Another contest idea.. feedback needed.

Posted: 2 years ago

Hi All,

Need your suggestions/comment on the following contests idea we are working on. The name of the game is still not finalised. Suggestions are welcomed.

The game is again simple and will run for 10 days and again there would be 5 questions each day.

People have to answer in terms of percentage % (0 - 100). And question would not be a yes no type but something that can be expressed in %.

At the end of the day system auto compute the average of all the responses and gives Points based on the proximity to the actual answer.

100 points (for exact after rounding up the decimal)

80 points (for +/- 1)

50 points (for +/- 5)

30 points (for +/- 10)

10 points (for +/- 20)

5 points (for +/- 30)

Points will be updated on the scoreboard for the set of 5 questions. Individual question points will not be revealed until the game gets over.

I am still thinking should we have a realtime scoring .. where the system keeps giving the scoring based on the responses it keeps getting or update at the end of the day.

Do let me know your thoughts.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

It is somewhat like Dus Ka Dum or the Sheep Game.

heavenlybliss thumbnail

Creative Minds

I am in. We played a similar game on discord, it was called "survey says". But in that one we had to match the percentage given by the public who had been surveyed, here I guess we have to match with other IF members?? Sounds more fun🥳

I am still thinking should we have a realtime scoring .. where the system keeps giving the scoring based on the responses it keeps getting or update at the end of the day.

Realtime!😃 Also will FFF always be at top like in the Easter Egg Hunt?

Any idea when this will start??

Well.. Realtime will be like we take a small internal survey and post it along with the question.

So the first participant will compete with that number. And every response will keep changing the average and making it more dynamic.

And this works for people across different timezones. And also they don't have to wait for 24hrs to see the result and can join the contest anytime.

Cheers,

Edited by vijay - 2 years ago
heavenlybliss thumbnail

Creative Minds

Originally posted by: vijay

Well.. Realtime will be like we take a small internal survey and post it along with the question.

So the first participant will compete with that number. And every response will keep changing the average and making it more dynamic.

And this works for people across different timezones. And also they don't have to wait for 24hrs to see the result and can join the contest anytime.

Cheers,

But the people who will join later, wouldnt they be able to see what answer the people before them have given and answer accordingly?? Wouldnt that give disadvantage to the first person?

SoniRita thumbnail

Peace Lover

Originally posted by: evilxbalaa

I am in. We played a similar game on discord, it was called "survey says". But in that one we had to match the percentage given by the public who had been surveyed, here I guess we have to match with other IF members?? Sounds more fun🥳

Realtime!😃 Also will FFF always be at top like in the Easter Egg Hunt?

Any idea when this will start??

Yeah the game sounds like Survey says. This is gonna be fun n interesting, I am in.

Everyone share ur opinions abt this game.

NINALOGY thumbnail

This sounds interesting

Similar to survey or dus ka daam.

Looking forward to it

Originally posted by: evilxbalaa

But the people who will join later, wouldnt they be able to see what answer the people before them have given and answer accordingly?? Wouldnt that give disadvantage to the first person?

Well I do not think it would be a disadvantage as we not going to reveal individual question point. Rather you will get Total point for 5 question set.

Secondly the average number keeps changing so my average will be different from yours.

White-Lilac thumbnail

It sounds interesting... Looking forward to it 👍🏼

BeingBlunt thumbnail

Quality Enforcers

Originally posted by: vijay

It is somewhat like Dus Ka Dum or the Sheep Game.

Dus Ka Dum sounds great. But not sheep. 😆Please no Sheep.
Edited by BeingBlunt - 2 years ago