The empire Hotstar

JZainabb thumbnail
Posted: 2 years ago

Hi just want to check if anyone is watching or has watched The Empire on Hotstar? It got released today. Any reviews?

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

KabutarHoled20 thumbnail

So, I have seen the first episode and will continue with the series later onwards tomrrow due to it being released today on my tv box. I would say it is not that bad because it is ultimately about how usurpation of power was imperative at that time and how there were external vs internal enemies within that time frame. Though it was does get a bit slow paced but barring that it was a tolerable episode. 

How Babur gets crowned at the age of 14-15 and there is a bit of foreshadowing as to how he still didn't believe in himself alongside talking about those who are willing to sacrifice for their king and the land. 

Babur's nani intentionally lets go of Babur's father from the earthquake in Ferghana due to finding an apt ruler & possible factor of Babar getting off-track due to his father's methods of poetry & all.  

Dino Morea did a decent job in terms of displaying his selfishness for the villain. Even the start and end of the first episode included the aspect of beheaded individuals as a form of message, so like initial Babar's father got the message and in the end, Dino Morea's character got a beheaded head in return for the response that prompted the factor of Babur getting bequeathed as the Mughal emperor. 

Even the actress, Gracy Goswami was okayish as the young Khanzada. The CGIs were okayish or it seems like shot in Turkey or something due to the set buildup. 

Edited by Myrah_2020 - 2 years ago
A_for_Arpita thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5

• Accurate History - ❌ 

• Visual treat & VFX - ☑️

• Dialogues - ☑️ 

• Top notch performances - ☑️ 

• Drashti Phenomenal Dhami - ☑️

• Fictinal masterpiece - ☑️

Watch The Empire Specially for Drashti Dhami as Khanzada Begum ⚔️ What a powerful screen presence 💯 

KabutarHoled20 thumbnail

Just finished up watching the web series, The glorification factor did yield skepticism: Being a brute vs his human side now. But, I also am cognizant since historical facts regarding the Mughal empire is subject. (Another prime example is the ruling style of Aurangzeb wherein, in textbooks, it was only posted in a negative viewpoint but questions do arise on that perception also). 

One thing this web series culminated was that this throne usurption was a never ending saga that Babur faced, and the cycle has repeated with Kamran declaring his rivalry with Humayun. I guess, it ultimately boils down to how subjective historical facts are and the roles they donned. There was a small mention of Babur welcoming as the emperor of Hindustan but they didn't boil down to the fact whether he was a brute against non-Muslims or women. It was solely focused on political affairs and giving charge to the throne based on experience, characterization more than bloodline. Speaking of bloodline, it was also talked about how bitter and sweet bloodline could be in terms of ultimately usurping the throne. 

Though after episode 5, I did feel that the plotline became more predictable in terms of establishing the Mughal empire thus I felt it was a theek-thaak web series. Not the best

There were several distortions such as age difference between Babur's son, cunning side of Khanzada (in the show, they were portraying this factor something Khanzada picked up from her grandmother thus anything for the bloodline, even if it means going against her husband), the shrewd side of Kamran's mother Gulrukh, significance of Mahham as someone alien from the royal bloodline, etc. But, would say it is worth watch for entertainment purpose though the storyline becomes more predictable and easily moves into the 18 year leap. 

obstinatefemale thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4

It is decent one time watch historical facts may not be correct but overall good time pass .Khanzada character is what i liked the most.Drashti dhami did convincing job. I have watched dd in other shows i thought she will have problem in language but surprisingly she did good job.Dino morea was another surprise he really did awesome.It is about babar but i loved shabani and khanzada more.

KabutarHoled20 thumbnail

Originally posted by: TheMockingBird

It is decent one time watch historical facts may not be correct but overall good time pass .Khanzada character is what i liked the most.Drashti dhami did convincing job. I have watched dd in other shows i thought she will have problem in language but surprisingly she did good job.Dino morea was another surprise he really did awesome.It is about babar but i loved shabani and khanzada more.

I sorta felt Kunal was a bit bland in certain scenes especially when you want to display the brute side of the emperor. Dhrasti was decent but certain scenes of Khanzada & Shabani had a filmy element added lol 😂  especially when Shabani realized Khanzada deceived him in the pregnancy. Lol, that was a dragged scene. 😆

Dino morea wasn't that bad tbh but I see people compare his role to RS's Khilji (quite overrated IMO😆) --- I saw a stark difference lol. Even Qasim, Babar's supporter & the Wazir weren't that bad.

Edited by Myrah_2020 - 2 years ago
obstinatefemale thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: Myrah_2020

I sorta felt Kunal was a bit bland in certain scenes especially when you want to display the brute side of the emperor. Dhrasti was decent but certain scenes of Khanzada & Shabani had a filmy element added lol 😂  especially when Shabani realized Khanzada deceived him in the pregnancy. Lol, that was a dragged scene. 😆

Dino morea wasn't that bad tbh but I see people compare his role to RS's Khilji (quite overrated IMO😆) --- I saw a stark difference lol. Even Qasim, Babar's supporter & the Wazir weren't that bad.

Infact i loved that scene that shot was so beautiful bit filmy but was beautiful.Babar character was not so interesting. I liked other characters more.

VS-Cool thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4

Totally shitt!!

About actors it's good but when you are making show on historical theme it doesn't matter and story matters only...

The glorification of Babur is too much , they portrayed him as dariyadil etc etc etc 

Even the invasion part is not proper and looked rushed also they didn't showed battle of khanwa or the great Maharana Sanga Of Mewar who beated him once, the series didn't even took his name (because it doesn't satisfies the glorification of Babur)...

Inaccurate history makes such shows shitt...

VFX actors better to make a fictional series 😂

Jitna bada babur ko show kiya hai history ki to dhajjiyan uda di , these all can be digested for Akbar but not any other mughal king 

Looks like no reserach done regarding the 'Great' king bus bana diya 🤣

Edited by VS-Cool - 2 years ago