Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

YourCat thumbnail
Posted: 2 years ago

Most musicians suffer from depression πŸ˜†

I think heavy metal or rock songs actually provide that cathartic release for intense and negative feelings. I really do think that they help some people purge their anger with powerful music that deal with dark and overwhelming themes. 

Rekha_ji thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: SmittenKitten

I think heavy metal or rock songs actually provide that cathartic release for intense and negative feelings. I really do think that they help some people purge their anger with powerful music that deal with dark and overwhelming themes. 

This is a great point. I don't usually listen to metal, but I'm a big music connoisseur so one day when I was studying I decided to check out some DEATH Metal and I just felt like I could concentrate so well with it on in the background. I aced those exams too, 

Music is therapy for me.

Maroonporsche thumbnail

You listen to heavy metal ? Very heavy metal ? Heavier than the old metal πŸ€£πŸ€£

But all jokes aside ? Any particular band ? 

Originally posted by: Rekha_ji

This is a great point. I don't usually listen to metal, but I'm a big music connoisseur so one day when I was studying I decided to check out some DEATH Metal and I just felt like I could concentrate so well with it on in the background. I aced those exams too, 

Music is therapy for me.

Congrats for killing those exams. πŸ˜† Very possible the background music was helping you drown out the noise within.

I can't listen to full death metal without feeling like someone's dying. LOL but on days I feel like the universe is out to get me, listening to Guns n Roses, KillSwitch (some of them, not all) and Led Zeppelin make me feel like ahhh ...yeah at least SOMETHING matches my emotional state.πŸ˜† Keeps me pumped while working out too cuz that's the only time I listen to music.

Originally posted by: Maroonporsche

You listen to heavy metal ? Very heavy metal ? Heavier than the old metal πŸ€£πŸ€£

But all jokes aside ? Any particular band ? 

Someone introduced Killswitch Engage to me and I blast it sometimes. That's the "craziest" it gets, so there's no need to laugh.πŸ˜†

Maroonporsche thumbnail

Someone introduced Killswitch Engage to me and I blast it sometimes. That's the "craziest" it gets, so there's no need to laugh.πŸ˜†

That heavy metal comment was something I saw on a sitcom an just had to pass it on πŸ˜†

But really which bands. Cause rock music (certain songs) are actually very cleansing. 

DivineAngel thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

Fantasy Force

Well that's why I listen to kpop. It's healing music. Bollywood music sucks although there are some exceptions. 

Edited by etherealbeauty - 2 years ago
Rekha_ji thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Congrats for killing those exams. πŸ˜† Very possible the background music was helping you drown out the noise within.

I can't listen to full death metal without feeling like someone's dying. LOL but on days I feel like the universe is out to get me, listening to Guns n Roses, KillSwitch (some of them, not all) and Led Zeppelin make me feel like ahhh ...yeah at least SOMETHING matches my emotional state.πŸ˜† Keeps me pumped while working out too cuz that's the only time I listen to music.

You are a wise soul ❀️

For me, my workout playlists I go for Janet Jackson and BeyoncΓ© remixes. I remember teaching my mum how to twerque lmao.

The Death Metal phase was nuts. I can't even listen to regular Metal now, it just feels like Pussy Metal. I need to hear about skulls cracking for it to be meaningful.

Otherwise I'll stick to my Talat Mahmood ghazals <3