hai jo Karishma ne diya hai, dhoka who hai jo ap abh tak karti ayi hain (she hasn't come clean about all she did during her urmilla stint and thus is still deciding them through omission of truth).

I would have accepted anee's explanation of the entire sequence if the conversation between Pushpa Ji and haseena after didn't happen.

okay I am done for now. I am sorry if I m spewed nothing but rubbish.

not proofread.

@red- ok so it wasn't just me triggered deeply by that line. It reeked of so much arrogance and ungratefulness. Thanks for ranting about why it was wrong on so many levels, I personally felt lighter just reading it.

@green- Ditto! Im still awaiting the Urmila stint full fledged reveal some day. If "dhokebaaz" hurt KS so much, how would she react to "murderer"? This is the 2nd time HM has betrayed her whole team by suspecting them on her senior's orders. Not to mention all the times she has left them clueless about her plans.

@blue - just curious, which explanation haha? I still haven't understood anything myself, especially what the fight is all about from Haseena's side. My only explanation for the show nose diving is that writers have officially lost their marbles.

rinki_99 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Anee2

I think just her getting upset about the whole backstabber thing is a clear indicator of trust issues. If she trusted her team she wouldn't have been bothered at all about DSP ganju's theories. He didn't know how drugs were compromised so he theorized a backstabber, but HM knew the real reason. They just asked her to investigate and she might have to fake it or something, but she's obviously found her way around situations worse than this, then why so frustrated? In the end of JPT track she completely lost MPT plus faced KS' fake allegations, yet didn't utter a word of anger or disrespect. Ok, she's human and ppl have bad days, its not abnormal or unnatural to lash out when frustrated - BUT if she knows it was in spur of the moment, when will she take initiative to apologize? In fact, according to precap she says she has no reason to apologize.

agreed, she can have a bad day, we all have those. then again, where is the apology? in fact, if she was frustrated with the constant need to answer her senior/being asked to reopen the investigation, her target should have been Pushpa Ji because the latter was the whole reason the drugs got stolen in the first place. but Karishma ended up being the easy target because of the viral video which didn't even encapsulate the whole scene/all the facts.

maybe she was so upset about Karishma not informing her about the meetings because she thought that could mean losing a team member. maybe it's her insecurities that are getting the better of her and making her act like an immature brat with a false sense of entitlement. this could be a way of calling out for help and reassurance that MPT and the family she made aren't going lose. but in doing so, she is hurting the people around her and pushing them away.

if she doesn't trust her team enough to know that they ain't going to leave just because it's a tough time period/they are loyal then id rather she says it to their face once. let them hurt this once rather than again and again with her questionable behaviour. we don't need to see this thali ka beghan behaviour from a character who right till a 100 episodes ago was so clear with herself and her priorities.

Ohhh that, I guess I didn't intend it to come off as an explanation oops lol (I believe ever since urmila track the show has reached the point of no explanation). The episode just left me sad because of all that was wrongly done or wrongly faced by so many people, and I headcanoned it into a theme to better understand the characters. HM's discussion with Pushpaji had enough loopholes and irrationalities that I'm about to pretend it never happened smiley29smiley36

๐Ÿ˜†I suppose that is fair.

Word Count: 1

Bodhianveshika thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 5

I was so looking to write on this, thank you ALL.

Just what I concur with๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ.

There is an old Hindi saying "Bargad ke paed ke neeche koi paudha nahin badhta". Haseena Mallik is turning into that.

This whole Amar Vidrohi track has me confused. What do they want to show. It is so flawed. How is it even an equal competition? Amar Vidrohi doesn't have a tech expert, no SI and no workforce and he is fighting a full force. How about a Fair competition, Ms.Mallik? Finally she agreed, she will go to any extent to win her Thana.

SHO Haseena believes and almost reveres Jazbaat as being the most valuable, However she has used the same Jazbaat to hold her team at ransom, played with their emotions on each case.

She let Pushpa's emotions be exploited: 1.) Her remarriage track and 2.) Re-incarnation of Pyaare Singh.

So much for Jazbaat.

Still, I can bet if Haseena and Karishma were in trouble, Pushpa would save Haseena. Ofcourse because Karishma is capable of saving not just herself but the Thana single-handedly, something that Haseena cannot.

Am glad that Amar mentioned that only the team that has Karishma would eventually win.

Bodhianveshika thumbnail

Have you seen plants grow under a Banyan Tree?

They can't, because they don't get water or sunlight.

Although it is highly regarded and has multiple other benefits, it is standalone.

Edited by Bodhianveshika - 2 years ago
rinki_99 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Bodhianveshika

Have you seen plants grow under a Banyan Tree?

They can't, because they don't get water or sunlight.

Although it is highly regarded and has multiple other benefits, it is standalone.

ouhhhhhh, thanks for explaining that!

Palak2812 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Bodhianveshika

I was so looking to write on this, thank you ALL.

Just what I concur with๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ.

There is an old Hindi saying "Bargad ke paed ke neeche koi paudha nahin badhta". Haseena Mallik is turning into that.

This whole Amar Vidrohi track has me confused. What do they want to show. It is so flawed. How is it even an equal competition? Amar Vidrohi doesn't have a tech expert, no SI and no workforce and he is fighting a full force. How about a Fair competition, Ms.Mallik? Finally she agreed, she will go to any extent to win her Thana.

SHO Haseena believes and almost reveres Jazbaat as being the most valuable, However she has used the same Jazbaat to hold her team at ransom, played with their emotions on each case.

She let Pushpa's emotions be exploited: 1.) Her remarriage track and 2.) Re-incarnation of Pyaare Singh.

So much for Jazbaat.

Still, I can bet if Haseena and Karishma were in trouble, Pushpa would save Haseena. Ofcourse because Karishma is capable of saving not just herself but the Thana single-handedly, something that Haseena cannot.

Am glad that Amar mentioned that only the team that has Karishma would eventually win.

@Bold: He said this?

Can you plz tell me the episode no?

Bodhianveshika thumbnail

Originally posted by: Palak2812

@Bold: He said this?

Can you plz tell me the episode no?

Episode 516 or 517 I think.