Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

1123225 thumbnail
Posted: 2 years ago

Originally posted by: NathuPyare

Scientific studies arrive at conflicting results all the time. One time they will say coffee is good other time they'll say coffee is bad.

Do scientific studies always take priority over personal experience? Should i start taking coffee when scientific studies say its beneficial and stop when they say its harmful and keep on alternating as when results of scientific studies change. Where does personal experience fit in?

P.s I'm from healthcare too

Then you should know that medical advice is usually evidence based. And yes, it can change. What we have right now suggests it's not any more harmful.

Edited to add: the studies I reviewed so far, while not extensive or exhaustive, suggest cannabis less harmful to heart and lung than nicotine. I'm still going by *as bad as* for now because pulmonologists and cardiologists seem leery of committing to less harmful.

Personal experience is for the person to decide on. My personal experience does not give me moral high ground to dictate to someone else what they should do.

Edited by HearMeRoar - 2 years ago
1013440 thumbnail

Originally posted by: HearMeRoar

Then you should know that medical advice are usually evidence based. And yes, it can change. What we have right now suggests it's not any more harmful.

Personal experience is for the person to decide on. My personal experience does not give me moral high ground to dictate to someone else what they should do.

And there's evidence that consuming marijuana makes a person more prone to accidents,violence or unintended acts than smoking or chewing tobacco. Consuming tobacco doesn't make a person oblivious to his surroundings (at least not for the duration) like consuming marijuana which can be very dangerous to that person as well as the people around that person. It's not just about health effects but social effects too in consideration.

Edited by NathuPyare - 2 years ago
Manavi_kesari thumbnail
IPL 2024 Participants 3 Thumbnail IPL 2023 Participants 3 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: Kyahikahoon

Users source from somewhere..so they r the means to reach the source.

Also..no consumers, no sellers

Well said . Laws must be strict n measures also must be taken from govt n as society also we must discourage it for healthy better society . Healthy bodies n minds creates good society .

return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: -PD-

Have you ever taken Marjiuana... One of my friend told his experience and swear on his kids to never try it again.

He said he took very little but he donot know what was happening to him or around him for 2 hours and he donot even remember if he was dead or alive. When he came out of it, he literally shivered with the experience thinking about his family as he is only bread earner of his family and has two small kids. That's what Marjiuana can do to one person.

It is not an health issue but life ruin issue if not careful.

Edit: ofcourse i heard similar stories and some more people but not all are pleasant.

I consume marijuana. Most of what I have is purchased from Denver, Colorado. I know many people who consume marijuana. No one I know has experienced any trauma or health issues from it. Dude, I know doctors who smoke weed.

One of the challenges with prohibition is that the illegal market is unregulated. When you purchase weed where it is legal, the packaging has good instructions. Edibles come in 10 mg doses and tell first-time users to start slowly. Loose leaf and vapes tell you how potent the contents are so you know how much to smoke.

When you buy weed illegally so much depends on finding a reputable and safe dealer. Many people harvest ditch weeds that can vary wildly in potency. Unregulated crops also may use unsafe pesticides that are not cleaned off properly. So people can get wildly different reactions.

And what is very little? It is highly unlikely that a puff or few of even highly potent weed will cause that reaction. But a hit from a gravity bong or a dab can be too much for a beginner. A lot of edibles too can be potent when they hit.

What your friend describes is the shakes which is a harmless but definitely terrifying side effect. It usually comes from too high of a dose or mixing it with other factors like prescription medication, alcohol, other stimulants etc. I have gotten the shakes once and it was when I paired shots with a highly potent gummy. Since the gummy was not legal I didn't know how potent it was. People wary of these symptoms should definitely avoid weed. The good news is that the shakes for how scary they are don't cause any health damage or lead to death. You just safely sleep it off.

If you're buying from a legal store you can ask all kinds of questions as a beginner. If you have a reputable dealer, they can usually also talk about potency and recommended dosing. If you are in the USA just talk to your doctor about reactions to prescription medication. HIPAA prevents them from disclosing your drug use. This is why weed should be legalized. So that all kinds of side effects can be studied and consumers can be educated about.

1123225 thumbnail

And there's evidence that consuming marijuana makes a person more prone to accidents,violence or unintended acts than smoking or chewing tobacco. Consuming tobacco doesn't make a person oblivious to his surroundings (at least not for the duration) like consuming marijuana which can be very dangerous to that person as well as the people around that person. It's not just about health effects but social effects too in consideration.

The same for alcohol. Why isn't alcohol illegal then?

1013440 thumbnail

The same for alcohol. Why isn't alcohol illegal then?

It IS illegal in some states in India. I don't mind if more states follow.

Maroonporsche thumbnail

Now this looks like a druggie 😆

1123225 thumbnail

It IS illegal in some states in India. I don't mind if more states follow.

In the same vein, why not criminalize premarital sex? Or clubs? Or even just genders mixing?

Or steroids? They're medicinal but cause rage.

Edited to add: which states have made alcohol illegal and what's the underground consumption? Because that's all you're going to achieve by making it illegal.

Edited by HearMeRoar - 2 years ago
Manavi_kesari thumbnail
IPL 2024 Participants 3 Thumbnail IPL 2023 Participants 3 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: PranPriye

"A common misconception surrounding drug addiction is that it solely affects the life of the user. However, the idea that they aren’t hurting anyone except for themselves is an excuse that many individuals who abuse drugs use in order to justify their addiction. Drug addiction is not a one-person phenomenon, and it creates a domino effect on the lives of those around them. It is a social problem that normalizes drug use and affects individuals and their families."

"Drug abuse is the catalyst for many major social problems, including drugged driving, violence, stress, and child abuse, and it can further lead to homelessness, crime, and joblessness."

Got this info on the internet. I have heard it is pretty easy to get addicted to drugs if you start using it. There is no shame in seeking out professional help for any physical or mental assistance. Please say no to drugs.

drugs addicts minors doing gang rape , pubs everywhere n drugs n increasing crime , measures must be taken .

1013440 thumbnail

In the same vein, why not criminalize premarital sex? Or clubs? Or even just genders mixing?

Or steroids? They're medicinal but cause rage.

Do these things u mentioned cause harm to persons involved or individuals around them like marijuana or drugs do? Well doing sex in public could be criminalized and i won't mind.

Every drug has some side effect or adverse effects. Steroids are prescription drugs. If marijuana is prescribed for medical conditions in non harmful doses it shouldn't be illegal.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alcohol_prohibition_in_India#:~:text=Alcohol%20prohibition%20in%20India%20is,permit%20the%20sale%20of%20alcohol.

Edited by NathuPyare - 2 years ago