RaYa OS - No more secrets

DazzlingLight thumbnail
Love Couple India Season 2 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 9
Posted: 1 years ago

This OS is my version of Ram & Priya's argument in the bakery after the kidnapping attempt on her is revealed. While I liked Priya's emotionally charged, in the moment, no frills confession, once again we were denied what could have been an honest and open conversation between them.

*************************************************************************************

"The idea of soulmates has people thinking that once they find "the one", everything is smooth sailing from there.
No. You still have to communicate, face past demons, set boundaries together, build and sustain trust, and weather the storms that come to tear you two apart".

- Source unknown

Ram and Priya were both restless. She was in Sood house while he was in Kapoor Mansion, their minds tied up in a million knots after all that had transpired over the last 24 hours. They were both up early, having spent a restless night without the warmth and comfort of each other's presence.         

Why isn't she calling me? Not even a message! She made a mistake, and instead of apologizing or trying to make it up to me, she's happy being at her mother's place. She didn't once stop to think about me. How utterly lonely I would be without her? I just confessed my love, and she couldn't even fight back to be with me, he fumed internally. Fine! I'm not going to call her, she can return when she wants to!

Why isn't Mr. Kapoor calling me? She thought, pacing up and down the living room. I know he's upset, he's angry, but he could have at least sent me a message. He knows I've not recovered fully, yet he sent me off alone and didn't even bother to check on me once! Is this your love, Mr. Kapoor? She grumbled. Fine! I'm not going to call you. Since you were the one who sent me away, I will return only when you call me back!     

But despite their anger, neither could really stay away from the other. Ram dialed Priya's number, and she dialed his simultaneously. As luck would have it, neither call got connected.

Mr. Kapoor must be busy as usual talking to someone else, but he didn't have a moment to call me. Let it be Priya, Mr. Kapoor is a busy man, don't disturb him, if he wants to talk to you, he will call you, she continued mumbling.

Priya has not called me even once since last night, but she has all the time in the world to talk to others, or Krish maybe, huffed Ram. Let it be Ram, she will call you herself whenever she finds time, calling you wouldn't have been on madam's to-do list for the day!

They spent the next hour stewing in their own thoughts, waiting for the other to make the first move. However, Ram could wait no more. Annoyed as he was, he still needed to see her, to talk to her and demand an explanation. He got into his car and left for Sood House.           

Back in Sood House, Priya was leaving for the bakery. Sara needed to make an urgent trip to the bank, so she had asked Priya to get the bakery ready before its opening time. Just as Priya got into the auto and left, Ram's car pulled in. He ran up the stairs two at a time, only to be told by Sara that he had missed Priya by mere minutes. Not one to give up, he immediately left for the bakery.

"Priya," he called out tentatively as he turned the doorknob and pushed open the door of the bakery. She was behind the counter arranging cupcakes in the display case, when she heard her name in his familiar voice and looked up. There he was, looking visibly upset and angry.       

"Mr. Kapoor, what are you doing here so early?" she demanded.

"What do you mean? I came here to meet my wife and talk to her since she can't be bothered to call me," he stated very matter-of-factly.

"Really? Meet your wife huh. What about when you sent her away alone knowing fully well she was sick and didn't so much as bother to check on her."                                                                                      
"I was angry, and it was you who was the cause of that anger. Why are you blaming me for reacting? Your actions are what caused it. Did you conveniently forget that?" he retorted, clearly infuriated. 

"Of course! So all you could see was what I did, you did not stop to think even for a moment why I did what I did?" she replied indignantly.

"All I know is you hid something from me, and it's not your first time, either. And to top it, you were perfectly comfortable sharing it with Krish, your crush. And he shows up like a knight in shining armor every time to rescue you, while I'm left in the dark. Are you surprised that I am angry?" the anger mixed with a tinge of jealousy clearly evident in his tone. 

"Mr. Kapoor, I shared it with Krish because he is the investigator. I thought it may help him find a clue that could help bring us closer to the culprits. That's all. I thought if I told you about the kidnapping, you would not pursue the case. I didn't want to be the reason because of which you don't nab the people who caused your father's accident," she argued.

"Really? That's it? Is it really that simple to you? Do you even realize what I've gone through since I came to know about your kidnapping, wondering what could have happened that day? Had something happened to you that day, what would have been my state of mind? I confessed my love to you. I told you that should anything happen to you, I will not survive. Did you think I was joking? Did my words mean nothing to you?" he asked, on the verge of a breakdown. "And to top it, Krish of all people!" he yelled. 

"Mr. Kapoor, please calm down, your BP will shoot up," she said gently holding his arm trying to pacify him. He pushed her hand away and fell back on the chair, completely drained. She got a glass of water and kept it in front of him. "Please drink this, for my sake," she beseeched. He took a sip and looked at her pale face, and it dawned on him that she was still unwell. He didn't even know if she had taken her medicines since last night. So much had happened in one evening! He took her hand and pulled a chair and made her sit facing him.

