Meet FF | Hum Tum - Chp 5, Pg 7

nupurvj23 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 2 years ago

Hi guys,

I finally sat down and wrote this idea that I’d had for a while for our lovely Meets. I’m genuinely convinced that if Manushi wasn’t around then the Meets would have fallen love in a very organic way! So, this is my take on that – what if Manushi was not engaged to Meet but to Kunal, and what if Tej was around right from the beginning? I’m hoping for this to be a fun and light story with lots of humor and romance. 

Please let me know what you think! Without further ado, here’s chapter 1!

Cheers,

Nupur 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 1 

Meet was not having a good day. He had woken up late for his morning meeting and had to skip breakfast. More than the skipped breakfast, he was upset that hadn’t had time to fix his hair or do his skin care routine. Now he was hungry, sweaty and he could swear he felt a zit coming on. Urgh, this is not my day, he thought to himself. 

Taking a deep breath, he increased his driving speed, he was late as it is. He took his eyes off the road for one second when he heard his phone start to ring (in hindsight, it was the best mistake he could have made) and the next thing he knew someone on a bike had banged into his car and was now on the ground with a few people starting to gather.

Fuming, he stepped out of the car and leaned over to help the person up. Even at his angriest, Meet Ahlawat never forgot his manners. After making sure the person was unhurt, he unleashed his anger. 

“Tumne meri gaadi thoki! Main tumhein nahi chodne waala!” Meet yelled at the tiny person in front of him.

His next words died in his throat as the person removed their helmet… it was a girl! He had been sure that it was a guy on the bike, but there was a girl standing in front of him.

His first thought was that she was cute, very cute actually. Short hair, defiant and stunning eyes. This train of thought was immediately followed by a ‘shut up, you idiot! She banged into your car!’

Shaking his head, he raised his hand to point a finger at her even though mentally he could feel his brain cataloguing her micro expressions to reflect on later.

“Dekho, yeh gaadi mere liye bohot special hai. Isse koi damage kare, main bardaasht nahi karunga!” he said.

“Vaise bhi late ho raha hoon, aur ab tumhari wajah se aur late ho jaayega!” he continued.

“Aur manne meri bike kiraaye par li hai? Manne pyaar na ho sakta hai apni bike se?! Galti teri hai. Yun andhon ke jaise bina dekhe gaadi kaun chalata hai?! Aur manne keh raha hai…” she yelled back.

“Jaldi mein tha toh kya gaadi ko daudaega? Dauduram hai ke?!” she yelled.

Aah, she’s theth Haryanvi. As much as Meet’s family had modernized over the years and left a large part of their culture behind, he had always found the Haryanvi accent to be very fascinating, and she made it sound even more amazing.

Focus Meet, he mentally chided himself. 

“Listen, I don’t have time to argue with you…” he started, but was cut off as a result of his phone ringing.

He glared at the girl in front of him and answered his phone.

“Ji Veere?”

His Tej Veere only ever called if it was urgent.

“Meet, kahan hai tu? Clients wait kar rahe hain. Jaldi kar, late ho raha hai. I have to take Sunaina to her brother’s place. Jaldi aa bhai!” Tej yelled.

“Aa raha hoon Veere, bas phas gaya hoon. I’ll be there soon!” Meet assured him and hung up.

He saw the girl had turned away from him slightly and was also on her phone.

“Haan Mummy, bas raste mein hoon… 10 minute mein aa rahi hoon. Didi ko bol zyada drama na kare…” she said as she hung up.

She turned to, once again, face him with anger in her eyes.

“Tujhe toh main chodti nahi par manne late ho raha hai aur teri yo faltu bakwaas ke liye mere paas time nahi hai!” she exclaimed.

She immediately got on her bike, put her helmet on, not before she stuck her out at Meet and drove in the opposite direction.

Meet stood in stunned silence as he tried to process what had just happened. The girl had not even waited for him to react. She’s a little spitfire, isn’t she, he thought to himself as he shook his head and got back in the car.

“Ms Ladaku, tumhein toh main kabhi aur dekh lunga… something tells me this isn’t the last time we’re seeing each other”. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

INDEX

Chapter 1 - Page 1

Chapter 2 - Page 3 

Chapter 3 - Page 4

Chapter 4 - Page 6

Chapter 5 - Page 7

Edited by nupurvj23 - 2 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Coolmitocondria thumbnail

Loved it...do continue and write more parts ASAP❤️

Jugnu21 thumbnail
Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

wow Nupur .. its amazing… you gotta tag more people…

Anjureads thumbnail

You have imagined and written out the scene beautifully. 

tamanna1391 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3

so meet is mesmerised by meety

fanktlk thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Absolutely loved it 

Mysterylushes thumbnail
Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Anniversary 2 Thumbnail

Wow loved it. I wish Manushi was never in the chapter. Then, it would have been them,and  their friendship which would have eventually blossomed in love. Abhi bhi Wohi horaha hain, but it took they a lot of time to see each other as something more than friends .

Keep writing ❤️

Scribbled_tales thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 3 Thumbnail + 2

Fabulous part. Loved it.

Physics_girl thumbnail
Micro Phobia Contest Participant 0 Thumbnail Love Couple India Season 3 0 Thumbnail + 6

Wow Nupur❤️. Loved it. I will be eagerly waiting for the next part🥳

Jiggy7 thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

I love it.. Next part pls 🥺