Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

kasrana thumbnail
Anniversary 20 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 19 years ago

no offense to anyone...

BUT ... simi1295..seriously...this is nothing!!!!! in real world there are first cousins getting married to each other. Sid and sia are NOT EVEN RELATED. COME ON..!! whats so bad in this. I m unable to understand ur sickness toward sia and sid's relationship.

vazz thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

You are giving importance to rakhi, because mentally you have accepted the person as your brother. But in the case of Sid and Sia, how will you stop the feelings they have? They cannot change the feelings, because they tied rakhi 18 years ago.

Sia is ready to accept Abhi as her father, a father-daughter relationship is a that of blood and though you have not been with the father for 18 yrs, the vibes kick in...

but in case of rakhi of a 2 year old and a 8 year old, who are not related and when they do not remember the relationship they had 18 yrs ago, we cannot expect them to shut their feelings. I did not like it when Urmila asked Sid to forget Sia because she feels she owes that to Simran.

In the south, we marry our cousins... here they are not even related

I can treat somebody as my brother without a rakhi too. It is all in the mental make up of the mind.

I know everybody feels strongly about what they believe in. I guess we agree to disagree :)

bubblegum thumbnail

I agree, that tying Rakhi means nothing in this context since they were separated after that for 15 years. I would have considered it wrong if they had been in constant contact and considering each other as brother and sister and then suddenly realing one day that they infact are in love with each other (not the brother-sister kind!!)

As for Sia's feelings for Abhi, as twisted as it may seem to us, I agree with some of the other forum members who say that we need to look at this from Sia's perspective who did now know Anand was her dad!! I believe Ajai Sinha brought that angle into the story so that he could use it to get Archana to come out and tell the real facts about Sia and her parents. It would have been difficult otherwise to get the scheming naani and Archana to tell Sia the real story.

iruaG thumbnail
Anniversary 20 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: vazz

You are giving importance to rakhi, because mentally you have accepted the person as your brother. But in the case of Sid and Sia, how will you stop the feelings they have? They cannot change the feelings, because they tied rakhi 18 years ago.

Sia is ready to accept Abhi as her father, a father-daughter relationship is a that of blood and though you have not been with the father for 18 yrs, the vibes kick in...

but in case of rakhi of a 2 year old and a 8 year old, who are not related and when they do not remember the relationship they had 18 yrs ago, we cannot expect them to shut their feelings. I did not like it when Urmila asked Sid to forget Sia because she feels she owes that to Simran.

In the south, we marry our cousins... here they are not even related

I can treat somebody as my brother without a rakhi too. It is all in the mental make up of the mind.

I know everybody feels strongly about what they believe in. I guess we agree to disagree :)

This is exactly what I feel.

Minnie thumbnail
Anniversary 20 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: simi1295

i cant believe you guys are saying all this... ok i agree they dont knw anything abt the rakhi but thr parents do.. simran does... and im sorry to say this but to you guys rakhi might not mean anything but it does to me.. so i still believe its wrong if they show them get'n married...

Sorry, but as far as I remember, Astha never tied Rakhi to Sonu. She tied Rakhi to Anandi's son. There were only two episodes of Rakhi in the serial, in one, Anandi blasts Abhi for staying with Kiran and asks her bhabhi's happiness as a gift, and then takes her son to Astha......

In the second one, after Anandi's death, Abhi's mom gets Anandi's son to Astha for Rakhi...... they also showed Dr Abhimanyu's sister Gauri coming out with 18 years worth of Rakhi for her bro......

This year, all are grown up and there are no brother or sister.......

Simran never encouraged Astha and Sonu to behave like brother or sister, Sonu was always fond of Astha and played with her, but as Manas was her best friend, not her Rakhi brother, Astha and Sonu stayed that way as well.

scorpio_pk thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: rak201

Sia is the biological daughter of Simran - so she can never do anything wrong.

Whether or notSia knew about Anand (Abhi) was her father - how often do you see sensible women falling in love with a man twice their age? If it were Aastha who would have fallen in love with Abhi, then it would have been wrong and immature act. Since it is Sia,we can pass this as "father fixation" (Simran's daughter can never be wrong).

By the way, why did Anand (Abhi) dedicate his book to Sia ? Not sure if it ever happens in the real world that a person will dedicate something to a stranger (especially when the person is trying to avoid that stranger).What was Abhi thinking at that time? Had he started getting ticklish feelings about Sia before he got to know that she was his daughter - knowing our "Casanova" Abhi's character in the serial, I will not be surprised if that was the case.

LOL 😆

Thats what I always think that why he never told Sia that you are my daughter's age, I consider you as my daughter, nothing like that, he just tried to apologize for doing the right thing.May be he always wanted to take chances as he din't know the truth previously. 😆

At least this shows that Sia is not so determined in her decisions,before knowing the fact of being Abhi's daughter she started thinking of father fixation stuff etc,and now she suddenly start loving Sid just becuz he loves her as if he is the ONLY man on earth for her.
Edited by scorpio_pk - 19 years ago
peacestead thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: pagpri

I dont remember Sia ( og Astha ) tying a Rakhi to Sonu..

Neither do I but if they did then obviously brother sister relationship should be maintained by the director but i honestly dont remember any Rakhi scenes.

Mannha thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

i fink that tying a raki one year 18 years ago dont establish a brother sister relationship, they didnt know what that ws anyway, they only tied the raki cuz they were told to.

i do agree Sia isnt right in the head, i mean who would keep a hairstyle, lyk a mop head, and yes she is stupid to keep falling in love, it is becomin very repetitvie, i started watchin astitva to get away frm the usual saas bahu family serials, but now i hav 2 say they r better than this, i do enjoty watchin astitva, however, the storylines r repeatin themselves ova and ova agen, im bored, i am glad this ius 2 end,