"Priya," he said, holding her hands in his, "I will not lie. I'm angry, I'm hurt, and I'm upset with you," he continued, his voice steady and eyes piercing through hers. "I am your husband, I had the right to know. So much has transpired! You got kidnapped, you were threatened, you got hurt, and not once did it cross your mind that I deserved to know all this? When I came to know the truth about your father, I supported you, even though you hadn't shared the truth with me. And that's because I understood what you were going through, I understood your inner turmoil. On that day, I promised you that we will start our journey afresh, just you and me. It would be our story", he continued, his voice heavy with emotion. "I thought I had earned your trust, I thought we were finally in a place where we trusted each other, where we saw each other as true life partners, from where our relationship could blossom. Today I feel like I have failed to earn your trust, that I am not good enough for you, not good enough for you to confide in or share your worries, your secrets with - just not good enough. I have failed miserably," he sobbed with his face buried in his hands. 

Her heart broke into a million pieces seeing him in pain. I only wished for your happiness, and today I'm the reason you are in this state, she thought miserably. "I'm sorry, Mr. Kapoor, I really am. I wanted to tell you, but each time I tried, I failed. Every time you spoke about your dad, I could see the love in your eyes for him, the pain of his loss, the questions and the need for answers writ large on your face. How then could I bring myself to tell you? Would you have been able to continue with the investigation knowing what had happened?" she questioned him. "I know I don't say this enough, but I thought you knew how much I care about you. You're the best thing that's happened to me. I learned to smile, to laugh, to be free, and it's all because of you. You healed me, Mr. Kapoor," she stressed, "and whatever I did was to only protect you from more hurt. I am really sorry, can you please forgive me this time? As for Krish, he is nothing but an acquaintance from the past and the only reason I am in touch with him, is to be a part of your search. I have no feelings for him, and I need to you know that. You are the only one that matters to me, Mr. Kapoor," she said cupping his face in her hands.

Ram was listening to her every word very keenly. "Will you promise me something? Promise me that there will be no more secrets between us anymore. Promise me that you will tell me everything, even if you know it will hurt me. Please, Priya," he said, stretching his palm face up towards her. She hesitated. "Really? So if something like this happens again, you will choose to hide it yet again?" he asked, this time furious. "I won't make a promise I may not be able to keep in the future, Mr. Kapoor," she said stoically. "Wow, so you want me to live the rest of my life in perpetual fear? Not knowing what is happening to you, cursing myself and feeling miserable like I am now?" he shouted. "No! But why can't you understand that I can't ever let anything happen to you. I would rather die that seeing anything happen to you," she screamed back, her eyes filled with angry tears. "I have nightmares thinking about what new plots Sir would be hatching to harm you, and then this kidnapping happened. How can I make you understand, Mr. Kapoor, that I did what I did because I..," she whispered starting to falter. 

Ram ran his hand through the back of his head, deep in thought. He sighed. "I do understand your intent Priya", he said softly, "but we cannot fulfill our promises to each other this way. Just put yourself in my shoes and imagine, had I kept such a big thing from you, how would you have felt. I know I am emotional, and you may think I make decisions emotionally and not practically, and you're not entirely wrong either. So let's make a deal. Whenever you tell me something, I promise not to go through with the first course of action that crosses my mind. I assure you I will think about it calmly before doing anything. I may, of course, need time to process the information, and you need to give me that time. Likewise, I will listen to what you have to say, and we will decide what to do. Together. Now, will you promise never to keep anything from me?" he asked, the smile returning to his lips. "I promise Mr. Kapoor," she smiled, taking his hands in hers, "no more secrets."

"Except for surprises," he chirped. "Those, we are allowed to keep." "Mr. Kapoor, will you please close your eyes?" she said softly and moved forward and took his hands in hers. He nodded, and she gently coaxed his eyelids shut with her hand. "Keep your eyes closed, it's a surprise," she whispered softly, while looking for something on her phone. She set her phone down, having found what she wanted. Ram was waiting in anticipation, butterflies in his stomach, when he heard something...(Bryan Adams - Everything I do)

Look into my eyes
You will see
What you mean to me
Search your heart
Search your soul
And when you find me there
You'll search no more 

Don't tell me it's not worth tryin' for
You can't tell me it's not worth dyin' for
You know it's true
Everything I do
I do it for you 

Ram stirred, and his ocean blue eyes met the infinite depths of her brown eyes, and he saw every word and every emotion of the song playing in the background reflected in them. Priya toh Priya hai, he thought, pleasantly surprised and enjoying his wife's attempt at trying to pacify him with a song. 

Look into your heart
You will find
There's nothin' there to hide
Take me as I am
Take my life
I would give it all
I would sacrifice 

Don't tell me it's not worth fightin' for
I can't help it, there's nothin' I want more
You know it's true
Everything I do
I do it for you 

Their eyes misted, feeling each word being sung. They moved towards each other and slowly slid into each other's arms, holding each other in a tight embrace. 

There's no love
Like your love
And no other
Could give more love
There's nowhere
Unless you're there
All the time
All the way, yeah
Look into your heart, baby 

They were swaying in perfect rhythm with the music, when a twinkle appeared in Ram's eyes. He took her right hand and in one swift movement, placed in on his shoulder and held her waist with his left hand and pulled her close. He took her left hand in his right, and they continued swinging to the music. "Is this your way of telling me that you love me, Priya?" he whispered softly in her ears. Huhn." She felt the heat rising in her face, yet couldn't tear her eyes away from the man who melted her heart and just kept gazing at him. 

