Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Blood_Sacrifice thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 2 years ago

Madhuri's appeal was her glamour and sensuality -- once age caught up with her and that fizzled out (obviously), she just couldn't remain popular anymore. I mean it's not just her comeback -- even in the 90s, after DTPH, Madhuri barely had any hits or popular movies (excluding Devdas). Once that glamour died out and new 'hot faces', people just moved over Madhuri. Unlike Sridevi who actually could act better and focused on content-related film.

VintageWine thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3

Madhuri was a dancer. Sridevi was a actress. 

VintageWine thumbnail

Originally posted by: Blood_Sacrifice

Madhuri's appeal was her glamour and sensuality -- once age caught up with her and that fizzled out (obviously), she just couldn't remain popular anymore. I mean it's not just her comeback -- even in the 90s, after DTPH, Madhuri barely had any hits or popular movies (excluding Devdas). Once that glamour died out and new 'hot faces', people just moved over Madhuri. Unlike Sridevi who actually could act better and focused on content-related film.

She looked old even in DTPH, especially next to karishma. 

Ur-Miserable thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: Shobha.nair

Sridevi just had one hit after her comeback. She did one movie puli in tamil which failed miserably and mom also wasn't that good. I think as someone already said though she took a break from acting for 15 years, she was still there in the industry as her husband is a producer. She was aware that those days of dancing around the trees were over and content and story oriented films were doing well for female actors. Like the kind of roles vidya balan was doing then. Poor dixit almost left the industry and wasn't aware about the changes that had taken place in the industry. She would come dance here and there and go, so she wasn't even aware what she's doing, repeating still the 90s stuff, the same lame dancing and stuff. At this time madhuri is not even in the game now she's just doing whatever she's offered, probably only to make more money. Post devdas i haven't even bothered to see any of her films. Which means it would've been better if she had never made a comeback. She could've retired gracefully but i think money matters to her more than anything else.

Tbf why should she retire gracefully, she has bills to pay and people love watching her in television. She should stick to it and move to supporting roles like AB Sr did.

VintageWine thumbnail

Originally posted by: IWILLDIESINGLE

Tbf why should she retire gracefully, she has bills to pay and people love watching her in television. She should stick to it and move to supporting roles like AB Sr did.

Shes so annoying on Television, I remember even her fans dissing her. Bas ek do teen adjectives leke bathe rahe thi hai. Dance performance Mein omg you so beautiful, aap itne sundar lag rahe re dance karte Waqt. Beautiful was her main adjective. Baitxh, you come to judge a dance show and no a beauty contest. 

And the unusual praise of hers without fail har episode Mein. Bloody annoying. Kabhi kabhi paata nahi chalta ta reality show hai ya praise madhuri show ðŸ¤¢. 

Edited by VintageWine - 2 years ago

Originally posted by: VintageWine

Shes so annoying on Television, I remember even her fans dissing her. Bas ek do teen adjectives leke bathe rahe thi hai. And the unusual praise of hers without fail har episode Mein. Bloody annoying. Kabhi kabhi oaata nahi chalta reality show hai ya praise madhuri show ðŸ¤¢. 

or pure show mein bas dhai sham rok layi krti rehti hai 😭😭😭

Anjalika01 thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

I’ll say it. Because  Madhuri just doesn’t have that kind of acting talent/versatility, or presence to carry a film as an older actress tbh.

Like others have said, though she was never actually a bad actress or anything, Madhuri’s popularity was always based more around her looks, sex appeal and dance rather than acting, which meant that once she got older, most people weren’t really going to watch a movie where she was the only *big star* if that makes sense.

Though that said, most older actresses would probably have the same thing happen as they got older (and likely end up worse as they don’t have the same level of popularity Madhuri does), so imo this is more a comment on how extraordinarily good Sridevi was than how bad Madhuri or anyone else is tbh.

Edited by Anjalika01 - 2 years ago

Originally posted by: Havaana

or pure show mein bas dhai sham rok layi krti rehti hai 😭😭😭

And "perrrrrfectttt"... ðŸ˜”🥱

MaebyFunke thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: VintageWine

Shes so annoying on Television, I remember even her fans dissing her. Bas ek do teen adjectives leke bathe rahe thi hai. And the unusual praise of hers without fail har episode Mein. Bloody annoying. Kabhi kabhi oaata nahi chalta reality show hai ya praise madhuri show ðŸ¤¢. 

I concur. It's also annoying when every contestant/guest/host would want to dance with her. Over the seasons of JDJ, she became cringe max.

VintageWine thumbnail

Originally posted by: DetachednNumb

I concur. It's also annoying when every contestant/guest/host would want to dance with her. Over the seasons of JDJ, she became cringe max.

It's the praise that got me! She's not worth it. 

Never liked her dance at all. I used to find her vulgar, bas wear long skirts to lift them up😆. But luck definitely was and is in her side. For the cringe she puts up - she still is very much there. No to forget the over the op blotchy make up, overly dressed and throwing nakhre of that cough.

Geez young or old guests also had to gun gaan about her. Imagine dharam too! Shatrugan sinha, Kirti, you name it and they are there to praise her.