sas79 thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 2 years ago

Interesting start, Rekha. Keep going! 

rekha_crm thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3

Part 2

It was an hour and the surgery was still going on. Kalyani alternated between sitting and pacing along the waiting area. 

"Kalyani ji… aap thodi der ghar jaake aaram kar lijiye.." 

"Nahi, mai yahin rukungi.. Agar aap chahen toh…" 

"Sawal hi paida nahi hota.. Aapko yahan akela chodke mai kahin nahi jaa raha…."

"Thank you.. Toh jab tak hum yahan hai atleast tab tak ke liye aap mujhe bhi apna dost hi samajh lijiye Souravji. Kalyani hi bulaiye mujhe.. Please." 

He smiled, "Haan.. Ab kuch ghanton ke liye toh hume yahin baitkar intezaar karna hai… Apne naam ke peeche boring sa Ji lagana chod hi dete hain… It's Sourav for you Kalyani."

They kept up a light conversation. Kalyani learnt that Malhar and Sourav were friends since their school days, went together for IAS and continued with their IPS training. Though now their postings were in different places, they still kept in close touch and at times took each other's opinions on cases. 

"Ek baat puchun Kalyani…?" 

"Haan boliye.." 

"Aaj aapne Malhar ko apna pati kaise maan liya..? Ye badlaav kaise..? Kahin iss wajah se toh nahi ki woh aaj yahan ghayal pada hai..?" 

She looked at him, opening her mouth to say something and closed it back again. 

"Malhar ne mujhse kuch nahi kaha.. Ye meri khud ki observation hai…", he answered her unasked question. 

She nodded her head and looked at the TV screen above, tears blinding her vision. 

"Pichle ek saal me hamare ghar ki haalaat puri tarah badal gayi aur mera dimaag teekh se kaam nahi kar raha tha… Uss insaan ko hurt kar diya jisne mere naarazgi aur kadwe shabdon ko bilkul bhi deserve nahi kiya.. Lekin ab maine dheere dheere realise kar liya ki jo bhi hua woh Malhar ki nahi haalat ki galti hai.." 

"Kalyani… ", he handed her his handkerchief. "I'm sorry.. Mujhe aapse aise baat nahi karni chahiye thi.." 

"It's ok..mai samaj sakti hun.. aap apne dost ke liye pareshan hain… sach me aap ek bohot ache dost hain…", she wiped her eyes with the white cloth. 

"Sourav… mai hadbadi me sirf ghar ko tala lagake nikal gayi aapke saat. Maine apna, purse, phone sab kuch ghar me chod diya… Ab yahan hospital ke fees…" 

"Uski chinta mat karo Kalyani, hospital ke bills toh department ko jayenge.. Yahan situation dekhne ke baad mai aapko thodi der ghar le jaata hun, jo bhi chahiye hoga le lenge…. Aur haan, ek minute.." 

He took out a debit card from the inner slot of his purse and handed it to her and she looked at him questioningly. 

"Ye Malhar ka debit card hai. Iss case me jaane se pehle, usne mujhe diya tha...ye kehkar ki agar uske gair maujudgi me  zaroorat pad gayi toh aapko mai ye de dun...Ek second PIN number ko usne ek code me diya hai aur kaha ki Kalyani bohot smart hai woh crack kar legi..." he handed another folded chit to her. 

"Lekin… kyun? Kya unhe pehle se pata tha.. Ki ye sab…" she couldn't continue. 

"Pata toh tha ki khatra hai, bohot sensitive case jo tha...lekin duty ke aage hum apne aap ko nahi rakh sakte Kalyani."

Kalyani stared hard at the card in her hand and then gave it back to him along with the chit paper. 

"Mere paas purse nahi hai, toh kahin bhi kho sakta hai. Ise aap hi rakhiye aur jab aapke dost yahan se wapas ghar chalenge na.. Tab aap ye unhe hi saunp dijiye… Mujhe sirf unki zaroorat hai paison ki nahi.." she got up. 

