Soujanya_ROSID thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 3 years ago

Good morning all....

MessyMind thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Good morning all.

How do you guys celebrate Navratri at your places?

MessyMind thumbnail

Only reaction? No reply to my question?😈

Shivi72 thumbnail
Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Anniversary 5 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: MessyMind

Good morning all.

How do you guys celebrate Navratri at your places?

It's just will keep fast only on the first day and last day, not the whole nine days... and last day will do havan to remove the idol and later visarjan will be done in the river here... That's about only my house... Mom's health won't support so we don't do much...

Now will say how it is in my City...

Some will keep fast for whole 9 days and on last day after performing pooja they'll feed 9 girls, first will treat them like as the nine goddess, offer them chunari, will take their aarti too then will feed and later while leaving will give them gifts and take their blessings... I too used to go till few years before πŸ˜†...but no one calls now 🀣... I used to go to at least 4-5 houses and my habit is not to leave food in my plate... So whole day's quota will be completed in the morning itself 🀣🀣

And now about the Durga puja pandal which is made in every street of the city... Btw Sultanpur is on number 3 in whole India for Durga pooja pandal( I don't know about current it might have changed ) ... First is Kolkata and second is Mumbai I guess... Here it'll be kept for 5 days and then will be lifted after performing havan all over the city and next day all the idols will be having round in the city everywhere and then at last will go to the river for visarjan..

That's it.... If want will tell about the specialty of the idols kept in pandal...

Shivi72 thumbnail

Only reaction? No reply to my question?😈

Was writing only 🀣

MessyMind thumbnail

Originally posted by: Shivi72

It's just will keep fast only on the first day and last day, not the whole nine days... and last day will do havan to remove the idol and later visarjan will be done in the river here... That's about only my house... Mom's health won't support so we don't do much...

Now will say how it is in my City...

Some will keep fast for whole 9 days and on last day after performing pooja they'll feed 9 girls, first will treat them like as the nine goddess, offer them chunari, will take their aarti too then will feed and later while leaving will give them gifts and take their blessings... I too used to go till few years before πŸ˜†...but no one calls now 🀣... I used to go to at least 4-5 houses and my habit is not to leave food in my plate... So whole day's quota will be completed in the morning itself 🀣🀣

And now about the Durga puja pandal which is made in every street of the city... Btw Sultanpur is on number 3 in whole India for Durga pooja pandal( I don't know about current it might have changed ) ... First is Kolkata and second is Mumbai I guess... Here it'll be kept for 5 days and then will be lifted after performing havan all over the city and next day all the idols will be having round in the city everywhere and then at last will go to the river for visarjan..

That's it.... If want will tell about the specialty of the idols kept in pandal...

That's interesting and kinda same at my place too about Durga pooja. We too have pandal in our colony but not on every street. I guess this is common in the whole country.

Now about the celebrations in my state, we have a regional festival called Bathukamma which we celebrate throughout the nine days of Navratri. It's like a celebration of flowers. Different cities celebrate on different days of Navratri. I guess in my city it'll be next week maybe on the last day of Navratri.

This is what Bathukamma looks like. It's made up of only flowers of different kinds.

And there are songs especially for this festival which will be played during the festival time. After that we will do Batukkama visarjan into the river. This is one of my very few favourite festivals

MessyMind thumbnail

Originally posted by: Shivi72

Was writing only 🀣

I guessed it but still tagged youπŸ˜†

Shivi72 thumbnail

That's interesting and kinda same at my place too about Durga pooja. We too have pandal in our colony but not on every street. I guess this is common in the whole country.

Now about the celebrations in my state, we have a regional festival called Bathukamma which we celebrate throughout the nine days of Navratri. It's like a celebration of flowers. Different cities celebrate on different days of Navratri. I guess in my city it'll be next week maybe on the last day of Navratri.

This is what Bathukamma looks like. It's made up of only flowers of different kinds.

And there are songs especially for this festival which will be played during the festival time. After that we will do Batukkama visarjan into the river. This is one of my very few favourite festivals

It looks beautiful....

Here on every street it'll be... and we specifically go to see that what material was used to make idols... It'll be made of pearls, dry fruits, flowers, pencil-erasor and so on...

Mine too this is favorite one...