Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Anjalika01 thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 2 years ago

Originally posted by: Mistyy

We as a society have to say no to this. Not accepting dowry but giving dowry is also part of the problem.

We have to raise our girls to be financially independent and then there is no need for dowry because no one needs to “provide” for her. The whole system of dowry started when back in those days, it was considered hardship to provide for one more person in family. So dowry was started to get the daughter start off well in her new family. But like everything else, this has also gone out of control. Everything nowadays is a show off. There may not be a dowry but then there is designer clothes, dance, parties for like a week.
What a waste of money, instead give that money in cash to your daughter to put that as a down payment on house or business.

This makes perfect sense in theory, but in practice, many families where let alone having a diploma/degree- the daughter's already have a job at the time still fall prey to this...

In fact I have heard of women saving up from their salary to help pay their dowry...

kankabhor thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: sweet_chilly

Actually this is a new technique now used by many guys from middle class families.... Leave home town and work in a big city and patao a financially well off girl and then ask for a huge wedding or dowry at the same time expect her to contribute financially after marriage.... I have seen it too many times in my circle... The girl is then too emotionally involved with the guy ....

Contribute financially plus cook, take care of home, babies for them. Guys will coem back from office and watch TV

Gul_bahar thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3