Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Talis thumbnail
Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 2 years ago

Originally posted by: hotchoco

I can't stand Akshay but he's completely right about this. I started getting up at 5 AM a few years ago and that changed my life. You genuinely feel like you have so many hours in the day. Staying up late doesn't accomplish the same thing because you're already tired at the end of the day so you work much slower. 

The one good trait Akshay has is discipline. The other actors waste so much time. I'm sure some of it is spent on preparing but I think a lot of it is wasted on stuff like partying 

He's right about the non partying and getting sleep but most working days for an actor on a film set greatly exceed 8 hours.. Usual it's around 10-12 with it often taking 16+ hours.  A lot of that is waiting around but there's also rehearsals, set ups, multiple takes etc.   He obviously arranges his shooting schedule to do all his work in one chunk (even if other actors and the crew are there hours before or after)  and if he's acting off cue cards and doing just one or two takes then 8 hours or less is quite doable.

hotchoco thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: mothymoth

Don't you start feeling tired around the afternoon? I tried but started feeling sleepy around noon/1 pm. ðŸ˜”

Yeah, I think you will feel tired at first for sure. It takes getting used to. Force yourself through it for a month and eventually you won't feel tired anymore. You have to do something in the morning that you actually like so it makes you want to get up. I work out for an hour and listen to music or an audiobook and then have a leisurely breakfast while watching an episode of whatever show I like. I love the mornings now because I'm basically just chilling for a while before I start the day. And by the time you start class or work, you're already so awake and fresh. 

CuttingChai thumbnail

Akshay releases a movie every 2 months and the month in the middle, Akshay's duplicate aka Karthik Aryan releases a movie.