Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

RaniPreityAish thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 2 years ago

Originally posted by: Talis

He'd probably have taken it if he hadn't been the co lead in the original - and one of his rare hits as a lead. This is obviously more of a step down. He wound up filming The Big Bull around the same time. In hindsight not a good choice.

I mean he took Dhoom 3 where he was more a background character than anything else and that was a much more obvious step down imo. I still believe it is mainly because Rani does not have good relations with the Bachchans.

Along with the fact that ever since Rani married Adi, rumors are that YRF will not do any more Dhoom movies because of the Bachchans.

Talis thumbnail
Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: RaniPreityAish

I mean he took Dhoom 3 where he was more a background character than anything else and that was a much more obvious step down imo. I still believe it is mainly because Rani does not have good relations with the Bachchans.

Along with the fact that ever since Rani married Adi, rumors are that YRF will not do any more Dhoom movies because of the Bachchans.

Hardly comparable sequels. Dhoom is an enormous franchise and really not something he could afford to walk away from no matter how much Aamir downgraded his role. I doubt that was personal by Adi since Uday's role also got kneecapped.

YRF could easily reboot the Dhoom franchise with a younger cast or just change out Abi if Adi wanted to. He hasn't been the main draw in the franchise even in the first where he had his strongest role. The last film even with huge B.O. had a meh reaction so I could see YRF not being in a rush to make #4. After all they waited 7 years between 2 and 3.

PangaNaLe thumbnail
Own Your Stories Participant 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

Isn't Abhishek the one who lost his cool when asked by a reporter why he only takes supporting roles and not lead ones? Sounds like playing Rani's sidekick would be right up his alley.

I have the same reply for you that I had for Rekhaji.

snatch thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3

i like abhishek and always felt happy when his movies worked. nevertheless i believe yrf didnt cast him because he has no market value.

abhishek failed to reinvent or change, sadly.

diasingh2 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

What I actually don't understand is that why are people so 'upset' not being in the film.

Actresses get replaced in sequels ALL THE TIME, and no one raises an eyebrow

And where does all this info that Rani has a BEST role among all 4 is coming from?

From the promos/trailers, it certainly doesn't looks so that she has a meatier role than others. I think all are being given equal weightage, despite Rani practically owning YRF now

Also, Rani's acting calibre is better than Abhishek/Saif, so obviously it looks like she is stealing the limelight (inadvertently), but I don't think Saif's part is any way 'smaller' or less substantial than Rani's.

I loved Abhishek in Breathe: into the shadows last year, but he would suck in a commercial film like B&B. It's not his forte either. So, I have absolutely no qualms about Saif being the Bunty.

If the film is a direct continuation of B&B1, then they could shoehorn an explanation for Abhishek's absence and Saif being the new 'Bunty'.

Edited by diasingh2 - 2 years ago
6-Feet-Apart thumbnail
Anniversary 3 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: TrollikaDevi

"Aishwarya has been publicly badmouthing Rani for the past 18 years ". That never happened .

That happens frequently. Have you not heard or read any of Aishwarya's interviews? Whenever she opens her mouth for a magazine or a TV interview, she starts bashing Rani and Shahrukh. You should hear her interviews to see the way she portrays Rani as a villain (if you're able to tolerate her obnoxious personality).

6-Feet-Apart thumbnail
Anniversary 3 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Abhishek did Happy New Year where his character was a joke. Even Jaya said she was embarrassed with Abhishek's character in HNY.

Dhoom franchise is not dependent on Bachchans. YRF will make the next movie with anyone who can bring them money. They got Aamir for Dhoom 3 and pushed Abhishek aside. For Dhoom 4, they can get any other stars who can bring in the $. Unfortunately, no one from Bachchans is bankable now.

TrollikaDevi thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: 6-Feet-Apart

That happens frequently. Have you not heard or read any of Aishwarya's interviews? Whenever she opens her mouth for a magazine or a TV interview, she starts bashing Rani and Shahrukh. You should hear her interviews to see the way she portrays Rani as a villain (if you're able to tolerate her obnoxious personality).

Would you like to send me one where she bashes Rani and Shah Rukh ?I remember watching her on Simi Garewal's show where she vaguely mentioned the incident without getting into names, that's it. Never saw anything where she's dissing these two.

jasminerahul thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 8

On koffee with karan she didn't bash srk n said that the media twisted her words.

Originally posted by: TrollikaDevi

Would you like to send me one where she bashes Rani and Shah Rukh ?I remember watching her on Simi Garewal's show where she vaguely mentioned the incident without getting into names, that's it. Never saw anything where she's dissing these two.

jasminerahul thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 8

Few months back there was a pic of Aishwarya n rani.that time in the forum it was written that they patched up.

Originally posted by: 6-Feet-Apart