Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

JackSparrowcraz thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 2 years ago

Originally posted by: Journey95

Baazigar is more iconic than Akshay's whole filmography, maybe Hera Pheri comes close..that's it. 

Baazigar is only iconic in SRK's residence whereas Hera Pheri is iconic across the world.

SRK fans are cringe.

Edited by JackSparrowcraz - 2 years ago
atominis thumbnail

Originally posted by: harun98

Sangharsh was underrated although a remake of silence of Lamb but that movie was turning point from stunt hero to serious acting. khan fans excluding salman dont like those actors who are single sreen stars who make movies for common man, because their movies are catered for the rich people and never show the poorer side of the india.

Mainly SRK and Ranbir do films aimed at rich NRIs or urban middle class primarily.

Salman, Akshay, Ajay, Aamir have regularly done films catering to single screen audience or played rural or small town characters. 

Films like Lagaan, Rangeela, Dabangg, Bandhan, Judwa, Baaghi, Love, Raja Hindustani, Gangajal, Ishq, Omkara, Sarfarosh, Veergati, Ghulam, Tere Naam, Bodyguard, Khiladi series, Mohra, Aankhen, Hera Pheri, Andaz Apna Apna etc are not based on rich or urban class. 

In recent years even Saif has done films like Omkara, Aarakshan, to cater to common masses and not just limited himself to rich NRIs or urban elites. 

So we cannot generalise all Khans as rich guy idols only.

Hrithik has also done films like Agneepath, Fiza, KNPH, Super 30, in which he caters to masses and not typical rich NRI or urban elite audience. 

Ranveer has also done Gunday, Gully Boy, Simmba to connect with masses and single screens and did not keep himself limited to urban elite base.

atominis thumbnail

for me akshay has had the best filmography last decade, he changed himself and made movies like Special chabbis, OMG, baby, Airlift, Rustom, Padman, Kesari, Mission Mangal. The list is quite large for a decade and even won national award for airlift. All successful, and different, MM first space research movie.

Aamir has PK, Dangal, D3 that are all ATBBs and PK and Dangal are quality content as well. 

Ajay has Tanhaji, Drishyam, Golmaal and Singham series which prove his versatility, commercial success and Drishyam is good content.

But I agree Akshay has experimented a lot and turned over a new leaf. The kind of films he attempted in last decade were unexpected from him earlier in 90s and 2000s. 

He deserves full credit for reinventing himself when he was typecast as just a stunt hero or comedian.

Saif and Hrithik are others who have attempted good work in last decade like Aarakshan, Super 30.

All Khans should not be dragged down just due to crap films of one in decline. 

Originally posted by: JackSparrowcraz

Baazigar is only iconic in SRK's residence whereas Hera Pheri is iconic across the world.

SRK fans are cringe.

Says the resident SRK hater..I'm sure you aren't biased lol. Baazigar is a classic. Obviously it has less mass appeal than something like Hera Pheri because its dark.

But even then DDLJ, KKHH, K3G etc. are all way more iconic than Hera Pheri and every other Akshay movie (or is freaking Padman somehow more well known or Airlift etc.? lol). They are literally known to Bollywood fans worldwide. But I'm sure you will again disagree

for me akshay has had the best filmography last decade, he changed himself and made movies like Special chabbis, OMG, baby, Airlift, Rustom, Padman, Kesari, Mission Mangal. The list is quite large for a decade and even won national award for airlift. All successful, and different, MM first space research movie.

If we kept making movies like Special 26 I would agree, that was something really engaging and different. Same for OMG. The rest of his filmography is mostly just playing the same role in different settings with a heavy dose of patriotism which is not bad but once the formula is obvious it gets old. 

His 2000s filmography was better overall. People still love his movies with Priyadarshan (like hera Pheri, Garam Masala), meanwhile I barely see anyone talking about his 2010s movies apart from OMG and Airlift. It's all too similiar. If he actually took his time instead of delivering 4+ movies every year it would be better.

See Aamir's filmography since Rang de basanti

Edited by Journey95 - 2 years ago
SunoNa123 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

Yes its a classic, just because some snobs on the internet like to hate on popular older movies doesn't mean they aren't loved by most people (certainly more than any Akshay or Ajay movie ever)

Akshay's comedy movies from the 2000s definitely have replay value but that's mostly it. In the last decade his only good movies were Special 26 and Airlift, rest is low effort comedy crap like Houseful or desh bhakti garbage where he plays the same character again and again

@bold: wow, Some fans cant seem to take other opinions which doesn match with theirs... Such blind fanatism is absolutely cringe worthy.

Kyahikahoon thumbnail
IPL 2024 Match Winner 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 15 Thumbnail + 3

theres khans and roshan, Bachchans and then there is kumar and devgn. Both of those actors strived to this status without the backing of godfathers and big name producers. rose above constant negativity and bad publicity but still was able to achieved the success against all those odds and make a name for themselves. Akki had a hgoty pending where he was unlucky many times and finally most likely got his careers first hgoty, in addition to winning best actor national award which is bigger than all his achievements. An actor once described as wooden furniture wins best actor 20 years later. Have to give both of them credit for achieving and surviving in a competitive industry where they had all odds stacked against them with khans and roshan who had big support and still managed the unexpected.

John and Akshay both were described wooden back then..but have always found them expressive even in their older movies..specially Akshay did well in flamboyant, mischievous roles.

Only actor I found somewhat wooden was Sunil shetty

Originally posted by: SunoNa...

@bold: wow, Some fans cant seem to take other opinions which doesn match with theirs... Such blind fanatism is absolutely cringe worthy.

Nope, this is about who has the more iconic movies overall..not personal opinions. I don't care if people here bash those movies but fact is they are some of the most iconic and popular movies in Bollywood history

JackSparrowcraz thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Says the resident SRK hater..I'm sure you aren't biased lol. Baazigar is a classic. Obviously it has less mass appeal than something like Hera Pheri because its dark.

But even then DDLJ, KKHH, K3G etc. are all way more iconic than Hera Pheri and every other Akshay movie (or is freaking Padman somehow more well known or Airlift etc.? lol). They are literally known to Bollywood fans worldwide. But I'm sure you will again disagree

Gauri,Aryan or Suhana?Is it you?

K3G is memeworthy not iconic nor classic.Apart from DDLJ,none are iconic.Hera Pheri is iconic.The films you have mentioned are iconic in SRK's residence.

Kyahikahoon thumbnail
IPL 2024 Match Winner 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 15 Thumbnail + 3

Some of Akshay's movies off late..since 2015

Airlift - Adaptation of real life incident 

Baby - Spy movie

Brothers - sports drama

Singh is bling - comedy

House full 3 and 4 - comedy

Rustom - Real life crime adaptation

Jolly LLB - comedy

TEPK - social issue 

Padman - social issue

Mission Mangal - real life adaptation, Science

Kesari - based on real incident 

2.0 - social cause, science fiction

Good newwz - comedy/entertainer

Sooryavanshi - masala entertainer

Atrangi re - entertainer 

Of these at most 4 can be classified as patriotic (someone called it garbage..seriously???? What mindset) .. unless u count social issues as patriotism and not basic needs