Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

1204950 thumbnail
Posted: 2 years ago

Taapsee commented:

She told Bollywood Bubble, “Definitely, I feel any actor – star kid or not a star kid – will be losing out on films to someone else. But the criteria is not that the star kid has lost out on the film because that person is an outsider so that person got the film, but as outsiders, definitely we have lost out on films because someone was there recommending and pushing someone's name who definitely had those contacts in the industry. And those are mostly star kids, right?”

https://www.hindustantimes.com/entertainment/bollywood/taapsee-pannu-reacts-to-sonakshi-sinha-s-comment-about-star-kids-also-losing-out-on-films-explains-the-difference-101633695601612.html

colossial2015 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: Rekha_ji

“Chalo, forget me. My father also, who was not a star kid, has lost out on many projects. It happens to every actor, it’s part and parcel of the job. It’s not something which is so unheard of or so new, it happens to everyone and it has been happening. Like I said, it’s part and parcel of the job, you move on with your life, work hard and keep at it,” she added.

- I don't see any lies, Queen Sonakshi is brave enough to say something which makes sense and she knew it could be misconstrued by CLICKBAIT headlines and she still said it, gotta love her.

Kwk sonakshi sinha GIF - Find on GIFER

I agree with you. Many off us fail entrance exam to courses and even job interviews. Not everyone whines and cries. Failures are part of life, you need to deal with. It applies to everyone rich or poor.

colossial2015 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: Galouti

Taapsee commented:

She told Bollywood Bubble, “Definitely, I feel any actor – star kid or not a star kid – will be losing out on films to someone else. But the criteria is not that the star kid has lost out on the film because that person is an outsider so that person got the film, but as outsiders, definitely we have lost out on films because someone was there recommending and pushing someone's name who definitely had those contacts in the industry. And those are mostly star kids, right?”

https://www.hindustantimes.com/entertainment/bollywood/taapsee-pannu-reacts-to-sonakshi-sinha-s-comment-about-star-kids-also-losing-out-on-films-explains-the-difference-101633695601612.html

Taapsee will lose more films and whine even more in future. More star kids are entering industry soon.

return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

Sonakshi Sinha reminds me of her father a lot. He too shoots straight, often without tact or diplomacy.

But there is some truth to what she says. Connections can get your foot in the door, but connections will not make you successful. You can blame nepotism for not getting as many opportunities as a star kid. But you cannot blame nepotism for failing in your opportunities.

TrollikaDevi thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: return_to_hades

Sonakshi Sinha reminds me of her father a lot. He too shoots straight, often without tact or diplomacy.

But there is some truth to what she says. Connections can get your foot in the door, but connections will not make you successful. You can blame nepotism for not getting as many opportunities as a star kid. But you cannot blame nepotism for failing in your opportunities.

That's right, I agree. But the problem is when others who've failed and have abused their opportunities keep getting offered more ,when in a level playing field that's impossible 'Outsiders' don't have that luxury.

"That's life" makes sense only to the extent of knowing nepotism exists everywhere and that its not going to disappear ever. Doesn't mean you can't call it out and keep it to a minimum.

While there's some truth to what she says , she's also downplaying it and acting dumb when she knows she made it to the screen only because she's his daughter.

KaranSG_01 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Can she use a little bit of her brain before speaking?!!

I agree star kids also lose out on films but there is a huge difference.

1. Star kids don't get just one chance. Even if they were ousted from the first movie they signed, it's much much easier to get another movie that will launch you. It's not the same case with outsiders. Getting one decent launch can be a huge deal for them.

2. Star kids don't lose out on films because of an outsider. If they lose out it's either because of some other star kid or because of some well established actor. Whereas outsiders can be replaced because some superstar wants to launch his son or daughter.

3. Ab if star kids are losing out on films after a few films then it's probably because they have not been able to prove themselves as good actors.The outsiders hardly get even one chance to prove that they can act.

So if Sonakshi Sinha lost on films its because she was not able to impress a large number of people with her acting. Like Siddhant Chaturvedi said, "Jahaan humare sapne pure hote hain wahaan se inka struggle shuru hota hai"

Ur-Miserable thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

“Chalo, forget me. My father also, who was not a star kid, has lost out on many projects. It happens to every actor, it’s part and parcel of the job. It’s not something which is so unheard of or so new, it happens to everyone and it has been happening. Like I said, it’s part and parcel of the job, you move on with your life, work hard and keep at it,” she added.

- I don't see any lies, Queen Sonakshi is brave enough to say something which makes sense and she knew it could be misconstrued by CLICKBAIT headlines and she still said it, gotta love her.

hello Kjo.

pathaka thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 6

U know there is truth to this

Nothing is a level playing field in life

Someone is more privilidged than u and will have it easier

Someone will have it wayyy harder than you

This one to one comparison with someone else’s life is the most useless and pointless thing …life is meant to be looked at holistically ..

If I compare my life with srks I’d seem like a loser coz I don’t nearly have as much money and luxury and fame as him …but does that mean his life is devoid of issues?…he has his own problems

U may think someone’s leading a charmed life but u don’t know what they went through to get there, and what they are currently going through

Yes people should be mindful of their privilidge but beyond being aware and helping ppl who are struggling, there isn’t much they can do about it …like she said, we just need to deal…there is no solution to this

1123225 thumbnail

Originally posted by: return_to_hades

Diff is Sonakshi doesn't punch up while Shatru did. I don't know if I'd call punching down shooting straight.

teri_Sanem thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 7 Thumbnail + 6

she looks so gorgeous here