🏆India Forums FanFiction Awards 2020🏆Nominations closed.

LizzieBennet thumbnail
Posted: 2 years ago

Hello, hello, fellow IFians, readers and writers!

W r i t i n g, as you must know, is a formidable endeavour, something that only the courageous and the tenacious can undertake. 

And when they do, they sign up for a crazy adventure. 

By putting their work out there for p u b l i c consumption, writers, or as we in the FFDT like to call them - intrepid creative soldiers - take risks of all kinds, baring their hearts and souls to the world. It can be beautiful, but mostly it’s just terrifying!

Yet these brave soldiers trudge on, seeking appreciation where they can find it.    

Perhaps some highly evolved ones are just looking to quench their own internal, artistic thirst or an outlet to s h o w c a s e their innermost thoughts and feelings. 

Simply put, they choose to make themselves vulnerable.  

However, as readers, don’t you think we’re inordinately b l e s s e d ?

To travel uncharted paths and feel myriad emotions evoked by their m a g i c a l eloquence?

To immerse ourselves into a parallel universe and escape our own mundane existence?

To sit back, relax and enjoy as they draw tirelessly from the depthless wells of their 

i m a g i n a t i o n? 

Don’t you think, therefore, that writing is among the highest forms of altruism and needs to be recognized and celebrated?

And what better way to celebrate these warriors and their efforts than through the India Forums Fiction A w a r d s?  

Yes, it’s time for that much-awaited annual event where you can nominate and vote for your favorite stories and give standing ovations to your favorite authors!

ImageI F F A 2 0 2 0 is here, people!!Image

We’re sure you were all spoilt for choice at the sheer v a r i e t y of fictions available on IF! 

Did you ever break into a cold sweat at a spine-chilling story akin to an Agatha Christie mystery?

Or perhaps you found your heart melting into mush when the leads finally professed their love for each other in a sentimental romance reminiscent of a Nora Roberts or a Jane Austen novel?

Perhaps it wasn’t the story itself but a well-crafted quote or a piece of d i a l o g u e that hooked you in like Oscar Wilde so often does?

Well, it’s time to bring these into the limelight by nominating and voting for your favorites in each category!

https://www.indiaforums.com/fanfiction/1605

But before you do that, let’s quickly go over the t I m e l i n e s and

r u l e s for the nominations.

Write-up: LizzieBennet

Graphics: BitterBerry

Color-coding: Leenaaa

Bullets: DeviantArt

Edited by LizzieBennet - 2 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Viswasruti thumbnail

ImageFiction Awards Nomination Thread: 01/08/2021 closes on 20/08/2021

ImagePopular Category Voting Thread: 22/08/2021 closes on 30/08/2021

ImageCritics Category Voting Thread (FFE Section): 23/08/2021 closes on 10/09/2021 (subject to change depending on the number of entries)

ImageWinner Announcement: 20/09/2021 (+/- 5days)

p.s This is a tentative timeline. The result announcement will depend on no.of entries to be voted by critics.

Edited by Viswasruti - 2 years ago
MsChanadlerBong thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

Fictions nominated by Authors and Readers will be awards in two categories.

Popular Choice: Fiction that will get maximum votes by members.

Critics Choice: Fiction that will get maximum votes by Fan Fiction Editors and Beta Readers (Koeli, Sam, Madhuri, Shibani, Supriya and Moumita). Please note that the scoring will be done on grammar and narration.

