Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Wistfulness thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 2 years ago

Originally posted by: atominis

I think Hyundai, KFC, Kia Motors, Pizza Hut and other MNCs made a blunder by commenting on Kashmir solidarity day on their Pakistani Twitter and Insta pages.

When you are a global company you have no business taking sides on any political matter or political disputes which involve sensitive matters such as sovereignty and integrity of any country.

They may have done it to win over people in Pakistan or pro secession Kashmiris but they did cause trouble with Indians and India. We are a country of 1.5 billion people or so and only a fool will make public statements that will damage their business in a huge market like India.

However, there is no point targeting celebs who endorse these brands. And I think Bollywood is selectively targeted AGAIN. I mean women cricketers are also part of Hyundai ad with SRK, why are likes of Smriti Mandhana not called out or questioned on their silence? Why single out only SRK and Tiger?

Also, why should Indian branch of Hyundai or Indian celeb brand ambassadors of Hyundai speak on social media posts made by Pakistani branch or reps of Hyundai? It is not their business at all. It is beyond their purview.

Agreed.

@Bold - I think it has something to do with the fact that Smriti is a lot less popular than SRK and Tiger. It's always the more famous one that gets targeted. I didn't even know that Smriti endorses Hyundai. Had there been a popular male cricketer (like Kohli) in her place, reactions would have poured in.

Wistfulness thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: NimbuMirchi

Rampal is in jail, right? So his minions pay for this trends.
After I saw those stupid trends, I stopped taking Twitter seriously.
I just go once in a while for some laughs. Memes are funny!

Yeah he's in jail. The paid trends by minions are hilarious. 😆
Kyahikahoon thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail IPL 2024 Participants 2 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: Sashay01

Exactly. Kuch na kuch ladai jhagda, boycott, negativity campaign hona chahiye, nahi toh twitter trolls ko saans nahi aati.

How could Tiger or SRK have anticipated this? Hyundai India ne toh kuch nahi kiya.

Hyundai India went on a blocking spree..that made twitteratis even more angry..would've been better if they didn't react..

Though what do celebs have to do with this..silence is better

642126 thumbnail

I agree on this. Hyundai is going on a blocking spree and blocked even some verified handles of users on Twitter. This caused more backlash and reeked of high handedness. No wonder India summoned South Korea envoy after behaviour of Hyundai. Even their first response to this incident was callous and not regretful or apologetic.

Celebs are getting trolled now for endorsing Hyundai and not condemning Hyundai for its behaviour. It does not help that cover pic of Hyundai India's profile features SRK only and not Smriti Mandhana and other cricketers who endorse Hyundai.

Nandini_goyal thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Maroonporsche thumbnail

Originally posted by: Ashley.Tisdale

Hyundai Pakistan made a post on its social media handles supporting "Kashmir Solidarity Day".

This lead to an uproar in India, given the status of Kashmir.

Basically Hyundai got into something political and ended up hurting one side, which has caused many to boycott the company.

Originally posted by: atominis

I had posted link to video also which questioned Bolly celebs over Hyundai fiasco.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=L-5e_jyCN5g&feature=youtu.be

Wow thanks. Someone wanna cancel everyone over anything.

Edited by Maroonporsche - 2 years ago
Ashley.Tisdale thumbnail
Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: Maroonporsche

Wow thanks. Someone wanna cancel everyone over anything.

People should not blame the brand ambassadors. It is not their fault, they are at the end of the marketing chain and only have the task to let the company use their brand name and value to promote the product.

If there's anyone to blame, it is the MNC itself.

No MNC in the world, who has operations running in different countries, should give statements on topics that do not concern them or are a matter of dispute. They ended up choosing a side...and hence their share prices have fallen.

DheeJattanDi thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6

Man.. there are bigger problems in India. Can't believe this is what they care about 🤦🏼‍♀️

Manavi_kesari thumbnail
IPL 2024 Participants 3 Thumbnail IPL 2023 Participants 3 Thumbnail + 5

y corporates involving in to sensitive issues . So Hyundai ,kfc funds will be used for terrorism. They must pull out from terror state r face the consequences.

Edited by Nonpareil - 2 years ago
Manavi_kesari thumbnail
IPL 2024 Participants 3 Thumbnail IPL 2023 Participants 3 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: Wistfulness

Agreed.

@Bold - I think it has something to do with the fact that Smriti is a lot less popular than SRK and Tiger. It's always the more famous one that gets targeted. I didn't even know that Smriti endorses Hyundai. Had there been a popular male cricketer (like Kohli) in her place, reactions would have poured in.

If anything happens in India , this bolly celebs make noise n display placards for their anti India agenda . Give lectures , teaches , tortures poor viewers how to show sympathy to terrorism n terrorists n become mahan humans with humanity . Spread negativity , hate by teaching how to celebrate festivals etc..didn’t leave anything n make noise even it’s not in their hands n not related . Did bw celebs shown support /solidarity to Indians in dis Hyundai ,kfc fiasco r taught Indians how to be mahan , poor Indians .