Thoughts on the movie Race (with Saif Ali Khan)?

Posted: 2 years ago

Just watched this movie again after like a decade and really enjoyed it. Its ridiculous with the amount of twists, changing loyalties etc. but its really entertaining and I prefer this type of dumb movie over dumb movies with boring action and killing hundreds of random people and generic heroes.

The songs were great too, especially this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BadBAMnPX0I

Saif and Akshaye are awesome in this movie and Bipasha and Katrina were at their peak here in terms of looks.

Edited by Journey95 - 2 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

The first one was the best one.👍🏼...it got hilarious in Race 2....and Race 3 abhi dekhi nahi...😆

PD_forums thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7

It was good.. i liked it

Originally posted by: blue-ice.1

The first one was the best one.👍🏼...it got hilarious in Race 2....and Race 3 abhi dekhi nahi...😆

Don't watch Race 3..its pure garbage and Salman just ruins the whole series & turns it into a generic masala movie. Race 2 was already a downgrade but it looks like a masterpiece compared to Race 3 lol

Edited by Journey95 - 2 years ago
Silpa20 thumbnail
IPL 2023 Match Winner Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 9

Comedy Crew

Race first one is the best in the franchise.liked it a lot it was unpredictable 

Originally posted by: RainbowGlitter

Race first one is the best in the franchise.liked it a lot it was unpredictable 

Yeah you can't really see any of the twists coming, that's unusual for a Bollywood movie

oh_nakhrewaali thumbnail

This movie had more twist that the song "twist" 😅

magginoodles thumbnail
Anniversary 2 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 2

Race 1- loved it and loved the twists.

Race 2- average, one time watch.

Race 3- wish I could unsee.

I had to take headache medicine after watching the movie... second movie had Deepu, so I skipped that, third had Bhoi, so skipped that too....

FilmiDhun thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 6

I watched Race 1 again sometime last year and what struck me was how effortlessly stylish and modern it felt even though it came out way back in 2008. There have been many copycats of Race since then (including its two god awful sequels) but I think Race is still the best when it comes to blending glamour with action/thrill. Saif and Akshaye were great and Anil had some genuinely funny moments.

And special shout-out to Bips and Kat and whoever styled them. I loved their wardrobes in the film. they both looked sexy af but in a very mature and elegant way. Now compare them to Deepu/Jacqui/Amisha jumping around in neon coloured bras in Party on my mind 🤢 

Also Pritam's soundtrack ⭐️⭐️⭐️