Foreign TV shows?

JesonMile thumbnail
Posted: 2 years ago

I've always enjoyed watching non-English speaking TV shows purely for language immersion and cultural exposure. From time to time I do like watching brilliant American/British tv shows but the main appeal of foreign tv shows for me would be that it's in another language. As someone who wants to become a translator/diplomat, watching foreign shows has helped me to become used to the languages/cultures. Not to mention I get to pick up some vocab here and there.

I've watched Les Revenants (when I finished marathoning it, I was left feeling haunted. Ended up buying the series when I visited London). I've also had my fair share of Korean/Japanese dramas/anime (never thought watching anime would lead to me studying Japanese at uni). I'm open to all genres. Subtitles don't distract me at all - I've grown up reading them that I actually don't realise I'm reading them when I watch the shows until a weird translation pops up. Absolutely hate dubbing unless it's done right (let's just say I've had some cringeworthy moments while watching Mandarin-dubbed Korean dramas).

So yeah, any suggestions?