Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

fruitshake thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 2 years ago

Raees 2017 Wallpapers | Raees 2017 HD Images | Photos raees1-16 - Bollywood Hungama

👏

and everything in between....

Stop typecasting him as a romantic hero....he excels in negative roles equally...that he is versatile and carries out both with equal conviction is another story......bahut hua SRK can't do this or do that....he can do everything and anything...❤️

Srk was sooo excellent ⭐️ as Raees!!! My favorite film of his from the last decade. I was doing this👏everytime he appeared on the film. I Don't watch action films like every other tiger shroff film, war, saaho and many other bland movies etc. Srk on the other hand in Raees provided such a nuanced compelling performance with top notch acting without doing faaltu ke gymnastics. He deserved so much appreciation for his performance and the film also should have been appreciated more.

fruitshake thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

That Phunsuk Wangru or Rancho was such a vile character. I hated how he changed the words to make the rape joke. It was so pathetic and not at all funny 🤢It's clear how he has no empathy for women. And this vile man and alleged rap**t Rajkumar Hirani always degrades women in his movies be it this movie, white washing movie Sanju, or his other films. I hate how people especially men regard him highly due to his facade of being a good man with his average films. Srk deserves much better than working with this disgusting person. Stay away from him hirani😡

Alpenliebe thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6

Why not? Shahrukh nailed Kabir Khan in chak de. Why not 3 idiots? And to be frank Aamir's role isn't something path breaking. For me it was Chatur. Aamir khan as always preachy and over the top. Shahrukh would have added his own charm. Ainwayi wo superstar nahi hai khali lover boy play karke.

642126 thumbnail

3 Idiots has made many fans of so called kings insecure thanks to its worldwide collections, critical acclaim. It made it to IMDB Top 250 and is one of highest rated indian films on IMDb. It even opened markets like China for Indian films and became highest grossing Indian film in China.

Hehe. Understandable that ones who never did such record breaking, iconic films and are flopping since last 7 years - they and their disgruntled PR will bash 3 Idiots and Aamir or give credit to even Mona Singh or the pups in 3 Idiots for its success.

I have been seeing such whining for decade now with disgruntled PR either claiming all films were offered to SRK or downplaying BO success and critical acclaim of Aamir's films or giving credit to nobodies like Gracy Singh or Sharman or Madhavan for Aamir's hits.

LMAO! Who is Madhavan? He was hit only in South. In rest of India he is only known as guy who was sidekick to Aamir in RDB, 3 Idiots and to Kangana in TWM series.

Even a flop actress like Kangana got him to play sidekick in her films.

The balatkar speech is not a rape joke but written to illustrate that learning by rote and without understanding is disastrous. Of course Hirani should have used other words to give this lesson but the speech is not meant to be a rape joke.

Anyway it is Aamir who gets invited to China and people love Rancho. No one invites Omi Vaidya or Madhavan or Sharman there. Aamir kept giving bigger hits like PK, Dangal, Dhoom 3 later while Sharman, Omi and Madhavan are nowhere now.

The fact is that every film has its type of actors that suit it.

SRK can only do QSQT, Dil, Dil Hai ki Manta nahi, Raja Hindustani, Fanaa type fluff films of Aamir. He is misfit for Lagaan, RDB, TZP, Dangal, Sarfarosh, AAA, Earth, 3 Idiots, Talaash, PK.

Lulz at giving examples of flops like Raees.

But disgruntled fans and PR can have fun claiming X, Y, Z film was offered to 'King' or that all films which did MUCH better, critically and commercially are trash.

Such repetitive comments and topics have been around for decade. It does not matter at all in real life.

There is a reason why these iconic films are successes and modern day classics. Audience and critics loved them. Their cast is perfect, no matter what one says.

These films changed face of Indian cinema and proved even a film without foreign locations, naach gaana and puja songs, wedding scenes, love triangles or action, villains etc can break records.

Cope. Cope harder. No one else could have done 3 Idiots and pulled off that kind of global success with it the way Aamir did. Originator of 200 crore club.

642126 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Arsalan_khan

Oh I forgot ram from main hoon na was a collage student but he was an army major too :p he got to the collage just to stalk sushmita sen... 😃

Even as a army or air force man SRK has to do romantic scenes mainly. MHN, Veer Zaara are examples.

As a cop in One 2 Ka 4 also he was mainly doing romantic scenes with Juhi.

Had he done 3 Idiots we all know it would be more focused on love story with Kareena and not message of the film. So I am glad he did not ruin 3 Idiots. And spared the audience.

Rangaaa thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

You are cashing in on an already discussed hot topic just a few days ago.😆

642126 thumbnail

Originally posted by: raj80

You are cashing in on an already discussed hot topic just a few days ago.😆

Not few days ago alone. The disgruntled PR has been whining for 20 years claiming iconic Aamir hits were offered to SRK and his fans claiming those films were crap or that SRK would have been better in them.

