Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

atominis thumbnail
Posted: 2 years ago

Not all actors start out as child artistes. I think Jhanvi is here for timepass and because she wanted to do what her mom did. I do not find her talented, her voice is bad and her looks are not even nice girl next door type. She has spoiled her face so much that her expressions are hard to notice. I wonder what was need to get that much work done on face at such a young age.

Atleast Sridevi had one successful surgery in 80s which made her look way more beautiful. 

I do not think Jhanvi has it in her to make it as an actor. She was not even as likeable as Sara is in her interviews and Sara has a stable voice, good command over Hindi that Jhanvi does not have. 

I have never liked Jhanvi in any film, ad or photo or interview nor I see potential in her. She does not even grow on the viewer if watched repeatedly IMO. 

She is a very ordinary girl and would not get movies and ads if not for her lineage. 

In looks even Ananya is better than her and is easy on the eyes. 

I do not think Jhanvi will go that far. Fairy godfather Karan Johar can keep pushing her as much as he wants but Jhanvi is no Alia and will not grow like her either. Alia was atleast cute. Jhanvi is not even that.

Finally she is nowhere near her mother and can never be like her either so it will be better if social media, fans and her own PR stopped posting pics to liken her to her mother or compare them in any way. 

Jhanvi would be like Esha if Karan Johar did not take her under his wings. Flop show. 

Hazardous thumbnail

There is nothing Sridevi about Jhanvi. She is all Boney Kapoor.

WhiteNights thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

Khushi looks more like Sri and is also the more attractive one.

Having said that, I think Jahnvi is pretty too. I find her eyes really beautiful and she looks stunning in some of the photos with the right styling and makeup. I like her in advertisements. Haven’t watched any of her movies so cannot comment on acting talent yet.

atominis thumbnail

Actually both girls resemble their dad way more than Sridevi. 

Khushi's eye area kind of looks like Sridevi but her face is like her dad overall.

They cannot be compared to their mom at all in any department. I hope they have a better personal life than her though.

I find these 'like mother like daughter' posts repulsive and I feel the more Jhanvi and Khushi are compared to Sridevi the more people will dislike them. 

Kapoors should have learnt from mistakes of Deols. All those mother and daughter photo shoots and ads of Hema, Esha and Ahana only led people to praise Hema more and diss the daughters who were indeed not as good looking or charismatic as her. Media and crowds also paid more attention to Hema and Esha began to sulk and leave the venue as reporters were more interested in Hema than Esha or any of her projects.

Sridevi is no more and cannot do photo shoots or ads with her girls. But putting their pics together to compare mom and daughter is only counter productive as people will praise Sridevi more and instantly say daughters are no match for the mother. 

And people remember deceased icons even more fondly, especially if they died an untimely death. So these Sridevi-Jhanvi-Khushi pics only get Sri praised more and people saying daughters cannot fill shoes of their legendary mom.

It will be better if Jhanvi and Khushi do their own thing rather than posing or dressing like mom or attempting to recreate Sri's looks and characters and stop trying to use fame and reflected glory of legendary mom to seek attention for themselves. Fans, PR agencies and media should also stop comparing or likening the the mother and daughters. There is no way anyone can match legendary stars and actors like Sridevi. So stay in your own lane and try to do the best you can. 

BaaltiTorDee thumbnail

Originally posted by: ASlove

Jhanvi looks better than her sister in my opinion. Unpopular opinion I guess. Also she looks more like her mum than her sister too.

That is not a compliment though 😆

BaaltiTorDee thumbnail

Comparing this wannabe to her iconic mum is such an insult to her mum. Poor Sridevi must be rolling in her grave. 

ramita94 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3

People have a habit of comparing mothers with daughters and sons with father when they can look nothing alike. You can look like either parent or neither.

harun98 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Autumn_Rose

Sridevi had a lot of surgeries too. Jahnavi has gone a bit different way cuz of her kardashian obsession but that will probably work for her now. She isn’t that great an actress but who knows, may improve with time. I think she can do well in the industry.. she fits the stereotype type of current gen looks wise.

Her daughters have actually take after her looks wise, before and after surgery. SriDevi wasn’t all that beautiful without any surgery:

sridevi is 14 or 15 in this pic during julie and she looks a lot more cuter and better than madhuri in the same age. why not post a pic of madhuri same age.

BaaltiTorDee thumbnail

Originally posted by: ramita94

People have a habit of comparing mothers with daughters and sons with father when they can look nothing alike. You can look like either parent or neither.

You can look like either parent or a mix of both. But it is impossible that you look like neither. 

atominis thumbnail

In this pic too only Sridevi's nose is too pakoda type. Otherwise her eyes are beautiful and cute round face looks adorable. 

It is no surprise that she only had one nose job done and began to look way better.

Unlike her daughter who has been getting unnecessary work done on her face and looks more plastic than any good. 

As for X factor or charisma, you either have it or you don't. Sridevi had electrifying screen presence. She made a mark as a child star because of her screen presence and cuteness. Jhanvi does not have that X factor. 

Nor the adorable child woman image that Sridevi managed to pull off so well. 

I can never imagine Jhanvi doing Sadma, Mr India, Chaalbaaz, Nagina, Chandni. Or even that one song in Jaanbaaz. 

Her mom's later work is beyond her league. Even her early work is beyond her reach. Sridevi was that lady who overshadowed none other than Amitabh and Rajinikanth in her films onscreen. Other ladies hardly managed to keep up with charisma of their male co stars. Sridevi outshone biggest stars ever. 

Foolhardy for fans or PR to keep comparing mom and daughter when daughters cannot fill mom's shoes at all no matter how much they try and how much K Jo promotes them.