SRK and Tiger Shroff in trouble over endorsing Hyundai

642126 thumbnail
Posted: 2 years ago

#BoycottHyundai and #BoycottKiaMotors have been trending after Hyundai Pakistan and Kia Motors' Pakistani pages and Insta accounts posted in support of Kashmir solidarity Day and wrote posts in support of 'freedom of Kashmir'.

India has also summoned South Korea envoy over 'anti India' social media posts of Hyundai and its sister company Kia from their Pakistan based pages.

SRK and Tiger Shroff are now being trolled and questioned for their silence on anti India posts by social media pages of these brands and being asked to condemn these statements or cancel contract with Hyundai and Kia motors. They are being accused of putting profit over India's sovereignty and integrity by maintaining silence and still being associated with these brands.

Looks like fresh trouble for these guys despite them having nothing to do with what Hyundai or Kia post in Pakistan.

Hyundai India page is also being trolled massively and so is SRK's new ad with them. I think it is unfair to troll the India branch over social media posts of Pakistan branch of these companies. Celeb ambassadors cannot be held responsible for social media posts of company in another country.

https://youtu.be/L-5e_jyCN5g

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

rvdhaliwal thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

What the hell is happening in India ๐Ÿ˜”

loginidran thumbnail
Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 3 Thumbnail

Itโ€™s unfair to drag the celebrities into this because these ads have been shot way before this happened. But trolls ka kya kahe. They come up with kuch bhi to somehow bash the BW stars. Itโ€™s like the BW stars are the behti ganga in which these trolls can wash off their sins by shouting at them.

However, Hyundai has no business taking sides like that. Because Hyundai Pakistan still represents Hyundai itโ€™s parent company and therefore inadvertently taking sides in this which is obviously very offensive to India.

Hyundai or any MNC for that matter should stay apolitical if they want to keep their business global.

Maroonporsche thumbnail

What happened exactly ??

loginidran thumbnail
Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 3 Thumbnail

So itโ€™s an over enthusiastic local dealer who misused the brand name and tried to make it look like Hyundai was behind those tweets while they were just his personal opinions. ๐Ÿ˜†

https://www.tribuneindia.com/news/business/hyundai-regrets-offence-caused-to-people-of-india-after-backlash-on-pak-distributors-kashmir-tweet-368098

cts22 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

What Hyundai did was stupid and blatantly commenting on an internal issue of two countries with a lot of tension is stupid. They are not going to do with Tibet for fear of China so why provoke India especially if India is your second biggest market.

The response was bad from Hyundai too and blocking people for calling them out, it is a huge pr disaster and they need to fix asap

But targeting celebs is stupid for what the company did, if the company was always anti India or was harmful in anyway celebs need to be called out but here it is stupid

Ashley.Tisdale thumbnail
Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: Maroonporsche

What happened exactly ??

Hyundai Pakistan made a post on its social media handles supporting "Kashmir Solidarity Day".

This lead to an uproar in India, given the status of Kashmir.

Basically Hyundai got into something political and ended up hurting one side, which has caused many to boycott the company.

1123225 thumbnail

Dragging celebs into this is stupid. Are they supposed to see into a crystal ball or something?

But Hyundai had no business doing this. I'm willing to give them benefit of doubt if I see the dealer retract publicly. If not, they lost my business. Pity, because I really like my Genesis and was looking to the same model this year.

Zeal17 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7

Twitter is like a Digital war zone ๐Ÿ˜† roz koi na koi kaand hua rehta hai.

Twitter paid kardo sannata cha jayga.

arnavfluffy thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

I will boycott hyundai, KFC etc

Who are they to comment on Kashmir.

Kashmir is and will remain part of India.

If you have guts, comment on other countries .