Book Cover that will get maximum votes by FFG Rookies (Shirisha, Sandhya, Rashmi and Rosy) Please note that the scoring will be done on creativity, relevance to the genre and the appeal of the cover

ImageFan Fictions/ NovelImage

Romance   

Tragedy   

RomCom 

Thriller/Suspense/Mystery  

Horror/Supernatural    

Comedy  

Drama  

Mythological/History  

Psychological 

Hybrid Genre

ImageFan Fictions/Short StoriesImage

Romance   

Tragedy   

RomCom 

Horror/Supernatural    

Comedy  

Drama  

Mythological/History  

Psychological 

Hybrid Genre

ImageFan Fiction/ShotsImage

Romance   

Tragedy   

RomCom 

Horror/Supernatural    

Comedy  

Drama  

Mythological/History  

Psychological 

Hybrid Genre

ImageFan Fictions/DrabblesImage

Romance   

Tragedy   

RomCom 

Horror/Supernatural    

Comedy  

Drama  

Mythological/History  

Psychological 

Hybrid Genre

ImageOriginal FictionsImage

[It can be of any genre, as long as it is an original-fiction, it will be nominated and voted under one category]

ImagePoems/PoetryImage

[It can be fan-fiction or original-fiction but will be nominated and voted under one category]

ImageNon-FictionImage

[It can be of any genre, as long as it is an original-fiction, it will be nominated and voted under one category]

ImageLGBTQ+ Image

[It can be of any genre, fan fiction/non-fiction/original fiction, as long as it is has the lead character belonging from the community, will be nominated and voted under one category.]

ImageBest dialogue/quote/phrasesImage

[It can be of any genre, fan fiction/non-fiction/original fiction, as long as it has the word limit of 50 words.]

ImageBest AuthorImage

Fan Fiction Novel 

Fan Fiction Short Stories  

Fan Fiction Shots  

Fan Fiction Drabbles  

Original Fiction 

Poet 

ImageBest Book CoverImage

[It can be of a-fiction/non-fiction/original-fiction but will be nominated and voted under one category. Only for FFGs. Both, the FFG and the author can nominate their book covers]

Romance   

Tragedy   

RomCom 

Horror/Supernatural    

Comedy  

Drama  

Mythological/History  

Psychological 

Fan Fiction [Established characters/intellectual properties from original creators.]

Original Fiction [Fiction that includes original characters and own-made worlds. The opposite is Fan Fiction.]

Novel/Novella/Novelette

[(Typically over 7,500 words) A fictitious prose narrative of book length, typically representing character and action with some degree of realism.

Short Stories

[(under 7,500 words)  A story with a fully developed theme but shorter and less descriptive than a novel.]

Shots

[(under 1000-1500 words) A story that starts and ends in one-four chapters. There is no restriction of no. of characters.]

Drabbles

[(typically within 100 words) A drabble is a short work of fiction of ideally one hundred words in total. It is for testing the author's ability to express interesting and meaningful ideas in a confined space.]

Poems/Poetry

[Piece of writing in which the expression of feelings and ideas is given intensity by particular attention to diction (sometimes involving rhyme), rhythm, and imagery.]

_____

Romance

Places its primary focus on the relationship and romantic love between two people

Tragedy

Treats in a serious and dignified style the sorrowful or terrible events encountered or caused by a heroic individual

RomComs

Is a subgenre of comedy and slice-of-life fiction, focusing on lighthearted, humorous plotlines centered on romantic ideas, such as how true love is able to surmount most obstacles

Thriller/Suspense/Mystery/Horror

Designed to hold the interest by the use of a high degree of intrigue, adventure, or suspense involving criminal activities or spying.

Comedy

Covers any work whose general purpose is to create humor and intentional laughs for the audience.

Drama

A genre features stories with high stakes and a lot of conflicts.

Mythological/History

Revolving around Legends/Historical events/Gods/Myths

Horror/Supernatural

A genre that is meant to scare, startle, shock, and even repulse audiences or is centered on supernatural theme.

Psychological

Genre are made up of stories that place a large amount of emphasis on interior characterization, motives, circumstances, and action which come from external action.

Hybrid Genre

They share the conventions of more than one genre

For further information, you can check

What are the Fan Fiction and Original Fiction Terminologies?

What are the types of Genres?

