Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Ni-0604 thumbnail
Posted: 2 years ago

Conveyance of message

“I am not doing anything unlawful” Pradyut slammed his basketball into the net in his room, pacing it nervously

His Dad knew he was aggressive, always followed the rules but was aggressive and wanted to go after something if he had made up his mind

This whole Zenith Astro in Chandigarh was turning into a nightmare, they were planning to sign a contract with the architects in September and the building was still upright. The demolish crew had been paid an advance and the very last business still had its lights on

“I don’t want us getting involved with law enforcement over there” Gopal Munjal spoke as he read texts

“I will assure you that aint happening Dad. I bought it fair and square”

“So WHO owns the book store”

“It’s a family run business”

“And?”

“The owner passed his daughter is trying to revive it, based on my sources she didn’t pay Fall semester fee at UMich and they ejected her or something”

Gopal’s expression crumpled

“Tough.. I agree”

“Does or did the person? Whats his name?”

“rajesh Bhushan”

“Yes did Rajesh Bhushan own the store?”

“I hear he did”

“So, its easy right? She shows us the conveyance deed we pay her twice the market price and she packs up and goes”

“I agree” Pradyut calmed down and dribbled

“Ask Ajit to coax her to produce it”

“What if she doesn’t want to sell?” Pradyut passed and looked at his Dad straight in the eye

“Whoaa?”

“I suspect she doesn’t, she owed money to the bank, they defaulted because he died and she emptied her bank account to supply the instalments for the next 10 months” Pradyut exhaled slowly to express shock

Gopal was in shock too

“TEN months?”

Pradyut wiped sweat off his brow and picked up a towel on his desk and wiped his face hard until he turned red

“Does she know she has an offer on the table?”

“Well I don’t trust the owner Ajit Singh, I am on the fence by TK Govil so I am just waiting here twiddling my thumbs”

“Don’t do anything you might regret”

“U know I wont”

The men sat down

The assistant brought coffee

“I think you can take care of this, I am meeting the new buyers for Iris Gurgaon 10th floor” Gopal smiled with pride

“Well.. good luck” Pradyut smiled shyly

“Good job son”

“Sure thing” he nodded

He chowed down on a rolled up parantha and started to dribble again thoughtfully

He had summoned TK Govil back he paused

He called Ajit

“Can you ask her to produce the conveyance deed?”

Ajit was shocked when no pleasantaries were exchanged

“Aapne diya na Rajesh Bhushan ko?”

“Yes sir jee, bilqul”

“Then we need to see it”

“Oh”

“The building is sold now, if she can produce it we write a check, if she is unable to then we pay for moving and raze it down”

saina1231 thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

Waiting for their encounter❤️

Nisha0604 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Conveyance of message

“I am not doing anything unlawful” Pradyut slammed his basketball into the net in his room, pacing it nervously

His Dad knew he was aggressive, always followed the rules but was aggressive and wanted to go after something if he had made up his mind

This whole Zenith Astro in Chandigarh was turning into a nightmare, they were planning to sign a contract with the architects in September and the building was still upright. The demolish crew had been paid an advance and the very last business still had its lights on

“I don’t want us getting involved with law enforcement over there” Gopal Munjal spoke as he read texts

“I will assure you that aint happening Dad. I bought it fair and square”

“So WHO owns the book store”

“It’s a family run business”

“And?”

“The owner passed his daughter is trying to revive it, based on my sources she didn’t pay Fall semester fee at UMich and they ejected her or something”

Gopal’s expression crumpled

“Tough.. I agree”

“Does or did the person? Whats his name?”

“rajesh Bhushan”

“Yes did Rajesh Bhushan own the store?”

“I hear he did”

“So, its easy right? She shows us the conveyance deed we pay her twice the market price and she packs up and goes”

“I agree” Pradyut calmed down and dribbled

“Ask Ajit to coax her to produce it”

“What if she doesn’t want to sell?” Pradyut passed and looked at his Dad straight in the eye

“Whoaa?”

“I suspect she doesn’t, she owed money to the bank, they defaulted because he died and she emptied her bank account to supply the instalments for the next 10 months” Pradyut exhaled slowly to express shock

Gopal was in shock too

“TEN months?”

Pradyut wiped sweat off his brow and picked up a towel on his desk and wiped his face hard until he turned red

“Does she know she has an offer on the table?”

“Well I don’t trust the owner Ajit Singh, I am on the fence by TK Govil so I am just waiting here twiddling my thumbs”

“Don’t do anything you might regret”

“U know I wont”

The men sat down

The assistant brought coffee

“I think you can take care of this, I am meeting the new buyers for Iris Gurgaon 10th floor” Gopal smiled with pride

“Well.. good luck” Pradyut smiled shyly

“Good job son”

“Sure thing” he nodded

He chowed down on a rolled up parantha and started to dribble again thoughtfully

He had summoned TK Govil back he paused

He called Ajit

“Can you ask her to produce the conveyance deed?”

Ajit was shocked when no pleasantaries were exchanged

“Aapne diya na Rajesh Bhushan ko?”

