Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

423728 thumbnail
Posted: 2 years ago

Originally posted by: SmittenKitten

I love Madhavan too, I think he's a brilliant actor.

Not to mention that chanting "aall izz welll" with a hand to your heart while vacuuming a baby out of a woman's womb is not exactly the kind of climax you want for a brilliant piece of art! 😆 I repeat VACUUMING a baby with a vacuum cleaner out of a woman's body..... a woman who's in labor!!!

Conveniently enough, that got that incorrigible sc%%bag virus professor to have an epiphany when his own student jumping off a building didn't thaw his frozen, callous soul?

Not to mention that God awful speech on balatkaar pe balatkaar that would have people rallying up to protest and vandalize movie theaters today. People act like 3 idiots was some masterpiece with no flaws just cuz it was a pathbreaker of sorts at the time and went on to make tons of money but honestly, it was full of stuff, both problematic and downright silly, that wouldn't fly today. Some people are just completely losing perspective in their blind Aamir fangirling.

I’m just as shocked at myself for having rewatched this movie like 100 times. You’re absolutely right. Watching 3 Idiots today wouldn’t generate the same feelings. Now some of the shit looks plain stupid, especially the vacuum baby. The baby even resuscitated back to life after they chanted the magical aal iz well return-to-life-spell. 😆

The only scenes that are still worth watching is where Madhavan stole the show. His reactions when they went to Rastogi’s house to eat his mothers food, and the hospital scene when Madhavan was horrified at the prospect of having to marry Rastogi’s sister was just brilliant. 🤣

Rekha_ji thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: FingerFetish

3 Idiots didn’t just solely belong to Aamir Khan (sorry to disappoint the wishful thinkers). Madhavan was the true star of the show for me. His comic timing and inner monologues had me wheezing throughout the film. Without the supporting characters, nobody would give two shits about Phunsuk Wangru. 🤗

We all seem to be forgetting the real GOAT of 3I was Mona Singh, without her, the film would not be what it is today. Even Rajkumar Hirani said so on Koffee With Karan.

All jokes aside, I think if SRK did the film, it would have been fine. It's just that Aamir was so good that it's hard to imagine anyone else in the role.

Other examples:

If Aishwarya Rai had done Kuch Kuch Hota Hai as the college bomb in 1997, and someone showed you a picture of Rani Mukerji from the publicity stills of Raja Ki Aayegi Baraat, you would have laughed.

Similarly, Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam was written with Madhuri in mind and even offered to Kajol, before Kareena was even signed and paid for the film. But it's hard to imagine anyone else in the role of Nandini. At the same time, I'm sure Madhuri and Kajol would have done a splendid job if they done the film.

Kal Ho Naa Ho was written with Kajol in mind, rejected by Kareena Kapoor, but ultimately Preity did the role so well that it's hard to imagine anyone else as Naina Catherine Kapoor. Of course Kajol and Kareena are considered better actresses and would have also done the role well, in their own ways.

Coming back to SRK, I think the film and character would've been quite different if he done it, but equally special. And if so, we would be sitting here saying "Aamir could not have done 3 Idiots".

Edited by Rekha_ji - 2 years ago
1194442 thumbnail

Originally posted by: FingerFetish

I’m just as shocked at myself for having rewatched this movie like 100 times. You’re absolutely right. Watching 3 Idiots today wouldn’t generate the same feelings. Now some of the shit looks plain stupid, especially the vacuum baby. The baby even resuscitated back to life after they chanted the magical aal iz well return-to-life-spell. 😆

The only scenes that are still worth watching is where Madhavan stole the show. His reactions when they went to Rastogi’s house to eat his mothers food, and the hospital scene when Madhavan was horrified at the prospect of having to marry Rastogi’s sister was just brilliant. 🤣

omg, now that you mentioned rastogi's house, that khulji wali roti had me howling with laughter and cringe at the same time 😆

Edited by SmittenKitten - 2 years ago
423728 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Rekha_ji

We all seem to be forgetting the real GOAT of 3I was Mona Singh, without her, the film would not be what it is today. Even Rajkumar Hirani said so on Koffee With Karan.

All jokes aside, I think if SRK did the film, it would have been fine. It's just that Aamir was so good that it's hard to imagine anyone else in the role.

Other examples:

If Aishwarya Rai had done Kuch Kuch Hota Hai as the college bomb in 1997, and someone showed you a picture of Rani Mukerji from the publicity stills of Raja Ki Aayegi Baraat, you would have laughed.

Similarly, Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam was written with Madhuri in mind and even offered to Kajol, before Kareena was even signed and paid for the film. But it's hard to imagine anyone else in the role of Nandini. At the same time, I'm sure Madhuri and Kajol would have done a splendid job if they done the film.