"Kalyani…!!" 

"Don't worry, agar mujhe sach me zaroorat padegi toh mai apne pati ke paison ka hi istemaal karungi.. Kisi aur ke saamne haat nahi failaungi.." 

Sourav smiled lightly as he put back the card into his purse. He was sensing a change and he hoped both these souls would find the solace they needed with each other. 

Kalyani walked towards the big glass windows and stared outside at the passing vehicles on the road. It was raining. 

"Hello…!! Boliye Papa.. Kya hua?" 

"Beta jaldi se Shanti nursing home aa jao.." 

"Nursing home..? Kya hua hai Papa..?" 

"Please beta tum pehle yahan aa jao.."

"Acha teekh hai, mai abhi nikalti hun.." 

She took permission from her office and rushed to the nursing home. She found her father at the reception area and he was in tears. 

"Papa.. Aap teekh hai na? Yahan kyun aaye hain? Kuch boliye na, jaan nikal rahi hai meri.." 

Atul Deshmukh looked at his daughter and his tears began pouring down.

"Kalyani….S...Sam..Sampada…!!"

"Aap pehle shant ho jaiye Papa.. Kya hua Sampada ko..? Uski tabiyat kharab hai..? Mai doctor se milke aati hun.." 

He held her hand, "Sampada maa banne wali hai..!!", he said in a low voice choked with tears. 

Kalyani froze and stared at her father. 

"Kya?" She covered her mouth with her palm and sat down on the floor itself. 

Kalyani had then remembered that for the past two months her sister had been behaving vaguely. She had seemed stressed and visited the bathroom frequently. Kalyani had heard sounds of retching and asked her but Sampada had just said, her stomach was upset. 

Kalyani had noticed her sister not sleeping well, gazing at vacant space and hadn't even been eating properly. She had wanted to take Sampada to the doctor but she had refused and Kalyani hadn't been able to do anything. 

Kalyani now looked at her father who was completely broken. 

"Aapko kaise pata chala Papa? Sampada ne bataya? Kya usne ye bataya ki ye sab kaise hua. Kahin uske saat kisine galat toh nahi kiya…? Hum use nahi chodenge Papa…" 

Atul looked at his younger daughter and ran his hand on her head. He told her that Sampada hadn't gone to work that day saying she wasn't well. She had fainted in the living room and his attempts at home to revive her had been futile. So he had called for his friend to help him bring her to the hospital. He had then thanked his friend and sent him away saying he would call if needed. 

"Mr Deshmukh…!!", both of them lifted their heads to see a nurse standing there. 

"Doctor aapse milna chahte hain.." 

Kalyani and Atul were seated in the doctor's cabin. 

"Mr Deshmukh, aapki beti ki haalat achi nahi hai…iss halat me aap logon ko uska khayal rakhna chahiye tha na… aapne isse pehle kis doctor ko dikhaya…" 

Kalyani told that they hadn't known she was pregnant. 

The doctor had been shocked, "So the first two and half months, there has been absolutely no nourishment for the baby and mother. That's why they are in a delicate state now Ms Kalyani." 

"Doctor, kya hum bache ko abort kar sakte hain..? Kya tab meri beti.." their father had asked. 

"I'm sorry Mr Deshmukh, aisa hum bilkul nahi kar sakte, woh aapke beti keliye aur bhi khatarnaak ho sakta hai.. Pehle hi woh depression me jaa chuki hai. Hamare treatment keliye respond nahi kar rahi hai… She needs a psychiatrist lekin iss halat me woh koi bhi medicines nahi le sakti isliye maine ek counsellor ko bulaya hai… "

Atul couldn't stop crying and he got up and went out of the cabin leaving Kalyani there. 

"Sorry doctor, mere Papa ko bhi bohot shock laga hai.." 

"Its ok Ms Kalyani, I can understand. Kya aapki behen ke saat kuch galat hua tha..?"

Kalyani told her that they really didn't know what had happened. Her sister had not shared anything with them. The doctor reassured her saying maybe the counsellor would be able to find something. 

