Ranbir Kapoor vs Raj Kapoor. Bigger superstar? - Page 4

Poll

Ranbir Kapoor vs Raj Kapoor. Bigger superstar?

Poll Choice
Login To Vote

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

PangaNaLe thumbnail
Own Your Stories Participant 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 2 years ago

BTW, old BOI didn't put Raj Kapoor in top 10 biggest Superstars of all time, but they did put Shammi Kapoor in tenth position.

So according to them, Shammi was a bigger Star than Raj.

myviewprem thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: RoNoSarKar7

I have to say that the work of media is not at all providing proper information but manipulating people's minds with wrong facts, which should exactly be the opposite. Rajesh Khanna was a super duper star, a phenomenon, a sensation, a rage, a craze at his peak. But telling that he is the first superstar is exaggerated. As far as my knowledge goes, it is K.L. Saigal who was the first superstar. Since, then there have been many superstars like Ashok Kumar, Dilip Kumar, Raj Kapoor, Dev Anand and Rajendra Kumar. Today's generation has very very little knowlege about the history of Hindi Cinema and this is how media manipulates 👎🏼.

kl saigal dilip kumar raj kapoor rajendra kumar did not give 11 or 13 super hits continuous all that ran silver jubilee or golden (50 weeks)

myviewprem thumbnail

Originally posted by: AwaamKiJaan

BTW, old BOI didn't put Raj Kapoor in top 10 biggest Superstars of all time, but they did put Shammi Kapoor in tenth position.

So according to them, Shammi was a bigger Star than Raj.

Raj kapoor was not a great actor like dilip kumar or amitabh bachchan

He was director producer story writer more than a actor

Hes one of top 5 great director producer in indian cinema but not actor

Edited by myviewprem - 2 years ago
PangaNaLe thumbnail

Originally posted by: myviewprem

True thats because rajeash khanna gave 11 or 13 super hits continuous that no hero before or after has given

So he was called super star

They were 17 continuous successful films but not all were clean Hits.

PangaNaLe thumbnail

Raj kapoor was not a great actor like dilip kumar or amitabh bachchan

He was director producer story writer more than a actor

Yeah I think he did less films due to being a director as well and wasn't consistent due to which BOI didn't put him in top 10.

myviewprem thumbnail

Originally posted by: AwaamKiJaan

They were 17 continuous successful films but not all were clean Hits.

In imbd it says he had 13 platinum jublee hit continous

Platinum is 75 weeks i think as golden is 50 weeks

That is why Yash raj films is named after rajesh khanna Raj is for rajesh khanna

In 90s SRK made Yash raj rich and in 70s rajesh khanna

Edited by myviewprem - 2 years ago

Originally posted by: HearMeRoar

Was this post made to get Ranbir bashed?😆

Got to be.

I mean, he's an actor, an average one but a thespian by Bollywood standards.

But he has years to go before he directs (if at all), produces, and creates stars out of new actors.

Compare him to his grandpa at the end of his career perhaps?

Koi shaq??😆

otherwise who would compare THE Raj Kapoor to Ranbir Kapoor......I don't like Raj Kapoor and I love Ranbir....but even my love for my Beeru can't change this fact...that Raj Kapoor was a giant...a pioneer of BW cinema....Ranbir will be lucky he could be 25% of the legend that RK was...

When it comes to acting....I would say Ranbir is better than RK but here we are talking about stardom....so the answer is Raj Kapoor.

642126 thumbnail

In imbd it says he had 13 platinum jublee hit continous

Platinum is 75 weeks i think as golden is 50 weeks

That is why Yash raj films is named after rajesh khanna Raj is for rajesh khanna

In 90s SRK made Yash raj rich and in 70s rajesh khanna

No. Raj in YRF is NOT for Rajesh Khanna. Raj is their ancestral middle name. Yash Raj Chopra is full name of Yash Chopra and Baldev Raj Chopra is full name of his brother BR Chopra. Their father was Vilayatee Raj Chopra.

Rajesh is not even Rajesh's own name. His real name was Jatin Khanna.

No one names production house to honour some actor.

Chopras were already successful and never needed Rajesh to succeed.

Edited by atominis - 2 years ago
642126 thumbnail

Today's social media and 'anyone can edit' Wikipedia lot knows nothing or perhaps does not want to know anything. One should read some credible film history website, magazines or books on cinema before making preposterous comments.

First box office phenomenon was Ashok Kumar who is first Indian actor to be paid in thousands and was known as Golden Boy due to his hits. He was first to be paid Rs 10,000 as an actor. A princely amount in his time. His film Kismet is the first ever ATBB in history of Indian cinema.

Amused how hits of past legends are ignored or downgraded to make new guys look better or erase their success as if no BO existed before 90s or 70s.

Most people forget Rajesh Khanna got superstar title due to his rare feat of giving 15 consecutive hits and inspiring crazy fan culture. People had fans earlier too but no one had kind of fans ready to die for them or marry their photos the way Khanna had. Hence that title was used for him.

Just because earlier such titles were not used it does not mean earlier legends had no or less hits.

Dilip Kumar has had more hits than Dev and Raj. But Raj Kapoor is the first to crack into overseas markets and take Indian films beyond borders.

Rajendra Kumar also had lots of hits and was called Jubilee Kumar in his times but he had not inspired crazy fandom. He has more hits than many boys labelled superstar today.

This thread is amusing given the attempts to make Ranbir look bigger star or downgrade success of Raj Kapoor. But then same forum has a thread calling Kumar Gaurav a superstar too so I expect no factual debate on cine history here.

As for talent, for that I must say Ranbir has experimented more as an actor than his grandpa or his father. The only actor in Kapoor family who may have done comparable or better experiments as an actor is Shashi. Other Kapoor men were fairly formulaic and stayed in their comfort zones.

But as a star, filmmaker, icon, public figure Prithiviraj and Raj Kapoor are way better. PK had also done theatre. Prithvi theatre is named after him. Ranbir is sadly known more for his relationships than his work. Unlike his ancestors whose work was making more headlines.

I once read he wanted to revive RK Studios. Wish he manages to fulfil such dreams than kill time in faltu affairs. He has potential and talent to revive RK banner glory if he was as industrious and savvy as his grandpa and great grandpa were.

Edited by atominis - 2 years ago
RoNoSarKar7 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

kl saigal dilip kumar raj kapoor rajendra kumar did not give 11 or 13 super hits continuous all that ran silver jubilee or golden (50 weeks)

who told you they didn't ? They certainly did. Say that u don't know. You don't have proper knowledge. Do some research.

I have great respect for Rajesh Khanna and I am not against Him as I have nothing against Him. His contribution to Hindi Cinema, and his records and achievements are undeniable. But at the same time, I would tell each and every person here to respect the other mentioned Artists because Their contribution and achievements are no less and they were the actual pioneers of Hindi as well as Indian Cinema as a whole.

Edited by RoNoSarKar7 - 2 years ago