Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

BrhannadaArmour thumbnail
Posted: 2 years ago

Updated to August 13 episode: Vijay intends to repay Raghav for Sharada's life-saving surgery.

https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/5243566

Updated to September 7 episode: Vijay curses Raghav and Pallavi.

Updated to October 1 episode: Vijay visits Pallavi after Raghav absconds with Sharada.

Now the list is complete. Raghav has racked up only half as many offences as Śiśupāla, but Vijay is still far behind quantitatively.

Their enmity got wrapped up very superficially on the show. Vijay found out that Raghav gives a lot of money to charity, so he forgot about Raghav's dishonesty, violence, and indecent treatment of women. Vijay was suddenly convinced that Raghav loves Pallavi a lot, presumably because Raghav took care of Pallavi after she was shot, as if Vijay wouldn't have found out why Pallavi got shot, or how Raghav mistreated Pallavi before that. When did Vijay stop blaming Raghav irrationally for Mandar going to prison? Anyway, it was nice that when Vijay saw that Raghav had slept outside his house to show Pallavi how sorry he was, Vijay didn't feel vindicated; he showed sympathy to Raghav. And it was nice that instead of lashing out in frustration, Raghav humbly admitted that he deserved rejection, and asked Vijay not to make Pallavi talk to him. After that, however, Vijay and Raghav never resolved their own differences.

It's unfortunate that the show never made time for one-on-one interactions between Raghav and Pallavi's family, which had been set up in the early episodes. Raghav quickly gave up trying to impress Vijay, and Raghav's opinion of Vijay never progressed past "You're ungrateful for the little respect I give you because you're Pallavi's father."

In my fan fiction Delivery Boy, the relationship between Vijay and Raghav improves gradually. First, Raghav makes an effort to reach out to Vijay and resist provocation. Vijay listens to himself insulting Raghav's parents, and puts aside his bitterness to give Raghav a chance. Then Vijay feels patronized and duped by Raghav, and Raghav has to speak honestly to reassure Vijay. Raghav realizes that he can't reason with Vijay; he has to appeal to Vijay's stubbornness and pride. But Vijay, who thinks that Raghav's appreciation of tradition and art is insincere, is unwilling to accept help from Raghav. Raghav's money and power won't win this battle; he has to prove himself to Vijay with the strength of his heart and his body.

https://www.indiaforums.com/fanfiction/1793

I would love to read suggestions for how this story should continue.