Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Anu1975 thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 2 years ago

I think it’s more to do with PR…especially Shivi…she is attached to an Agency…my guess is there may be some restrictions for her to appear with Sai if he is associated with some project…it may come across as promoting his work, probably why she deleted the dinner story…

muktaps thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: meghumonu

I am just sad!! These production houses really love casting North Indian actors for Marathi and South Indian characters , Don't they? Casting a Punjabi and a Marwari person for Maharashtrian ethnic characters who will look nothing like Maharashtrian at all and will never speak Marathi in the show at all! Irony is show is bases on Kashibai and Bajirao both ethnically Maharashtrian but will be played by non Maharashtrian and will epically mess this up!! Then they will make entry of Mastani and it will be all about love traingle which was historically not the case at all!! Anyways what's the point of ranting when did ITV ever made a decent historical show!!

i know dear

i know it shouldn't matter where actors are from and they should be just so perfect in acting that the viewers forget that they are non-marathi, non-gujarati, etc.

but actors who belong to the same region add that extra oomph factor

they don't have to work on diction and some other things because they already know most of it and most importantly look the part

In Bajirao Mastani movie, most of the side actors were Marathi so they looked perfect

don't get me started on that angle, I get worked up, so much injustice

i'll just imagine SaiShi as them in my imagination

Anu1975 thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: noha450

Anu, I also had this theory in the back of my mind but then I rationalized that it would be too filmy… bur heyy who are we kidding! Saishi’s story (from whatever they revealed to us [I'm sure theres more😂]) is nothing less than a typical bolly movie.

As someone here rightly said, we only know what they want us to know…

As far as the attraction-avoidance thingy…it’s a normal psychological thing which happens quite often in real life…boys are messed up when it comes to expressing emotions, they tend to behave weird when they get emotional while girls are more balanced with their feelings…

meghumonu thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

Yeh PR Agency ko koi edit kar sakti hai kya? Kabab mein Haddi ban k gale mai atak chuki hai yeh log!! 😡

meghumonu thumbnail

As you said correctly region or ethnicity of the character do not matter if the actor is good with his expression, mannerism, diction etc. to act almost exactly the how character belonging to a certain ethnicity will behave!! Look at Ranveer Singh and Priyanka Chopra they were so perfect with their mannerism, diction, expression and it never felt like they were not Maharashtrian , that is what I called acting and look at Deepika in the same movie a total miscast, she did not even speak the Bundeli language at all in the movie, forget language she did not even work on her diction, expression or mannerism to act like a Bundeli Rajput princess!! The warrior version of Mastani is nowhere in history. You cannot just make up history , it is not fiction but facts!! You cannot mess with facts!! If you want to make a film on strong courageous women then India has dearth of such women all over the history. Make film on them , not on someone like Gangubai Kathiawari who was a gangster. Sanjay Leela Bhansali, this guy should stop making movies. His movies maybe beautiful, colorful, good screenplay, great music but he sucks in making movies on relevant topics.

Another point of yours as you said casting native actors of the region for said characters of said ethnicity adds to the oomph factor!! Look at MHRW , the supporting cast of Deshmukh family, ML and FL were all casted from their native region that is Marathi and Telugu respectively. That is why when Raghav spoke in Telugu or Pallavi spoke in Marathi it never felt cringe or fake . Sadly, ITV do not have actors of Ranveer Singh or Priyanka Chopra's caliber who can ace anything so that is casting from native region is so important so that it do not look fake.

Anyway, enough ranting when do ITV ever cared to make a good historical at all.

muktaps thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: meghumonu

As you said correctly region or ethnicity of the character do not matter if the actor is good with his expression, mannerism, diction etc. to act almost exactly the how character belonging to a certain ethnicity will behave!! Look at Ranveer Singh and Priyanka Chopra they were so perfect with their mannerism, diction, expression and it never felt like they were not Maharashtrian , that is what I called acting and look at Deepika in the same movie a total miscast, she did not even speak the Bundeli language at all in the movie, forget language she did not even work on her diction, expression or mannerism to act like a Bundeli Rajput princess!! The warrior version of Mastani is nowhere in history. You cannot just make up history , it is not fiction but facts!! You cannot mess with facts!! If you want to make a film on strong courageous women then India has dearth of such women all over the history. Make film on them , not on someone like Gangubai Kathiawari who was a gangster. Sanjay Leela Bhansali, this guy should stop making movies. His movies maybe beautiful, colorful, good screenplay, great music but he sucks in making movies on relevant topics.

Another point of yours as you said casting native actors of the region for said characters of said ethnicity adds to the oomph factor!! Look at MHRW , the supporting cast of Deshmukh family, ML and FL were all casted from their native region that is Marathi and Telugu respectively. That is why when Raghav spoke in Telugu or Pallavi spoke in Marathi it never felt cringe or fake . Sadly, ITV do not have actors of Ranveer Singh or Priyanka Chopra's caliber who can ace anything so that is casting from native region is so important so that it do not look fake.

Anyway, enough ranting when do ITV ever cared to make a good historical at all.

agreed with all of your points

Akanksha62 thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 3 Thumbnail + 2

Read kavita's post

It was about some fake account

meghumonu thumbnail

It's just breaks my heart seeing the conditiom of our ITV historical!! We have so diverse and rich history and heritage and these idiots just mess all up!! Ths only good ITV historical till date is Jhansi ki Rani .

noha450 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Thanks for informing us hun. Gosh itni si baat ke liye itna melodrama lol

noha450 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: manisha.8148

[…] Main to cc 2 mein hi bhatak rhi thi😆...mujhe lgki kya baat h sab ek saath busy ho gye😆.... anyways congrats for new cc...n welcome myself in new cc being latecomer😆

Manisha u ghost! U kept wandering in the old abandoned cc all by yourself🤣