Edited by MsChanadlerBong - 2 years ago
Leenaaa thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

ImageBoth authors and readers are eligible to nominate stories however, nominations/votes by Newbies and Groupbies will not be considered

ImagePlease read the categories and subcategories carefully and nominate the right stories for the right category

ImageIt is not compulsory to nominate in every category. But please try to nominate as many as possible

ImageYou can nominate two stories under each sub-category and two authors under each sub-category, respectively. Authors/FFGs can nominate themselves for two stories/covers per subcategory

ImagePlease submit your nominations in this thread stating clearly the category/subcategory you’re nominating the story for. Nominations for authors can also be posted.

You have to provide an embedded link to the story and the name of the author. If the links are not embedded, they won't be considered

eg. Correct way of nominating Ramya's Potpourri of Prose and Poetry by moonglade 

Incorrect way of nominating Ramya's Potpourri of Prose and Poetry by moonglade

ImageFor eligibility, stories posted between 01.01.2020 to 31.12.2020 can be nominated. Don't worry if you are nominating migrated stories. If the original was posted during that period, it will be considered

ImageOngoing Fan-Fiction and Short Stories should have at least 3-4 chapters published for eligibility.

Shots and drabbles must be completed before 31.12.2020. Please note that stories that have been abandoned for more than three months will not be eligible

ImageFor the category ‘Shots’, you can nominate One-Shots, Two-Shots, Three-Shots, Four-Shots and Five-Shots.  But the story HAS to be completed on or before 30-12-2020

Image Entries for contests held on IF, in any forum, CANNOT be nominated

ImageIf the author of the nominated story is inactive and is not able to migrate we will try to help them out. Authors who are no longer on IF and their stories will not be eligible

ImageThe whole story needs to be posted on IF. Any story which has mature content or has any part posted on another website and not on IF will not be eligible

ImageThe nominated story can be posted in the FF section/FF forum/WC forum or any other forum on IF

ImagePlease note that all nominated stories will be further contacted for migration to the new fan fiction forum. If an author doesn't respond, they will not be considered in the voting round. Migration of the story is a MUST. Authors need to add the hashtag "IFFA2020" in the "tag" field of the FF section. Authors can request a book cover in the Fan Fiction Book Cover Shop #22 after migration. But the stories WILL NOT be beta-read by the IF BetaReaders

ImageThe list of FFGs (who were active in the year 2020) will be provided for the category of "Best Book Cover". Only the book covers made by these FFGs in the said time period can be nominated either by the FFGs themselves or by the members. 

Koeli / Appy

Sanskruthi / Kalyani

taaniroyalTaani

Sonserina_Reina / Aaditi

Grey-licious /Kriti

MsChanadlerBong / Sam

GuardianDevil/Nidhi

aftermath..Virina

18shabbo / Nabila

BitterBerry Ankita

Leenaaa / Leena

Link to book in FF section/link to image: Two Negatives Make a Positive 

Name of the FFG: BitterBerry 

Month in which the request for the book cover was made: December 2020

Genre of the story: Romance

ImageFor Best Dialogue/Quote/Phrase, ONLY authors can nominate two passages with a word limit of 100 words from any of their stories. They have to post the passage in this thread as a nomination. The passage should be only in English

Image If any category/sub-category has less than five nominations, it will be cancelled, or will be clubbed under "mixed genre", depending on the number of nominations. We hold the decision rights and the categories/ timeline/ other facets of the award can change according to requirement

ImageThe story nominations for the Critics awards will be judged by the FFEs and the IF BRs, and the Popular Choice will be decided by voting held on the FF forum

Image FFGs and IF BRs are allowed to nominate their own book covers/stories, but if they do, they will not be allowed to judge. The book cover nominations for the Critics’ award will be judged by the Rookie FFGs (who joined in 2021).

