Sid is equally at fault !!!

coolgal thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 19 years ago
Okay first of all I agree that Aastha is a spoilt brat who is very possesive abt Sid. But if you look at it, isn't it Sid who's leading her on? That guy knows for sure that he loves Sia and likes Aastha only as a friend. Why doesn't he come clean and just tell Aastha that he doesn't care for her and that's a fact? But no, he feels so much obliged and indebted to Simran that he is willing to lie to Aastha, give her false hopes and promises of love and always being there for her. Doesn't he realize that if he doesn't really care for her, he's ruining two lives..because if he felt obliged to marry her, he still would not love her wholeheartedly and that would make her miserable. Sid should just tell Aastha in no uncertain terms of his exact feelings for her. What would happen if he just told her the truth? Predictably, Aastha would flare up, whine, scream and throw tantrums. But if Sid sticks to his words, she would certainly get over it and accept it. They might not remain the best of friends but still it would be infinitely prefered to being miserable in the long run. If Sid is really a mature, sincere person he should realize that it's in the best interest of both to confess his true feelings to Aastha.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

peacestead thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: coolgal

Okay first of all I agree that Aastha is a spoilt brat who is very possesive abt Sid. But if you look at it, isn't it Sid who's leading her on? That guy knows for sure that he loves Sia and likes Aastha only as a friend. Why doesn't he come clean and just tell Aastha that he doesn't care for her and that's a fact? But no, he feels so much obliged and indebted to Simran that he is willing to lie to Aastha, give her false hopes and promises of love and always being there for her. Doesn't he realize that if he doesn't really care for her, he's ruining two lives..because if he felt obliged to marry her, he still would not love her wholeheartedly and that would make her miserable. Sid should just tell Aastha in no uncertain terms of his exact feelings for her. What would happen if he just told her the truth? Predictably, Aastha would flare up, whine, scream and throw tantrums. But if Sid sticks to his words, she would certainly get over it and accept it. They might not remain the best of friends but still it would be infinitely prefered to being miserable in the long run. If Sid is really a mature, sincere person he should realize that it's in the best interest of both to confess his true feelings to Aastha.

We're at the part where Simran tells Sia to leave but if u are ahead of us i dont know how Sid is acting towards Astha, from what i have seen till now i dont think till now Sid has led Astha on, he has always looked after Astha like a good friend, more like a big brother, but in future episodes if he doesnt come clean with Astha and doesnt tell her his true feelings then its gonna be a bummer that would surely be like leading Astha on and giving her false hopes and dreams only to be broken later on, that would really suck for Astha.

mandy0310 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 8
i agree he must know that aastha cares about him much more than a friend, but he still has not set the record straight and aastha continues to follow him around like a puppy.
simi1295 thumbnail
after readn the posts... i think after he knws that sia doesnt love him, he goes to aastha and promises to be with her... and also urmila made him think abt all the things dr. simran had done for him and his mom... and i dont think sid knew that aatha loved him.. it was when sia tells him..thats when he found out...
hrithick_luvr thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
yea i agree with u guys, sid is at fault too, he shud have realised that he and astha have known each other since they were kids, they grew up together and everything, he shud have had a feeling that astha is in love with him and not sia
dalals thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Sid was always very attached to Simran in his childhood and due to Manas/Urmila clashes, Simran was his safety blanket. No matter where one goes, childhood memories are very very strong and it lingers on the person's mind forever. Sid was never too happy to leave India and go with his father for Ria. So it is no wonder he came back to Simran auntie. I think this was the most natural thing to do for him. Also bear in mind, Astha is much younger than Sid, so even though he is very protective about her, you can see it is more like a gaurdian or an elder brother kind of feeling. And believe it or not but in India even today people believe in loyalty and gratitude, specially in relationships. Sid was always taken care of by Simran and when Urmila was in jail, Simran was like a mother to him. Specially when Manas started seeing Ria, Sid felt lonely and left out. At that time Simran was the only one he could trust and look for affection. Simran had also gone out of her way to help Urmila and don't forget Simran/Manas rift was also over Urmila.
Edited by dalals - 19 years ago
Akshata thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

dalals wrote:[And believe it or not but in India even today people believe in loyalty and gratitude, specially in relationships. Sid was always taken care of by Simran and when Urmila was in jail, Simran was like a mother to him. Specially when Manas started seeing Ria, Sid felt lonely and left out. At that time Simran was the only one he could trust and look for affection. Simran had also gone out of her way to help Urmila and don't forget Simran/Manas rift was also over Urmila.]

I agree with dalals.Why India or Bihar,every good human being is loyal and grateful to someone who has been there for him in bad times.Sid has reasons to be grateful to Simran.

Simran does not expect Sid to love Astha to show his loyalty;she asked Sia to leave only to make Astha feel secure and happy.It's his own mother who is making the mistake of pressurising her son.

Inspite of knowing that Sid has special feelings for Sia,Simran is making the mistake of encouraging Astha-Sid relationship.How does that make her the only wise person in the serial?

srk_rulz thumbnail
yep..he should definetly tell her the truth, but i dont think aastha wud be able to handle the truth..but yeh he is doing wrong too
peacestead thumbnail

Originally posted by: dalals

Sid was always very attached to Simran in his childhood and due to Manas/Urmila clashes, Simran was his safety blanket. No matter where one goes, childhood memories are very very strong and it lingers on the person's mind forever. Sid was never too happy to leave India and go with his father for Ria. So it is no wonder he came back to Simran auntie. I think this was the most natural thing to do for him. Also bear in mind, Astha is much younger than Sid, so even though he is very protective about her, you can see it is more like a gaurdian or an elder brother kind of feeling. And believe it or not but in India even today people believe in loyalty and gratitude, specially in relationships. Sid was always taken care of by Simran and when Urmila was in jail, Simran was like a mother to him. Specially when Manas started seeing Ria, Sid felt lonely and left out. At that time Simran was the only one he could trust and look for affection. Simran had also gone out of her way to help Urmila and don't forget Simran/Manas rift was also over Urmila.

I agree with dalals.Why India or Bihar,every good human being is loyal and grateful to someone who has been there for him in bad times.Sid has reasons to be grateful to Simran.

Simran does not expect Sid to love Astha to show his loyalty;she asked Sia to leave only to make Astha feel secure and happy.It's his own mother who is making the mistake of pressurising her son.

Inspite of knowing that Sid has special feelings for Sia,Simran is making the mistake of encouraging Astha-Sid relationship.How does that make her the only wise person in the serial?

very well said, I agree completely.😊

peacestead thumbnail
I'm sorry forgot to put AKSHATAS name before her quote. Dalals and Akshata i think whatever you guys have written makes so much sense, very well said and expressed and it doesnt matter whether one is from the US or Bihar village, human nature and feelings are the same everywhere, place doesnt matter its the person that matters and Sid really does think of his SImran aunty as his role model and mentor.