Is Salman Khan's comeback the best in bollywood history?

Posted: 2 years ago

Haven't even liked most of his movies last decade (apart from Bajrangi Bhaijan and Sultan & Dabaang) but the comeback he did was crazy. I was looking at his page on Box office india and he was basically a flop actor in the 2000s. 

Dude had like 4 hits (not counting No Entry and Bagbhan where he barely had a role). Then suddenly with Dabaang he delivered one Blockbuster after another (even for completely shit movies like Ready, Bodyguard, Kick..).

Lately he seems to be declining but his run in the 2010s is pretty crazy

Edited by Journey95 - 2 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Maroonporsche thumbnail

Yes I believe it is 

Sashay01 thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 3 Thumbnail + 3

Wouldnt really call it a comeback because even through his leanest personal phases (read : when he was thought to be a MESS) his fanbase was really strong and he was popular as ever. He was already a star in the 90s.

I remember Tere Naam was such a fad that every person on the street had that hilarious haircut like Radhe Bhaiyya

Originally posted by: Sashay01

Wouldnt really call it a comeback because even through his leanest personal phases (read : when he was thought to be a MESS) his fanbase was really strong and he was popular as ever. He was already a star in the 90s.

I remember Tere Naam was such a fad that every person on the street had that hilarious haircut like Radhe Bhaiyya

Yeah but hardcore fans alone are not enough, SRK's movies last decade showed that pretty clearly. On BOI Tere Naam despite it's popularity is listed as just a "Semi hit".

With Wanted and then especially Dabaang Salman started to make movies that connected with the general audience very well and delivered tons of Blockbusters.

In the 90s he was definitely a star already but he declined a lot in the 2000s when others like SRK or Hrithik were more dominant.

Rekha_ji thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Ajeeb GIF - Ajeeb Sridevi English - Discover & Share GIFs

crispsy thumbnail

Shahid was in the same league as Abhishek Tushar Kapoor. But after Kabir Singh he is in the leagues of Hrithik Ajay 😭

YoursTrulyOne thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Yes , he was almost finished after string of flops in 2000s decade but somehow turned things around and became the no1 star by some margin in the next one.

Haiwan thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Sashay01

That wasn't hilarious though. Backstreet Boys wale Nick ka bhi wahi hairstyle tha. It was in vogue.

I_M_SultaN thumbnail

yes 

hrithik can follow after huge success of war and super30

one can anticipate now for srk comeback in pathan 

Maroonporsche thumbnail

Originally posted by: crispsy

Shahid was in the same league as Abhishek Tushar Kapoor. But after Kabir Singh he is in the leagues of Hrithik Ajay 😭

Lol shahid had a pretty good career before KS