Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Haiwan thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 2 years ago

Originally posted by: SmittenKitten

I don't know who or what Bajrang Dal is but people have the right to voice their concerns on something that's clearly offensive. There's a clear difference between a heinous crime being used as a joke vs when someone's just being a snowflake pest, and it only takes common sense to see the difference between the two.

Black comedy and satire frequently apply morbidity for humor. I disagree with you in that there is no clear difference and we frequently see among Bollywood audience that some or the other group gets "hurt" over some movie or other. And then they want some or the other scenes censored out or the entire movie itself banned.

I'd rather see the movie as is, so let's agree to disagree here.

khan.baba thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

SRk had the potential to do different kinds of cinema like he did in chak de india or even swades but he was typecast for romance only, when amir was doing a ghajni , srk was busy making rabne bana di jodi which is a stupid film ....and lately srk more focused on VFX and not the script

Rangaaa thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: FingerFetish

Dear Raj, I can differentiate between a neutral member and a hater. She’s neutral only when the topic isn’t comparing anyone to Elf Khan. Otherwise, no neutral person writes essay after essay insulting one person for 84 years. I go to sleep and wake up and she’s still going at it.

Also, just because I’m a SRK fan doesn’t mean I represent every idiot who’s his fan as well. Whether a fan lies about him or spurts nonsense is their problem, not mine. Everyone is welcome to call out on peoples bullshit. I’m not stopping them. 🤷🏽‍♀️ Also, I love Pakoras. Yummy food and an even more yummier man. 😆

I have written from my experience at this platform.She does write long post on any actor/ film.Like I said she has even bashed Aamir too.

@Smittenkitten

Autumn_Rose thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: SmittenKitten

I don't know who or what Bajrang Dal is but people have the right to voice their concerns on something that's clearly offensive. There's a clear difference between a heinous crime being used as a joke vs when someone's just being a snowflake pest, and it only takes common sense to see the difference between the two.

Bajrang dal people are like a gang that harass couples for celebrating Valentines Day as it's against "indian culture".

I don't even understand the comparison. Makes no sense.

🤢

Edited by Autumn_Rose - 2 years ago
1194442 thumbnail

Originally posted by: AdrakKombucha

Black comedy and satire frequently apply morbidity for humor. I disagree with you in that there is no clear difference and we frequently see among Bollywood audience that some or the other group gets "hurt" over some movie or other. And then they want some or the other scenes censored out or the entire movie itself banned.

I'd rather see the movie as is, so let's agree to disagree here.

Times and social acceptable speech/behavior change. If the movie had come out in the immediate aftermath of the Nirbhaya case, that speech would have looked not only problematic x 100 but it would have looked like an act of incitement. Do you disagree with that or do you think it would have been appropriate then too?

But since it came out before the social media got saturated with the metoo movement and before the conversation on the rape culture really took over the country, they were able to get away with it when it came out. That's the truth.

Because I was ignorant back then, I laughed at the speech, yup .... but I fully acknowledge how bad and how truly unacceptable the use of balatkaar in such a recklessness way is in hindsight. I also think we all need to get with today's social context instead of trying to push comedy of that nature. This is the same reason all those movies from the 90's are passe and totally problematic today--times change and so do people's thresholds.

Not all "jokes" need telling and I think the world of humor will do just fine without rape or at the very least, sticking to the victim's side when it is really needed for "artistic expression." Censorship is a different topic for a different day.

1194442 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Autumn_Rose

Bajrang dal people are like a gang that harass couples for celebrating Valentines Day as it's against "indian culture".

I don't even understand the comparison. Makes no sense.

🤢

Seriously?!!! 😆 I wish I could take the Bajrang dal people for a tour around Castro valley on V-day just to scandalize the heck out of them.

642126 thumbnail

Chalo atleast SRK topic (NOT related to his controversies and legal issues) finally reached more than 6 pages thanks to dragging Aamir Khan and his iconic films.

So sad how thread on SRK pic from Pathan has just 4 pages and no one is interested in it. And the only long running SRK topics are ones where disgruntled lot ranr against Aamir and his films or fantasize what if SRK did Aamir's iconic ATBBs. 🤣

A lot of this thread is case of sour grapes. Aamit bad, Hirani bad, personal attacks on fans and body shaming Aamir calling him elf. 🤣

The misery is real because no SRK film now is ever gonna beat 3 Idiots, Dangal, PK in critical acclaim and commercial records. He would be lucky if his next film is a clean hit. His fans used to think success of Ghajini, 3 Idiots, Dangal, PK, D3 is a fluke and their idol will easily cross these films' records. But none of it happened.

So keep dissing Aamir or make more what if threads to assuage the hurt. Any coping mechanism is fine. 🤣

Thank Aamir that SRK threads are crossing above 4 pages and it is not a legal case or controversy based thread. 🤣

Aal izz well. Keep calm and miss the 90s. 😙

1194442 thumbnail

Originally posted by: atominis

Aal izz well. Keep calm and miss the 90s. 😙

😆 what do you even want? Seriously, yes, we got the message that you hate SRK and love Aamir and you aren't having any of this comparison, which, btw was started by someone who probably doesn't even give a crap about Aamir or SRK. Cuz he only cares about Sonu. Perhaps if you can prove that Aamir has more Sonu playback songs than SRK, he will jump to your defense and you won't be so outnumbered and hence, so freaking belligerent?!!! I don't know, just a thought ... to help you c-o-p-e, with whatever's shitting you. 😆

642126 thumbnail

Leave it. She herself has been writing long essays bashing Aamir and making personal attacks at members.

I have criticised Aamir especially for films like Raja Hindustani which I had once asked why it succeeded and I feel it was not worthy of being ATBB.

But I need not justify myself to newer members ready to make personal attacks and body shaming other actors and trashing even their legit good work. When you use words like 'elf' or 'midget' it is clear who is really a basher.

These multiple threads dragging other stars' films and 'what ifs' are usually done by SRK and Ash fans to diss other stars. It has been going on for decades now and is boring.

Anyway I did not want to respond to this thread further but thanks for speaking for me. I am least bothered about insinuations and assumptions of any user here.

Edited by atominis - 2 years ago
Kyahikahoon thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail IPL 2024 Participants 2 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: surajhere

I cannot imagine SRK as Phunsuk Wangdu or Munnabhai MBBS but neither can I imagine Aamir Khan or Sunjay Dutt as Raj Malhotra from DDLJ .

Aamir can easily do DDLJ..he has played the lover boy in QSQT, Dil, Dil hai ki Maanta nahi, HHPK and quite a few other films..and did it quite well