Kal Ho Naa Ho was written with Kajol in mind, rejected by Kareena Kapoor, but ultimately Preity did the role so well that it's hard to imagine anyone else as Naina Catherine Kapoor. Of course Kajol and Kareena are considered better actresses and would have also done the role well, in their own ways.

Coming back to SRK, I think the film and character would've been quite different if he done it, but equally special. And if so, we would be sitting here saying "Aamir could not have done 3 Idiots".

Rekha Ji, you’re not only beautiful but intelligent as well. Couldn’t have said it better myself. ❤️😍

loginidran thumbnail
Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

I love Madhavan too, I think he's a brilliant actor.

Not to mention that chanting "aall izz welll" with a hand to your heart while vacuuming a baby out of a woman's womb is not exactly the kind of climax you want for a brilliant piece of art! 😆 I repeat VACUUMING a baby with a vacuum cleaner out of a woman's body..... a woman who's in labor!!!

Conveniently enough, that got that incorrigible sc%%bag virus professor to have an epiphany when his own student jumping off a building didn't thaw his frozen, callous soul?

Not to mention that God awful speech on balatkaar pe balatkaar that would have people rallying up to protest and vandalize movie theaters today. People act like 3 idiots was some masterpiece with no flaws just cuz it was a pathbreaker of sorts at the time and went on to make tons of money but honestly, it was full of stuff, both problematic and downright silly, that wouldn't fly today. Some people are just completely losing perspective in their blind Aamir fangirling.

Confession time!

I know I am going to disappoint you all with this, but I thought that was the most hilarious bit in the movie at that time and laughed the loudest, not once but even after multiple times. And it wasn’t just me. The theater that I watched in was going crazy with people falling off their seats and what not. :/

1194442 thumbnail

Originally posted by: catchmeifucan

Confession time!

I know I am going to disappoint you all with this, but I thought that was the most hilarious bit in the movie at that time and laughed the loudest, not once but even after multiple times. And it wasn’t just me. The theater that I watched in was going crazy with people falling off their seats and what not. :/

I was laughing too, cuz it didn't occur to me how triggering that word can be at that time! the movement against sexual violence wasn't quite in the picture like it is right now either.

Chatur's expressions during the speech were on point too, and there were many other parts that made it funny, including the timing and the context, and it would be just as hilarious even if they replace the word balatkaar with something else, in our defense.😆

Haiwan thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

I was laughing too, cuz it didn't occur to me how triggering that word can be at that time! the movement against sexual violence wasn't quite in the picture like it is right now either.

Chatur's expressions during the speech were on point too, and there were many other parts that made it funny, including the timing and the context, and it would be just as hilarious even if they replace the word balatkaar with something else, in our defense.😆

In my opinion there is nothing wrong in the usage of balatkar in that scene. They didn't show anyone indulging in any disgusting activity, it was a word play for humor.

If our sentiments get hurt at such artistic expressions then we won't really have a face to laugh at Bajrang Dal when they launch their next attack on a Bollywood movie for hurting their sentiments.

423728 thumbnail

Originally posted by: catchmeifucan

Confession time!

Not disappointing me for sure. I was also laughing at the cinemas and so was everyone else. The whole cinema was in splits. I had tears running down my face from laughing so hard. Of course, I didn’t really consider the insensitivity of the joke at that time. But now the joke hasn’t aged well and I feel uncomfortable for ever having found it funny to begin with.

SRK aces in this...❤️

Karan Johar Week Discussion Post: Which is His Sexiest Couple? | dontcallitbollywood

to this...😎

Raees 2017 Wallpapers | Raees 2017 HD Images | Photos raees1-16 - Bollywood Hungama

and everything in between....

Stop typecasting him as a romantic hero....he excels in negative roles equally...that he is versatile and carries out both with equal conviction is another story......bahut hua SRK can't do this or do that....he can do everything and anything...❤️

khan.baba thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: atominis

Not in a million years.

SRK could never do Rancho/Phunsuk Wangdu at 40. Nor could anyone else. It belonged to Aamir alone who aced it perfectly.

3 Idiots is a film with pitch perfect casting and good acting by each actor in characters they got. This is why it became so huge and its each character became famous back in 2009.

SRK is best suited to lover roles. Probably would get Hirani to add more songs and ronantic scenes with principal's daughter or add Kantaben jokes with male co stars rather than focus on message of the film. We all know what happens in films which show SRK in school or college - it becomes all about art of love or crush on classmates and teachers. 🤣

Oh I forgot ram from main hoon na was a collage student but he was an army major too :p he got to the collage just to stalk sushmita sen... 😃