Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Sagi97 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 2 years ago

Originally posted by: Chir-Cute

@bold: Did I call you ma'am? Sorry, do not remember but quite possible. 🤣 I might have used it in a fun teasing way and not a serious respectful way. My apologies, if I did! Will not happen again.

Awwww...no need to be so apologetic. I too meant it in a fun sort of way.

BTW, how old are you? must be younger then me (just a speculation)

Chir-Cute thumbnail

Originally posted by: Sagi.

Awwww...no need to be so apologetic. I too meant it in a fun sort of way.

BTW, how old are you? must be younger then me (just a speculation)

yaar... tension mein daal diya tha aapne. I actually thought that I had offended you unintentionally 😆

@bold: the speculation is not entirely wrong. 😆 Forever young at soul and heart level, otherwise +6 to your age 🤣

Sagi97 thumbnail

OK, friends, readers, reactors, silent readers and cribbers, young and not so young people on the forum:

Thanks for the response.

Posting the next chapter today. Actually had planned this to be the last one, but a brainwave hit me and extending it to be a crime thriller with a comic taste to it.

Hope you all like it.

Keep reading!

Sagi97 thumbnail

Three people in the room freeze for a while. Dr Naresh isthe first to come to his senses.

“Ok, both of you talk. Sai, don’t forget your duty. See you back with the completed form in ten minutes!”

Sai turns back to her patient.

“Tu yahan kya kar rahi hain? Tu to GC main thi na? Uske baad ek din gayab…”

“Nahi pehle tu bata. Dr kab se ban gayi?”

“Are abhi bani nahi houn. Yeh internship ki duty hain. Yahin MBBS ke second yr main houn. Ab tu bata. Tera kya chal raha hain? GC se kahan gayab ho gayi?”

“Bap re, kitna poochhegi? Accha, GC se mere baba ka bastar transfer hogaya. Isiliye chali gayi. Baki padhayi wahi se kiya....graduation bhi…”

“Are, twelveth main to tune top kiya tha na…mujhe yaad hain. Main tab GC main just aayi thi 8 std main. Mere baba ne mujhe bola, iss ke jaisi bano…”

“Acchha top to tune bhi kiya na. Maine newspaper main padhatha. Acchha hain, tu Nagpur main MBBS padh rahi hain…” Shruti takes in Sai’s mangalsutra and vermillion filled maang. “Teri shaadi ho gayi kya?”

Sai’s mobile pings at the moment. Dr Naresh is calling her. She smacks her head. “Baton baton main time kahan gaya pata hi nahi chala. Aage bhi milte rahenge. Yeh poora week main yahan par houn. Chal, tera checkup karna hain mujhe. Yeh form fill karke submit karna hain. Warna Dr Naresh gussa honge…”

Shruti catches her hand. “Sai, mera ek kaam karegi? NICU main mera baby hain. Usko dekhegi? Aur mujhe bata, wo kaisa hain?”

Sai, following the mercury of the BP machine, replies on automaton. “Haan Zaroor…Catch up with you later!” Jotting the findings, she gathered her paraphernalia and left.

She has a nagging feeling of having missed something. But she couldn’t put a finger on it.

Dr Naresh is waiting for her along with the lady officer.

“Dr Naresh, Yeh vitals hain. Sab theek lag raha hain. Main thoda jaakar aati houn…”

“You seem to know each other?” the lady officer asks her in a no-nonsense tone.

“Haan, hum dono ek hi school main padhti thi. Who mujhse four years senior thi. 12th hone ke baad wo kahin chali gayi wo aaj mili…”

“What can you tell us about her family?”

“Zyaada kuchh nahi. We had just come to GC and she left!”

“Her husband?”

Sai draws a blank. Then it strikes her. Shruti had delivered a child a few days back. And where was her husband? And why the baby not with her? And why the security? Had she done something wrong? Is she…a…criminal? terrorist?

“Ok, kuchh yaad aaye to batana!” the lady officer leaves with this. Dr Naresh looks at her with a questioning glance.

“Sai, shayad aap bahot badi musibat main phus gayi hain…”

Sai is surprised. Itna complex to human brain ki anatomy bhi nahi hain. “Aise kyoun keh rahe hain, Sir? Maine kya kiya?”

“Tumne uss aurat se baatein ki. Much beyond your professional domain. Woh lady officer bhi pooch rahi thi, ki tumhara uss lady ke saath kya connection hain?”

“Zyaada kuchh nahi Sir. Hum dono ek hi school main padhte they. Wo 12 main thi, main 8th main. Hum log GC gaye ussi saal who log wahan se chale gaye…”

“Itna kafi hain. Ab wo log tumhe poochhenge. Sambhalke jawab dena. Kafi sensitive case hain, aisa maine suna!”

“Ok Sir, aage se dhyan rakhoongi..”

Sai suddenly remembers Shruti’s kid in the nursery. And leaves from there.

Nursery is one floor below. As Sai is walking down the steps, the lady officer quietly follows her.

Sai suddenly stops at the door of nursery and stares at the footwear rack. “Yeh police-issue ke shoes yahan par kyoun? Under bhi security hain kya? Further surprises are there for her in the gowning area. A police uniform, hung on the hook. The name plate is turned away so she doesn’t see. Moreover she is not bothered. Hoga koi. Aira gaira nathhu khaira. To bachhe ko bhi security de rahe hain kya?

She goes inside after gowning and talks to the NICU incharge, Dr Bhargava. He is totally surprised.

“Are Sai, tum yahan?”

“Haan sir, ek baby ke bare main janna tha…”

“Baby ka naam? Oh sorry, mother ka naam?”

“Shruti. Abhi char din pehle deliver hua hain..”

“OK, wo wala case…uss ke pass police officer hain. Kissi kobhi uske pass jaane nahi deta. Khud usko bottle feed karta hain aur uske diaper change karta hain. Maine aaj tak aisa police officer nahi dekha.”

“Magar itni security kyoun?”

“Pata nahi…” Sai goes to the cubicle pointed out by Dr Bhargava and enters the cubicle. There is nobody there. The baby is sleeping in the crib. Where is the police officer? Hoga kahin, mujhe kya? She talks softly to the baby.

“Hello…Baby…main teri maushi houn…teri aai ki friend. Kaisa hain tu? Mumma ki yaad aati hain kya? Teri aai tujhe bahut yaad kar rahi hain…chalega uske paas?”

The curtains rustle slightly. Maybe the police officer? Sai gets an uncanny feeling that someone is watching her. She is about to check when her mobile pings with a reminder from Dr Naresh. She leaves after saying bye to Dr Bhargava.

As she leaves, the lady officer steps out from behind the curtains. Her report to the senior brass is pretty explosive. Very suspicious behaviour of a new intern. First of all, knows the woman from her school. Visited the baby in the NICU on her own. Moreover offered to take the baby out to his mother. Possible Naxalite sympathiser. I am keeping an eye on her...

KaalaCoat thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

Not a twist that I expected but definitely loving it. Stupid police officer...*grumbling*

Moor278 thumbnail
Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 9

Wow... This is so interesting..

Where is Virat but? I thought he must be inside NICU 😆.

pluviophilejuly thumbnail
Anniversary 3 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Interesting..... Loving the twist. I was actually looking for virat.

Waiting for the next chapter!!!

MMR2810 thumbnail

Virat is ding everything for baby feeding diaper changing

Come on veeru

nikita05 thumbnail

Wow, sai and Virat both having connections with Shruti... interesting...both under radar?

Here, sai pulled a virat... knowing the security around the woman she went and talked to her, raising suspicion.

840837 thumbnail

Interesting! Keep'em coming.