Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

PV_IFhandle thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 1 months ago

Also... A little shocked and I hope I am wrong... I have to find time to watch closely on a big screen to prove myself wrong on this.

It appears that she has a kalava (sacred thread) on her left wrist. Males of all ages and females who are unmarried are supposed to have this thread on their right wrist, not left.

She is far too young in my opinion.

mickymouse21 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3

Just got to know about ss3 winner in social media. Joint winners really?

Why this couldn't happen during Indian idol 12 where the runner up was no less than the winner

mickymouse21 thumbnail

Originally posted by: PV_IFhandle

Also... A little shocked and I hope I am wrong... I have to find time to watch closely on a big screen to prove myself wrong on this.

It appears that she has a kalava (sacred thread) on her left wrist. Males of all ages and females who are unmarried are supposed to have this thread on their right wrist, not left.

She is far too young in my opinion.

I don't understand many other things too. Now days she is always wearing rudraksha necklace. No matter what dress she is wearing it's always there. I don't think this comes from her family.

PV_IFhandle thumbnail

Originally posted by: mickymouse21

Just got to know about ss3 winner in social media. Joint winners really?

Why this couldn't happen during Indian idol 12 where the runner up was no less than the winner

Yes true. In fact there was a lot of speculation at the time that they would announce joint winners.

PV_IFhandle thumbnail

Originally posted by: mickymouse21

I don't understand many other things too. Now days she is always wearing rudraksha necklace. No matter what dress she is wearing it's always there. I don't think this comes from her family.

Well, a Rudraksh mala is something people wear for religious reasons, and in fact she has started wearing this some time last year after the time period where we suspect she had some illness. So it is possible and understandable that she may have started wearing it after visiting a temple praying for quick recovery or maybe on the advice of an astrologer or something like that.

But this is different. When the pujari ties a Kalava they ask the girl / lady about marital status and accordingly tie on left wrist (married) or right (unmarried).

Take a look at the concert video available on the fan YT channel, slow down the speed to 0.25 and look at 06:23 to 06:28, and then again at 06:36 to 06:40. On a large screen, it does look like a thread with knots, not a hair band that girls often put on their wrist.

Possibly in some temple there is a blanket rule that for women left wrist will be used. Of course, I don't know enough about all temples and all rituals to be able to be sure one way or the other. (Edit: I should add that this clearly looks like a freshly tied thread, so there is a possibility of some such temple / pooja being there during this visit to Bhopal for the concert)

The other possibility is that she is already married in a small private ritual that we don't know of.

As I said before, if she finds happiness in that path of life, I am happy for her. But would I advise somebody to marry so early? I don't think so.

She is only slightly older than my daughter - and so in my eyes she is just a little girl even now.

Edited by PV_IFhandle - 1 months ago
mickymouse21 thumbnail

Originally posted by: PV_IFhandle

Well, a Rudraksh mala is something people wear for religious reasons, and in fact she has started wearing this some time last year after the time period where we suspect she had some illness. So it is possible and understandable that she may have started wearing it after visiting a temple praying for quick recovery or maybe on the advice of an astrologer or something like that.

But this is different. When the pujari ties a Kalava they ask the girl / lady about marital status and accordingly tie on left wrist (married) or right (unmarried).

Take a look at the concert video available on the fan YT channel, slow down the speed to 0.25 and look at 06:23 to 06:28, and then again at 06:36 to 06:40. On a large screen, it does look like a thread with knots, not a hair band that girls often put on their wrist.

Possibly in some temple there is a blanket rule that for women left wrist will be used. Of course, I don't know enough about all temples and all rituals to be able to be sure one way or the other. (Edit: I should add that this clearly looks like a freshly tied thread, so there is a possibility of some such temple / pooja being there during this visit to Bhopal for the concert)

The other possibility is that she is already married in a small private ritual that we don't know of.

As I said before, if she finds happiness in that path of life, I am happy for her. But would I advise somebody to marry so early? I don't think so.

She is only slightly older than my daughter - and so in my eyes she is just a little girl even now.

Why would she do that

She is so young for marriage. Yet to see the world..... experience many things in her career

I am not saying after marriage she won't be able to, but since her alliance with perticular male singer/friend she is already restricted to explore singing opportunities for herself so if marriage happens at this stage I don't know what to say.

All I can do is to wish her the best

lostperson thumbnail

I’m really surprised to hear this! First off, great observations, but are we sure it’s a Kalava? It does look quite similar, but it might not be. I’m all for finding happiness in whatever makes Aru happy, but this seems a bit unexpected. If it turns out to be true, I genuinely hope everything works out for her. I would have preferred to see her establish herself more and maybe wait a few more years before making such a big commitment—marriage is a huge step. Anyhow, I’m hoping this isn’t anything serious, and if it is, well, we’ll just have to see how it goes.

Edited by lostperson - 1 months ago
PV_IFhandle thumbnail

As I said, there is a possibility that there is some temple or pooja she visited where they tied it on the left wrist for some reason.

I also considered the possibility that this is just a hair band but when you watch on a big screen at slow motion / pause it appears to be a thread with knots.

I can only wish that whatever decisions she takes now she does not need to look back on them later in life with regret. I genuinely wish happiness for her.

Edited by PV_IFhandle - 1 months ago
PV_IFhandle thumbnail

Well... This video is absolutely clear.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C-SCLQNOoY2/

PV_IFhandle thumbnail

And this picture is from the finale - which means this thread is not from Bhopal but before that. I haven't been watching all episodes of SS3 so I don't know if this is from her most recent visit home which was just a few weeks ago.

https://www.instagram.com/p/C-SnKlHI8n0/