Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Posted: 2 years ago

Originally posted by: VintageWine

Never liked her dance at all. I used to find her vulgar, bas wear long skirts to lift them up

My mom will hug you tight and thank the Lord that people with this opinion exist... ðŸ˜† as a kid, she never allowed me to watch MD's songs... by the time I grew up, MD had gotten old, so I never understood the hype... ðŸ˜†

Ur-Miserable thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Shes so annoying on Television, I remember even her fans dissing her. Bas ek do teen adjectives leke bathe rahe thi hai. Dance performance Mein omg you so beautiful, aap itne sundar lag rahe re dance karte Waqt. Beautiful was her main adjective. Baitxh, you come to judge a dance show and no a beauty contest. 

And the unusual praise of hers without fail har episode Mein. Bloody annoying. Kabhi kabhi paata nahi chalta ta reality show hai ya praise madhuri show ðŸ¤¢. 

Paise mil rahe hain aur ego boost ho raha hain, toh kya hi jaiyega uska😆

Originally posted by: TheMinion

And "perrrrrfectttt"... ðŸ˜”🥱

itna bura sound krta hai na perfect is mun se ðŸ¤¢ðŸ˜µ

MaebyFunke thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

It's the praise that got me! She's not worth it. 

Never liked her dance at all. I used to find her vulgar, bas wear long skirts to lift them up😆. But luck definitely was and is in her side. For the cringe she puts up - she still is very much there. No to forget the over the op blotchy make up, overly dressed and throwing nakhre of that cough.

Geez young or old guests also had to gun gaan about her. Imagine dharam too! Shatrugan sinha, Kirti, you name it and they are there to praise her. 

The show is scripted as it is, so half the blame falls on the writers of the show as well. In fact the same formula is carried in every reality show on Indian TV where there's a yester heroine as a judge. I do agree on the dance part though, I'm not a fan. 

v_nakshara thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

Never liked her dance at all. I used to find her vulgar, bas wear long skirts to lift them up😆.

Same here, I found her dance quite vulgar. I remember I didn’t know where to look when watching Dhak Dhak song with my parents sitting right there.

Rekha_ji thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: harun98

in china it done almost 200 cr net ...

sridevi even got national award for

Okay, we may need to calm down slightly with the accolades and "China Box Office" figures... because... who was verifying their takings... the one ...and only... Ustad... Boney Kapoor Ji.

So take it with a pinch of bath-salts.

The "National Awards" only gave her that award AFTER her untimely death.

They never bothered to give her a single "National Award" during her entire career (if I'm not mistaken). Which spanned 6 decades, crossed multiple languages, set trends and broke inumerate barriers.

Sridevi is easily recognised as one of the foremost talented individuals to have ever graced cinema screens, across the entire world, she deserved better. 

Although her legacy is not diminished by the number of awards she received. Her everlasting presence and the mark she made is a mountain peak in itself. We can all but look up at her vast body of work in absolute awe.

zero: Karisma Kapoor shares fond memories of sharing screen space with Sridevi

Everyone from (yes) Madhuri and Juhi and Rekha to Aishwarya and Kajol and Karisma were inspired by her. Rani, Preity, Urmila, Manisha, Mahima, Kareena, Vidya, Deepika, Katrina, Alia and all the way down to the newer generation just making their debuts this decade; have all gone to the School Of Watching Sridevi Movies.

Don't even get me started on how dirrrrttyyyy Filmfare Awards have treated La Devi over the years, that's a whole 4-page essay I haven't got time to write this evening. But maybe tomorrow.

harun98 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Rekha_ji

Okay, we may need to calm down slightly with the accolades and "China Box Office" figures... because... who was verifying their takings... the one ...and only... Ustad... Boney Kapoor Ji.

So take it with a pinch of bath-salts.

The "National Awards" only gave her that award AFTER her untimely death.

They never bothered to give her a single "National Award" during her entire career (if I'm not mistaken). Which spanned 6 decades, crossed multiple languages, set trends and broke inumerate barriers.

Sridevi is easily recognised as one of the foremost talented individuals to have ever graced cinema screens, across the entire world, she deserved better. 

Although her legacy is not diminished by the number of awards she received. Her everlasting presence and the mark she made is a mountain peak in itself. We can all but look up at her vast body of work in absolute awe.

zero: Karisma Kapoor shares fond memories of sharing screen space with Sridevi

Everyone from (yes) Madhuri and Juhi and Rekha to Aishwarya and Kajol and Karisma were inspired by her. Rani, Preity, Urmila, Manisha, Mahima, Kareena, Vidya, Deepika, Katrina, Alia and all the way down to the newer generation just making their debuts this decade; have all gone to the School Of Watching Sridevi Movies.

Don't even get me started on how dirrrrttyyyy Filmfare Awards have treated La Devi over the years, that's a whole 4-page essay I haven't got time to write this evening. But maybe tomorrow.

Its was The trade and chinesse Box office itself reported those collection so not from mr boney himself. 

I doubt she would of got a national award had the movie been aja nachlaye lol, it was given because based on the character and acting performance with movie being a revenge thriller on  rape victim as well death did help her be a strong contender for the win it but she was in the nomination list before she even die, movie wasnt a masterpiece in anyway and could have been better its the role and her portrayal of role what made the movie critically acclaim and overlook the flaws in the movie. The movie did $15million in china (source china box office - Bollywood Hungama) and did $18m overall overseas collection as a whole, which did 10 times its budget and performed average business domestically.

return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: Chameli_billi

Because Madhuri converted herself to a mandir ka ghanta. Kabhi bhi Baja doh. Easily accessible on every reality show imaginable 

This. Overexposure diluted her impact. If her screen was plastered on screen every day why would people get excited to see her on-screen again? 

Plus Gulaab Gang and Kalank were ordeals to endure. On the other hand, I quite enjoyed Dedh Ishqiya and The Fame Game. Bucket List was also sweet. I am looking forward to Maja Maa.

CuckooCutter7 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

i think madhuri just has 2 or 3 expressions. As long as she looked cute, that did not matter. Now it does. Also, if you've heard her speak english, she has this weird accent that's neither american nor Indian. It sounds harsh and contrived, and is a real turn-off.😊 

JayaBachan thumbnail

Originally posted by: BirdieNumNum

Also, if you've heard her speak english, she has this weird accent that's neither american nor Indian. It sounds harsh and contrived, and is a real turn-off.😊 

THIS. I’ve always thought the exact same thing. Sometimes it sounds like she’s trying to do an American accent except it’s not working. Instead, a complete new accent has been formed.