Popular Choice will be decided by the voting held on the FF forum

ImageThe last date for nomination is 20 August 2021, 11.59 PM IST

Example of how to post nominations

Fan Fictions/ Novel 

Romance 

1) Love is Eternal by xyz

2) Love Hate Stories by abc

Tragedy

1) Dooriyan by xyz

2)Why did we meet by abc

Fan Fictions/Short Stories

Romance

1) Blossom by xyz 

2) Bonded by abc

Fan Fiction/Shots

Romance

1) Ice and Candies by xyz

2)Walk to not remember by abc

Best Author

1) xyz

2)abc

Best Book Cover

Romance  

1) Link to book in FF section/link to image:Two Negatives Make a Positive

Name of the FFG : BitterBerry

2) Link to book in FF section/link to image: abc

Name of the FFG: xyz

Edited by Leenaaa - 2 years ago
ExoticDisaster thumbnail

If you have any query regarding the awards please feel free to post it in this thread.

If you have queries now or in the future please contact the concerned person mentioned in the list. Your first point of contact will be the first name mentioned in the list. If that person fails to respond then only contact the other in the group.

Overall Award Co-ordinator:  oye_nakhrewaali , Leenaaa , Viswasruti 

Fan Fiction Novel : oye_nakhrewaali LizzieBennetHaal-E-Dil 

Fan Fiction Short Stories: Viswasruti Grey-licious

One-shots/Two-Shots/Drabbles : Viswasruti , Leenaaa

Poems, LGBTQ+, Original Fiction, Non-fiction, Quote, Authors: oye_nakhrewaaliSerpensortia, LizzieBennet,

Book Covers: Leenaaaoye_nakhrewaali

Edited by Serpensortia - 2 years ago
oh_nakhrewaali thumbnail

Image How to migrate a story from any forum to the FF section?

Ans: Please check Steps to Migrate your FF in the new FF section

Image Where can I get book covers done?

Ans: You can make a request here 《 Fan Fiction Book Cover Shop #22 》

Image How to upload a book cover? 

Ans: The tutorial is here Tutorial for Updating New Book Cover

Image If an author has included all their drabbles/one shots in a single Drabble/One Shot Collection, is it ok to nominate a single drabble/one shot under any subcategory if I mention the chapter number?

Ans: You can do so. However it needs to be published in the year 2020 and hyperlinked, If it fits the criteria, the author will be further contacted to separate the nominated story from the rest as it is necessary to add IFFA2020 tag and include its individual cover.

ImageIs it possible to nominate a writer who is extremely good but hasn't really written anything on IF in the aforementioned timeline? (She has mostly migrated and edited her previous works)

Ans: If the story was written and posted in any forum in 2020, it can be nominated. If the story was written before 2020 and migrated in 2020, it can't be nominated. 

ImageStories put up for contests aren't eligible. One of my shots was selected for Featured Fanfiction of the month. So is it ineligible too?

Ans: Featured stories can be nominated. Stories submitted for Pride month celebrations are also allowed if they were posted in 2020.

ImageWhat if the story is posted in FF section in 2020 and in the forum in 2021?

Ans: As long as it was posted on IF in 2020 on any forum, it's eligible.

ImageIf a story is migrated from another site/ posted on IF in 2021 but was written in 2020, will it be considered? 

Ans: No.

ImageIf the fanfiction thread has been locked and I need to make a few corrections, before submitting, can I do that? 

Ans: Yes

ImageHow do I hyperlink my stories if I am posting via?

Ans: Hyperlink your nominated stories via mobile by pasting the URL in the bar and before hitting enter/go in your keyboard, click on the space bar once 

ImageI posted my poems in the Writers Corner and have republished them in FF section, separately. So which links should I be providing? And I can only nominate two poems, right?

Ans: Yes, only two poems. If you republished year 2020, post the ff section link, else the one on writer's corner that was posted in 2020. If you posted the poems in 2021 or before that in the writer's corner, your poems aren't eligible.

Image I have issues with migrating my story, where can post the problem?