“Yes sir jee, bilqul”

“Then we need to see it”

“Oh”

“The building is sold now, if she can produce it we write a check, if she is unable to then we pay for moving and raze it down”

Ajit was terrified of such a direct approach

Conveyance deed was basically a document confirming Rajesh Bhushan owned 4,000 sq ft of space in Zenith Astro on the North Side of the building on the ground floor

“I think I sold it like 40 years ago, mere Dadjee ne deal kari shaayad”

“Koi baat nahi, we need to see it”

Ajit nodded exhaling quietly

Pradyut hung up the call feeling very pleased

Ajit squandered the day away wondering how he was even going to approach the topic with the young lady Taruni Bhushan

He let two days slip by

Pradyut was not happy

Ajit Singh stared out at the heavy monsoon rain and slowly took the staircase, it was almost closing time for Bhushan Books

The girl looked especially sad these days

His heart ached

This was a deal he couldn’t pass up, Towers Partners were paying him almost TWICE what the land was worth plus the 13.3% if he convinced Taruni Bhushan to sell

Yes there was an ulterior motive but that doesn’t mean he didn’t feel compassion

“Business Today hai beta?” he asked nervously

“Sure… we have US style magazine display racks” she pointed to a far corner by the glass window

“Naya liya?” he felt nauseous

“Umm.. haan upgrade, Papa to shock ho jaate, I am in India making improvements to his store”

She was tearful

It hurt him more

“Are u really selling?”

He had fed her lies last week that the South wing was being torn down and the North wing was just being resold

“Plan to yahi hai” he blabbered weakly

“Papa still owes money on the shop”

“Hmm”

“Yes it’s a good investment” he nodded not knowing what to say

“Conveyance deed hoga unke paas” he muttered almost inaudibly

“Kya?”

“Ek deed rehta hai which promises ownership of land underneath the building”

Zameen ki value hai, agar demolish ho gayi bldg. to there is nothing left” he laughed nervously

“Papa ne zameen ka hissa khareeda hai na?”

“haa haan hoga shaayad, un dino mere Daddy aur Dadaji manage karte the construction ka kaam”

She looked at him trying to detect his age

“Tab main civil contract karta tha” he said defensively

He had actually spoken to his Dad this morning and he had confirmed selling that slice to a young almost 20 year old Rajesh Bhushan and his father

Taruni was the only person in the dark now

The ground underneath her vanished

She was falling headlong… quite literally into a dark abyss

She didn’t know who would know about such a conveyance deed. The bank did not have it according to the them, he had deposited the registration papers to get the funding

This was all so messy

Where was the conveyance deed

Did Papa pay upfront by borrowing from an uncle or cousin and mortgaged the registration deed later to return that money?

She spent the whole night and two nights after going through cupboard after cupboard, box after box

Conveyance deed was nowhere to be found…

Nisha0604 thumbnail

Some google profile and such so sorry, not even sure at this point. Phew

coderlady thumbnail

If they pay double the price, it would be an attractive offer. Will she be able to turn it down?

coderlady thumbnail

The deed is missing. What will happen if they can't locate it?

Nisha0604 thumbnail

Selling nostalgia

Real panic set in for Taruni, she spent the next morning in tears. She asked every person that ever knew her Papa and ever interacted with him

No leads

The brothers were not of much help

She tried to remind them it’s a family legacy and if the store is gone then Ma would be broke in her old age

Gaurav pointedly reminded her that she was doing it to take the money and run to USA. That felt like a slap in on the face to her, for the very first time in life

She was the most loved By Rajesh, she realized it early on, being the youngest and being a daughter she had won the double lottery, she got what she wanted and did what she liked

Her mother noticed her selfish streak and had tried to mend her, but she had the backing of Rajesh Bhushan

"Sher puttar ho aap beta” he frequently repeated and threw his support behind her to send her to Singapore, though they were a very conservative family

Now Gaurav was not even mincing words

“It’s the place Papa went to for 40 years of his life, don’t you feel bad?”

“I go to work too I don’t make even half as much as him”

“Whose fault is that”

“Insult kar rahi hai?”

“Nahi” she got up and went to take a call

Gaurav was showing up in Chandigarh more, and more just so he could keep himself in the loop about the shop

But pretended nott o care

“Taru beta lets meet Sudhir Grover ji and the lawyer, puttar, don’t go off doing stuff on your own”

“Ma Ajit Singhji Zenith Astro bech chuke hain the only way we can save the shop is by finding that damn deed” she looked devastated

“Sale ho jaayegi na?”

“Maaa agar deed nahi mili to sale mein Rs.1,000 bhi nahi milenge”

Nidhi was shocked

“Kya matlab”

“That proves our right to the land,”

“He owns the land, Papa does, Mr Gehlot gave him the money to buy it outright from Ajit Singh’s Papa, and then Papa took the registration to the bank and borrowed against it and returned Gehlot Uncle’s money, and started paying installments

“So the deed is not in the bank then?” her mother was her last hope

“Nahii ghar pe hogi” Nidhi pointed with her arm to Bhushan Kunj the house the kids were raised in

“Ma, 3 din se search kar rahi hoon”

More dejected than ever before

She opened the store late

Around 4 PM, two burly men showed up and identified themselves as “Harkishan Properties” and made a cash offer on the store

“I am not selling” she said shakily

“Ma’am building to demolish ho rahi hai”

“Kisne kaha”

“Umm.. Ajit Singh Satnam Properties”

“It would be better if you sell”

coderlady thumbnail

The demolition crew is almost standing there. The deed is nowhere to be found. She is running out of options.