Oh, you can't tell me it's not worth tryin' for
I can't help it, there's nothin' I want more
Yeah, I would fight for you
I'd lie for you
Walk the wire for you
Yeah, I'd die for you 

You know it's true
Everything I do
Oh
I do it for you

Everything I do, darling
And we'll see it through
Oh, we'll see it through
Oh yeah

Yeah
Search your heart
Search your soul
You can't tell me it ain't worth dying for
Oh yeah
I'll be there, yeah
I'd walk the wire for you
I will die for you
Oh yeah
I would die for you
I'm going all the way, all they way, yeah 

"Mr. Kapoor, the song is over," she said, slowly trying to break free from his grip. "Toh kya? Aisa koi rule hai, that I absolutely have to leave my wife if the song is over," he teased her. "Waise, one last thing," he continued, with both hands now circled around her waist, still refusing to let her go. "You really don't have anything else to tell me? Maybe confess something?" he grinned. "I thought you were setting the mood with the song." "No, bilkul nahin," she covered up hastily." "No is still your favorite word, hai naa," he chuckled. "Then let me tell you something Mrs. Kapoor," he said softly, his voice dropping several octaves. "When you do decide to tell me what you feel, remember, I want the works. I want you to sweep the ground beneath my feet. Nothing less will do Mrs. Priya Ram Kapoor," he finished with a triumphant look. All Priya could do was hope he didn't hear her pounding heart, notice her flushed face, or catch the smile threatening to overtake her lips as she felt herself melting into a puddle. 

Edited by DazzlingLight - 1 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Armansara thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail + 2

I could see Ram and Priya in your story…

Beautifully written ❤️

SummerBorn thumbnail
Love Couple India Season 2 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7

Woke upto this, this morning... and must i say you have this girl smiling ear to ear with your BEAUTIFUL work of fiction, lady love! You really made the first day of my birth-month special for me with this sweet sweet fictional one scene.🧿💕 

Oh to have them hold each other so close and romance whilst reveling in each other's soothing presence really has some special power to even make is FEEL THE LOVE.💕💕💕

Edited by SummerBorn - 1 years ago
SONIA441 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

Sometimes, I think all I can do is Thank You folks😳

These scenes that we were robbed off written so brilliantly that you can see it play infront of your eyes. One can see a certain Mr. & Mrs. Kapoor swaying to the beats of this track in their covenant - the Bakery

The utter clarity of them voicing out the reasons of their fight & making up in their own way😭

Thanks for writing this piece👏

DazzlingLight thumbnail

Originally posted by: Armansara

I could see Ram and Priya in your story…

Beautifully written ❤️

Thank you! I'm so happy you liked it and you can see Ram and Pri. I try to stick to their core characters whenever I write, you saying this means so muchsmiley27

Edited by DazzlingLight - 1 years ago
Anonymmus thumbnail
Anniversary 2 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Ahhh... I am late to this.... But what a way to end my day. Absolutely lovely, I can now sleep with a smile. So beautiful, I think Ram is right, Priya should do serenade him😆

I do it for you... Bryan Adams❤️

SEA05 thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 6

To say about love with a song, it is so beautiful and suits Priya. Thanks for the wonderful moments

Hero_Coconut thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

I was going to say that I'm very upset with you as you didn't tell us about this new story of yours. I'm trying to cut down IF so I've been checking once or twice a day. 

I couldn't stay mad at you for very long as you've completed a scene that we wished for and this was so truthful to their characters that I could imagine them saying and emoting the scene perfectly. 

The song added to the romance that lacked in the show. Such dreamy moments. I'll have to listen to this song as by the lyrics, I couldn't recognise it. 

This was tres bonne ma cheri 👏

DazzlingLight thumbnail

Originally posted by: SummerBorn

Woke upto this, this morning... and must i say you have this girl smiling ear to ear with your BEAUTIFUL work of fiction, lady love! You really made the first day of my birth-month special for me with this sweet sweet fictional one scene.🧿💕 

Oh to have them hold each other so close and romance whilst reveling in each other's soothing presence really has some special power to even make is FEEL THE LOVE.💕💕💕

Thank you! You're too sweet!❤️ And tumhare writing ke samne toh this is very tucch 😆

I hope you enjoy a lovely birthday month and do well in your exams!

DazzlingLight thumbnail

Originally posted by: SONIA441

Sometimes, I think all I can do is Thank You folks😳

These scenes that we were robbed off written so brilliantly that you can see it play infront of your eyes. One can see a certain Mr. & Mrs. Kapoor swaying to the beats of this track in their covenant - the Bakery

The utter clarity of them voicing out the reasons of their fight & making up in their own way😭

Thanks for writing this piece👏

Thank you for all the love! ❤️ The makers have left us with no choice but to find a way to finish/create scenes out of our imagination 😆

Mujhe Pri ka confession accha laga, but then they just brushed the whole issue of her hiding info once again