Ans: New Fan Fiction Section | Frequently Asked Question (FAQ)

Edited by oye_nakhrewaali - 2 years ago
melodyofflowers thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7

Fan Fictions/ NovelImage

Romance : A Shark and a goldfish by beingaditij

Tragedy   

RomCom 

Thriller/Suspense/Mystery : The con girl  by beingaditij 

Horror/Supernatural    

Comedy  

Drama  

Mythological/History  

Psychological 

Hybrid Genre

ImageFan Fictions/Short StoriesImage

Romance  : 

Tragedy   

RomCom 

Horror/Supernatural    

Comedy  

Drama  

Mythological/History  

Psychological 

Hybrid Genre

ImageFan Fiction/ShotsImage

Romance   

Tragedy   

RomCom : 

Horror/Supernatural    

Comedy  

Drama  

Mythological/History  :

Psychological 

Hybrid Genre

ImageFan Fictions/DrabblesImage

Romance   

Tragedy   

RomCom 

Horror/Supernatural    

Comedy  

Drama  

Mythological/History  

Psychological 

Hybrid Genre

ImageOriginal FictionsImage

ImagePoems/PoetryImage

[It can be fan-fiction or original-fiction but will be nominated and voted under one category]

ImageNon-FictionImage

ImageLGBTQ+ Image

[It can be of any genre, fan fiction/non-fiction/original fiction, as long as it is has the lead character belonging from the community, will be nominated and voted under one category.] : 

ImageBest dialogue/quote/phrasesImage

[It can be of any genre, fan fiction/non-fiction/original fiction, as long as it has the word limit of 50 words.] 

ImageBest AuthorImage

Fan Fiction Novel : Light Camera Kiss me by Serpensortia

Fan Fiction Short Stories  

Fan Fiction Shots  

Fan Fiction Drabbles  

Original Fiction 

Poet 

ImageBest Book CoverImage

[It can be of a-fiction/non-fiction/original-fiction but will be nominated and voted under one category. Only for FFGs. Both, the FFG and the author can nominate their book covers]

Romance  : 

Tragedy   

RomCom 

Thriller/Suspense/Mystery  : 

Horror/Supernatural    

Comedy  

Drama  

Mythological/History  

Psychological 

Edited by beingaditij - 2 years ago
Viswasruti thumbnail

@beingaditij , please read the Rules carefully. 

The nominations should be like this ---

You have to provide an embedded link to the story and the name of the author. If the links are not embedded, they won't be considered

eg. Correct way of nominating Ramya's Potpourri of Prose and Poetry by moonglade 

Incorrect way of nominating Ramya's Potpourri of Prose and Poetry by moonglade

Leenaaa thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

And also make sure the nominated stories were posted from the timeline of the first to the last day of 2020. 

Regarding the best book cover category, Only the FFG 2020 batch are applicable to be nominated.

Originally posted by: Leenaaa

The list of FFGs (who were active in the year 2020) will be provided for the category of "Best Book Cover". Only the book covers made by these FFGs in the said time period can be nominated either by the FFGs themselves or by the authors

Koeli / Appy

Sanskruthi / Kalyani

taaniroyalTaani

Sonserina_Reina / Aaditi

Grey-licious /Kriti

MsChanadlerBong / Sam

GuardianDevil/Nidhi

aftermath..Virina

18shabbo / Nabila

BitterBerry Ankita

Leenaaa / Leena

Link to book in FF section/link to image: Two Negatives Make a Positive 

Name of the FFG: BitterBerry 

Genre of the story: Romance

Edited by Leenaaa - 2 years ago
oh_nakhrewaali thumbnail

Aditi, please note that your stories aren't hyperlinked properly. 

Also, "Aai" was posted in May-June 2021. Stories thare posted in Jan 2020-Dec 2020 (either on any forum or on the ff section) are the only ones that will be considered. Kidly edit your post to meet the rules. 

for the book cover, please mention which book cover you would like to nominate and not just the FFG

Please read the rules before submitting your nominations😊

Edited by oye_nakhrewaali - 2 years ago