Rajpal Yadav carried chup chup ke on his back

J3601 thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 2 years ago

i swear Rajpal did all the heavy lifting in that movie yet Shahid Kapoor gets all the credit

it was Rajpal, Shakti Kapoor, Paresh rawal and then Om puri

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

1159628 thumbnail

Shahid was fine but Rajpal definitely shined the most alongside Paresh Rawal. Overall a great underrated movie honestly, not sure why it flopped.

Maybe it needed Akshay in Shahid's role lol.

Nishita123 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 5

Couldn’t agree more.

Fun movie and RY was really good 😆

JayaBachan thumbnail

OMG. He was iconic in this movie. These two scenes still makes me tear up from laughter.

https://youtu.be/YLKNxza1Qx8

https://youtu.be/P68K7qFQxIY

moonv thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

I still remember this film being pitted with Phir Hera Pheri and that's one of the reasons.

Shahid wasn't an actor whom people would watch in theatres. He was equally good but he has been underrated throughout his career.

Edited by moonv - 2 years ago
1194442 thumbnail

Rajpal Yadav is actually a pretty good actor even when he's not doing his silly monkey antics. 😆

I recently watched this movie with him as the lead actor, Main Meri Patni or Woh where he plays this short, insecure guy who marries a gorgeous, taller girl completely out of his league. He can't believe his luck that a girl like her even agreed to marry him, and once they do, the entire movie follows how his insecurities wreak havoc on his life. He cooks up this amazing khichdi in his head every time his wife interacts with another guy from the milkman to the rickshaw wala to decent looking male friends and jumps to worst possible conclusions. I think that movie was hilarious while keeping it real and worth a watch.

Festival thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Anniversary 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: SmittenKitten

Rajpal Yadav is actually a pretty good actor even when he's not doing his silly monkey antics. 😆

I recently watched this movie with him as the lead actor, Main Meri Patni or Woh where he plays this short, insecure guy who marries a gorgeous, taller girl completely out of his league. He can't believe his luck that a girl like her even agreed to marry him, and once they do, the entire movie follows how his insecurities wreak havoc on his life. He cooks up this amazing khichdi in his head every time his wife interacts with another guy from the milkman to the rickshaw wala to decent looking male friends and jumps to worst possible conclusions. I think that movie was hilarious while keeping it real and worth a watch.

I am going to watch this on the weekend. Thank you 🤗

Nishita123 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 5

No one talked about Sunil Sherry’s dance in dil vich Lagiya ve? 😆

Edited by Nishita123 - 2 years ago
FilmiDhun thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 6

Well, I actually thought Shahid was very cute in the dumb/mute guy role in Chup chup ke. He did what was required for the role.

But yes, it is the comic timing of actors like Rajpal Yadav, Om Puri, Paresh Rawal, Asrani and Shakti Kapoor that made early 2000s Priyadarshan comedies so memorable. Have watched Chup Chup ke, malaamal weekly and hulchul countless times on lazy Sunday afternoons with family. ⭐️

642126 thumbnail

That film is watchable only due to Rajpal, Om Puri, Paresh, Shakti Kapoor etc.

Shahid paled in comparison. I never heard of Shahid getting credit for this film. Or any film for that matter except Kaminey and Kabir Singh.

Shahid IMO is the most overrated actor in history of Indian cinema and got way too many chances despite his flops.

In initial stages of his career he was a poor copy of SRK, always trying to mimic him or copy his hairstyle and expressions like a wannabe.

If not for that affair with Bebo and films like JWM or rumour of affair with Amrita, he would have been forgotten in 2000s.