The counselling had not helped much and Sampada hadn't been in a position to tell them anything. The question itself caused her distress and the doctor and counsellor had advised them that unless her mind was ready she shouldn't be questioned further as it may lead to further complications in her health. 

Kalyani had taken care of her sister all through the term of her pregnancy, making her eat well, taking her out for walks. The  wagging tongues of the neighbourhood made Kalyani just blow her top once when she heard some crude and snide remarks. 

"Maza aa raha hai aap logon ko… iski halat dekhkar…? Agar aapke ghar me kisike saat ye sab hua hota tab bhi aap log aise hi baatein karenge..?" 

"Ae ladki, jyada zabaan mat chala..", someone had shouted back. 

"Bas Kijiye..!! Aap log apne zabaan ko lagaam dijiye… Kisika mazaak udake, unke dard ke baare me aise bakwaas bastein karke aap logon ko neend kaise aati hai..? Kisike bure wakt ko apna time pass bana lete ho.. Humne aap logon se koi madad nahi maangi.. Hume apne haal pe chod dijiye.." 

Only her father's friend Rao uncle was always there to help them in whatever way he could. 

Kalyani had to deal with her sister  and her father's worry for both his daughters. 

She had to hold on to her job too but Sampada's treatments were costing too much and unwillingly Atul had to take loans. 

All these were taking a toll on Atul too and though he hid it from Kalyani, he began having some health issues. He became determined not to add to his younger daughter's burden. She was already shouldering too much. 

Atul handled Sampada with utmost care when Kalyani had to be at work but evenings Sampada only wanted to be near her sister. 

Putting Sampada to sleep was such a task. She didn't sleep so quickly. Kalyani sang the songs and lullabies that their mother used to sing for them when they were younger and stroked her sister's hair and back to make her sleep. 

Kalyani missed her mom Madhuri too much and wished she was alive. They would have handled the situation better. Two years back, their mother Madhuri Deshmukh had left them all of a sudden due to a heart attack. Sampada had been very much devastated and had taken long to recover from it. 

Finally, by the end of the eighth month, Sampada went into labour pain. Kalyani and her father admitted her into the hospital. 

"Atul ji aapko pota hua hai..lekin aapki beti ki haalat teekh nahi hai.." 

Sampada had developed breathing difficulty during the delivery and she was hyperventilating. They were trying their best to save her. 

"Aap log dekh lijiye andhar jaake…" 

When they went in Sampada couldn't control her tears. In between shortness of breath she folded her hands, "Sorry Papa…" 

Atul held his daughter's hand, "Nahi beta.. Mai naraaz nahi hun, tum bas jaldi se ghar aa jao.." 

She shook her head and turned towards her sister, "Kal… Kalyani… ttuu… maaf kk… karegi na…?" 

"Chup ho jaa…baatein jyada mat kar. Hame ab baby ke saat bohot saari masti karni hai.. Samjhi.." Kalyani wiped her sister's eyes. 

The baby was premature by a month so he was in the neonatal ward. Sampada was still being treated. Atul and Kalyani took turns being in the hospital with her. 

The baby was improving and the doctor said he could be discharged in another two days. 

Sampada was not showing any signs of improvement. Her depression had set back in along with the breathing difficulty. 

Kalyani was with her sister when an admin staff came in, "Kalyani ji, bache ke birth certificate ke liye hume details chahiye. Maa ka naam likh diya hai.. Uske papa ka naam bataiye please." 

Kalyani couldn't say anything, she looked at her sister whose eyes began watering. Kalyani sent the admin girl away saying she would come and do it later. 

Sampada was getting agitated and she began pulling the oxygen tube.

"Sampada….!! Kuch nahi hua.. Nurse!! Please jaldi aaiye.." Kalyani pressed the bell and shouted. 

The nurses and duty doctor rushed in. The doctor asked to give an injection to calm her down but Sampada caught hold of her sister's hand tightly. 