Nisha0604 thumbnail

Lineage & Legal

“I am running the shop, main chala rahi hoon, mujhe bechna nahi hai” she forced a smile

“Madam Ajit Singh has sold it to a developer”

“To?”

“Yaha ek nayi building ban ne waali hai”

“To AAP log kyon chinta mein ho, mere se le logey shop to phir bhi it will get demolished only right? Main samjhi nahi”

“Madam, yeh friendly advise hai”

“Apni friendship apne paas rakhen, unless YOU have bought this land and Zenith Astro’s other portions please leave”

“Ajit Singh ji ne hamare through deal ki hai”

“Main Uncle ko jaanti hoon, he did not ask me to sell”

“Aisa ho hi nahi sakta”

“Aap business ke time aakar mujhe dara rahe hain, I will have to get help”

“Madam YEH dekho aap”

On the front twin glass doors of the lobby there were two large signs with fine print announcing intention to sell and the project plan without naming the new owner

It startled her

This thing was closer than she assumed

Sigh!!

“I … aap log jao when I want to negotiate main baat kar loongi Mr Ajit Singh se”

“Mr Singh ne hame bheja hai”

“Abhi to aapne klaha aap naye buyer ko represent kar rahe hain”

The men were not fazed “Madam offer pakka hai, sab white milega aapko, paperwork sab ho jaayega

She felt nauseous

She wondered how she was going to overcome this challenge

She called Tushar, he showed up in 20 minutes, the men were gone, brother sister sat and had a good cry over two cups of chai

“I just hate we have to do this bhai”

“Ma needs therapy yaar, she is really not feeling anything, I was thinking she would be here everyday literally touching and feeling everything”

“Bhabhi ne kuch kaha?”

“Nahi Bhabhi to ro rahi thi raat ko” Tushar looked sad

Pallavi and Nidhi were really close

Pallavi adored her mum in law

She did everything possible to help her heal

But Nidhi was acting like she was emotionless

She only laughed when around Tushar’s kids

She went to work, watched TV or slept

She never expressed a desire to even go to Bhushan Kunj, as if her mind wanted to purge everything

“If u don’t want to sell mat bech” Tushar was feeling emotional and loving

“If nobody is opening the store daily and making sale, then we cannot just keep it locked up bhai”

“Tujhe to jaana hai January mein”

“Hmm”

“I cant quit my job yaar, my in laws already don’t think I am worthy of their daughter, do bete ho gaye, to fit into their regressive agenda, otherwise… I don’t know”

Tushar looked sad

“I know Papa was your rock”

Tushar nodded teary eyed

“I wish we had caught his heart disease sooner

“He was going for his annual checkup etc. Who knew he would develop something in the last 8ish months”

“I don’t know who is buying this building, I don’t know why ANYONE would want to tear down a perfectly fine, newly renovated building”

“Hoga yaar koi ameer aadmi” Tushar was bitter

“I wonder what Ajit Singh is going to do with the money”

They both stared into oblivion

“Ja yaar tu Dilli Aneesha ki shaadi mein I will take 4 days off and sit in the store or beg to work remotely”

Tushar felt a strange kinship toward his warrior sister

“I will only go for two nights

“Jo bhi hai”

“You think we can keep this running?” she giggled

“Try kar sakta hoon dude” he did a hi five with her

They were a team. She wanted the money, she wanted to run away to Michigan she wanted a cushy US life

But for now… keeping the store open seemed like a win. Her heart filled with pride.

Within minutes after Tushar’s departure there was a courier letter delivery

It was from an attorney’s office in Chandigarh

“Law Offices of Sharma Purohit & Parashar”

There were 6 pages with tons of fine print

The gist

“Buyer” will send demolition crews early September

The “buyer” would like to offer you Rs. 1.5 crore for the store and the fixtures and fittings, “Buyer’s” accountants will work with you to reduce every tax liability you may have. “Buyer” will help set up final sale. Whatever remains “Buyer” will pay for moving unsold goods and products. “Buyer” will pay for warehousing everything temporarily upto 180 days. “Buyer” will offer real estate services for FREE so Bhushan Books can find another location if they want to pursue owning a store again.

To a lay person this probably would have seemed as a act of giant generosity

Taruni felt her rage bubble up, her face turned red, and her heart rate quadrupled

“HOW DARE YOU” she screamed and flung the papers on the floor and stomped on it

As a customer walked in

She sobbed at the cash register

She visualized hard hatted demolition crew wading through the rubble of unsold books and magazines

She kept the store open until 10 PM in defiance

She looked up the email from the stomped up notice and texted

“Ask your buyer to go f—himself”

PriteeMisra thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 5

So want to know the answer now 😂