Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

1169266 thumbnail
Posted: 2 years ago

Originally posted by: Intoxicator

After watching Harshad in YRKKH, I went back and rewatched some of the Bepannah episodes and I don't find him as good an actor as I had originally thought. I found him very very good looking in BP (and Humsafars) and I think my eyes were too dazzled to note the flaws in his performances but they are definitely there 😆 As Abhimanyu, he is unwatchable...

Abhimanyu and his mother dono unbearable hain 😬

https://youtu.be/uVOLitFpmEU

Edited by SnowWhite_97 - 2 years ago
1162748 thumbnail

Originally posted by: SnowWhite_97

Abhimanyu and his mother dono unbearable hain 😬

https://youtu.be/uVOLitFpmEU

Oh I hate his interactions with his Maa🤢

This particular one was cringe-y and weird in the extreme (I think I even made a post about it on the mothership at the time). Like why would Manjari even let his hair grow that long? Only the children of hippies and crunchy granola types are allowed to go without haircuts for that length of time...

austen-eliot thumbnail
Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 2 Thumbnail

I find Abhimanyu so charmless and graceless as a character - he seems like he'd be dreary and clingy when he's in a good mood and scary and stressful when he's angry🤢

This is such a perfect description of Abhimanyu.. And that's it..it's all he is nothing more to his character at all.

But guys you should see today's epi just for the i-told-you-so feeling...to see how we've been proved rigjt in seeing akshu's love and concern for aarohi as completely fake and waqti.. My heart broke for aarohi today.. The way she was just brushed aside and cornered..like we say here.. Kariyapat ko saalan mein se nikal ke phenkna..that's what they did to her.. And everywhere perfect kartik - naira jaise couple banenge akshu-abhi ka jaap, and BP rolling his eyes at Aarohi when she was not fully participating in their festive mood.. And absolutely no one giving a damn about her.. Did you guys notice how akshu didn't even once bother to apologise to aarohi for giving her jhoote promises of letting her have abhi and then snatching him away on her wedding? Ab toh she doesn't even seem to see ke woh kahan hai, zindi bhi hai ke mar gayi.. She's that unconcerned about this sister jiske peeche woh apni zindagi sacrifice kar rahi thi apparently..

And how two-faced are that jodi.. Abhi being such a tameez wala, adab wala ifo akshu's family, and falling all over BP now that he's been accepted and then going and turning into a gunda, lafeda with his dad! Aur isko woh pagal log kartik ke barabar khada rahe hain!!

1169266 thumbnail

Oh I hate his interactions with his Maa🤢

This particular one was cringe-y and weird in the extreme (I think I even made a post about it on the mothership at the time). Like why would Manjari even let his hair grow that long? Only the children of hippies and crunchy granola types are allowed to go without haircuts for that length of time...

I don't know why🙄 but I still think Abhimanyu is not Manjiri's real son.
austen-eliot thumbnail

HIGHLY recommend them - read the first book and see if it draws you in. The books are written so simply and with such gentleness but there is so much compassion and understanding of the human condition in them. The author is Alexander McCall Smith. It's the book equivalent of a nice warm cosy blanket.
The TV show version of that is "Ted Lasso"

Hey, thanks for this recm...those are tbe ki d of books I like😛that are like warm cosy blanket!

austen-eliot thumbnail

Originally posted by: Ekahriz

No one deserves to spend their life with a guy like that. But from what I read about Akshara's antics, I really want her to suffer from his mood swings.

I really really hope the writers make it like this for the drama..I hope they take eo to hell!

1162748 thumbnail

Originally posted by: austen-eliot

This is such a perfect description of Abhimanyu.. And that's it..it's all he is nothing more to his character at all.

But guys you should see today's epi just for the i-told-you-so feeling...to see how we've been proved rigjt in seeing akshu's love and concern for aarohi as completely fake and waqti.. My heart broke for aarohi today.. The way she was just brushed aside and cornered..like we say here.. Kariyapat ko saalan mein se nikal ke phenkna..that's what they did to her.. And everywhere perfect kartik - naira jaise couple banenge akshu-abhi ka jaap, and BP rolling his eyes at Aarohi when she was not fully participating in their festive mood.. And absolutely no one giving a damn about her.. Did you guys notice how akshu didn't even once bother to apologise to aarohi for giving her jhoote promises of letting her have abhi and then snatching him away on her wedding? Ab toh she doesn't even seem to see ke woh kahan hai, zindi bhi hai ke mar gayi.. She's that unconcerned about this sister jiske peeche woh apni zindagi sacrifice kar rahi thi apparently..

And how two-faced are that jodi.. Abhi being such a tameez wala, adab wala ifo akshu's family, and falling all over BP now that he's been accepted and then going and turning into a gunda, lafeda with his dad! Aur isko woh pagal log kartik ke barabar khada rahe hain!!

I'll check it out tomorrow and come back to discuss. But you are so absolutely right - the first half of this season was Akshara just upending everyone lives because she could not bear to make Arohi unhappy. And Abhimanyu going on about how he's such a straight arrow, seedhi baat karne waala respectable aadmi. Then he turned ulti-pulti not just physically but also mentally and emotionally! As for Akshara she is a total hypocrite. As you say, after everything, she couldn't care less about Arohi.

What's that saying - lilies that rot stink worse than weeds? Well Arohi is definitely a morally grey character but with her what we see is what we get. Akshara and Abhimanyu, on the other hand, are just so duplicitous and self-centered, it's not even funny😡

What is a kariyapat and a saalan?

1162748 thumbnail

Because they're laying the mother-son love on so thick and there is still the issue of the adoption papers (unless the writers have forgotten about that plot in their tripping😆). It makes one suspicious about the authenticity of their relationship.

But WHY WHY WHY give Manjari a dialog about carrying him in her womb? It was so specific and unnecessary to the scene.

Originally posted by: SnowWhite_97

I don't know why🙄 but I still think Abhimanyu is not Manjiri's real son.

austen-eliot thumbnail

Curry leaves y'know, that you use for tadka and then remove it and throw it away from the curry(saalan), gravy?

1162748 thumbnail

Guys - even the gifs are telling me it's time to call it a night. Kal aur chatty comments deposit karoongi. Till then, enjoy chatting on the nice new thread. I bid aap sab ko shubh ratri, bon nuit, buenos noches, guten nacht, iyi geceler and good night❤️

https://tenor.com/view/30rock-tina-fey-liz-lemon-get-off-the-internet-its-time-to-go-to-bed-gif-4979146

Edited by Intoxicator - 2 years ago