"Ka.. Kalyaniiii….. Mmeera bacha…" 

"Woh teekha hai Sampu… tu aaram kar.." 

"Uu… ussskka na… aammm.." 

"Haan, mai…" 

Sampada pressed her hand hard,  "Rraane…!!" 

Then her body collapsed lifelessly to the bed. That was the last word she had uttered. "Rane.." 

"Kalyani..!!" Sourav called and Kalyani quickly wiped her eyes. 

"Surgery khatam ho gayi Kalyani, doctor se baat karte hain chalo.." 

The doctor informed them the surgery was successful but it would be atleast 6 hours before Malhar regained consciousness. He was in the ICU and one of them could go in to see him for few minutes. 

"Jao Kalyani. Jaake use dekhke aao.. Mai yahin intezaar karunga.." 

"Thank you Sourav.." 

She saw her husband unconscious, connected to tubes and monitor. She twined her fingers into his and whispered near his ears, "Yaad rakhiye ki mai aapka intezaar kar rahi hun.." 

She stood there looking at him for two more minutes before the nurse asked her to leave. 

Edited by rekha_crm - 2 years ago
sehreemstory thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

This was so emotional chapter🥺

I am happy ki abhi kalyani malhar ji se gussa nhi hai I wish malharji jldi se thik ho jaye

Sourav wakhe hi mein both acha dost hai 

Kalyani ka flashback me mai confused to hu ki ye bacha malharji ka hai kya?

Malhar ji jldi se thik ho jaye your  kalyani is waiting for you❤️

The update was beautiful rekha thank you 😊 

Phlo004 thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

Ohhh God such a heart wrenching chapter 🥺🥺kitna emotional tha ye sab padhna 😭

Kalyani wants to meet malhar her desperation ..kuch bohot bada hua hai uski jindagi main jo vo malhar sein ek dum nafrat karti thi aur abb pyaar..😒

Saurav is a nice friend actually apne dost kein liye ye sab karna uskien saath ek strong support ki tarah khade rehna ye aajkein time main koi nhi kaar pata ...kalyani khush hui apne pati kein dost ki baatein sunkein 😊

Ek saal main sab badal gaya aisa kya hua ..now literally i am scratching my head in confusion..kya hua hoga 😔

Flashback ..sampada ka depression ek sweet sister thi vo ..aur atul bhi kitna pareshan tha uskein liye ..ek dum sein inki family poori kharab ho gayi really felt bad for her and uparsein ye society vale alag jeene nhi dete i dont understand kya pagal kutte nein kata hota hai inhein....jab dekho pagalpan ti karni hoti hai 😡

Phir bhi kalyani nein uska khayal rakha ..she delivered her baby but that rane word ..i still don't understand ye baccha malhar ka hai ya uski family main sein kissi aur ka hai like uska bada bhai ho ya chota bhai ..kuch aisa pata nhi kalyani sein pehle malhar ko sampada kein saath aisa imagine karna ho nhi paa Raha hai 😔

Kalyani is waiting for her pyaare patidev dekhte hai patidev ko aur kitne din ka aaram karna hai dekhte hai kya hota ... waiting for more di 🤗🤗

Autumn09 thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Sach a beautiful chapter 😍

Abhi bhi samajh me nahi aaya ki how Malhar got into this mess and if he really had something to do with Sampada's situation. I loved the portrayal of Sampada in this story. It was so raw and real and gritty. Saurav is such a sweetheart. I don't know why sometimes it felt like the voice was his but words were Malhar's.

I'm waiting to see Malhar in this FF. Ab tak sirf flashbacks me hi dikha h ya fir in that critical situation. I'm so curious to see how he'll react to Kalyani's change of heart. 

Sampada ka baccha is he alive or not? Kahin vo Moksh to nahi?

It appears as if Malhar had helped Kalyani's family financially as per first chapter flashbacks...So many questions❓❓❓

Edited by Autumn09 - 2 years ago
Kalma92 thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

I'm still confused and there's still lots of pieces to place together, but I'm intrigued and I want more! 😍