The topics like these began from Lagaan itself on various forums, Yahoo and Orkut groups etc.

These topics are stale and reek of latent envy, frustration.

1194442 thumbnail

Originally posted by: AdrakKombucha

In my opinion there is nothing wrong in the usage of balatkar in that scene. They didn't show anyone indulging in any disgusting activity, it was a word play for humor.

If our sentiments get hurt at such artistic expressions then we won't really have a face to laugh at Bajrang Dal when they launch their next attack on a Bollywood movie for hurting their sentiments.

The fact that balatkaar, that level of aggression exists, and women are mostly the victims while men are mostly the perpetrators, is already bad enough. Foisting that word in a speech for shits and giggles is actually a creative lapse, not a necessity.

Some points to think about:

Those rape jokes were cracked so unabashedly in a school that's predominantly male and where there's no room for the actual victims to laugh.

What exactly was the source of humor when he made those rape jokes? does it do anything to empower rape victims or question the preexisting rape culture? I don't think so, I think it does quite the opposite, rather, by using rape as a hyperbole, the ultimate aggression you can possibly inflict on someone, to mock the sadist professor who gets off on torturing his students. And oh, because it rhymed with chamatkaar!

They couldn't come up with a more aggressive word, so they chose balatkaar, a word that packs a punch because of how heinous the word really is-- it's a creative shortcoming on their part, not a "perfect" joke where the word balatkaar was absolutely needed for the "artistic expression." If you rewatch Chatur's speech, it was just as funny without the use of balatkaar.

I don't know who or what Bajrang Dal is but people have the right to voice their concerns on something that's clearly offensive. There's a clear difference between a heinous crime being used as a joke vs when someone's just being a snowflake pest, and it only takes common sense to see the difference between the two.

1194442 thumbnail

Originally posted by: atominis

3 Idiots has made many fans of so called kings insecure thanks to its worldwide collections, critical acclaim. It made it to IMDB Top 250 and is one of highest rated indian films on IMDb. It even opened markets like China for Indian films and became highest grossing Indian film in China.

Hehe. Understandable that ones who never did such record breaking, iconic films and are flopping since last 7 years - they and their disgruntled PR will bash 3 Idiots and Aamir or give credit to even Mona Singh or the pups in 3 Idiots for its success.

I have been seeing such whining for decade now with disgruntled PR either claiming all films were offered to SRK or downplaying BO success and critical acclaim of Aamir's films or giving credit to nobodies like Gracy Singh or Sharman or Madhavan for Aamir's hits.

LMAO! Who is Madhavan? He was hit only in South. In rest of India he is only known as guy who was sidekick to Aamir in RDB, 3 Idiots and to Kangana in TWM series.

Even a flop actress like Kangana got him to play sidekick in her films.

The balatkar speech is not a rape joke but written to illustrate that learning by rote and without understanding is disastrous. Of course Hirani should have used other words to give this lesson but the speech is not meant to be a rape joke.

Anyway it is Aamir who gets invited to China and people love Rancho. No one invites Omi Vaidya or Madhavan or Sharman there. Aamir kept giving bigger hits like PK, Dangal, Dhoom 3 later while Sharman, Omi and Madhavan are nowhere now.

The fact is that every film has its type of actors that suit it.

SRK can only do QSQT, Dil, Dil Hai ki Manta nahi, Raja Hindustani, Fanaa type fluff films of Aamir. He is misfit for Lagaan, RDB, TZP, Dangal, Sarfarosh, AAA, Earth, 3 Idiots, Talaash, PK.

Lulz at giving examples of flops like Raees.

But disgruntled fans and PR can have fun claiming X, Y, Z film was offered to 'King' or that all films which did MUCH better, critically and commercially are trash.

Such repetitive comments and topics have been around for decade. It does not matter at all in real life.

There is a reason why these iconic films are successes and modern day classics. Audience and critics loved them. Their cast is perfect, no matter what one says.

These films changed face of Indian cinema and proved even a film without foreign locations, naach gaana and puja songs, wedding scenes, love triangles or action, villains etc can break records.

Cope. Cope harder. No one else could have done 3 Idiots and pulled off that kind of global success with it the way Aamir did. Originator of 200 crore club.

No one is insecure here. I only see two Aamir fans repeating the same old diatribe in every SRK thread even when SRK isn't posing any threat to Aamir as of today. If anything, this sounds like a longstanding bitterness pouring out cuz they finally got the chance to knock SRK who overshadowed their favorite Aamir for the longest time during his heydays. 🤔

642126 thumbnail

Balatkar speech is not a rape joke but intended to convey disasters of rote learning without understanding the meaning. Though even Hirani later agreed he could have used better examples to teach lesson to Chatur in the film.

Anyway those who are okay with dialogues like 'lagta hai aaj meri izzat lutne wali hai' by a giggly SRK in Chennai Express and homophobic jokes in Kal Ho Na Ho better not act holier than thou over Hirani films.