Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Scarysea thumbnail
Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Anniversary 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 3 years ago

Originally posted by: raindropsroses

I finally mustered up the courage to eat ripe mangoes with chilli powder. It’s not bad 🤣 And I realised that the expression Alice made while doing so wasn’t acting, you actually make it while eating that combo 🤣

This is dedication 🤣 Now you have the experience in real life too

Adrift_At-Sea thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: raindropsroses

Naaah, Dev doesn’t exist in her universe anymore 😆

She left him behind at the altar itself

Wishful thinking?

But even I think the same.

She doesn’t love him. When he apologises it can be felt.

Even in angan drama and first night room drama, she is kinda showing that.

And also Dhara mandir scene.

Scarysea thumbnail
Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Anniversary 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: ValleyOfPeace

He is falling for her and he suddenly is reminded how she sees him. The enormity of it all crashes unto him and he breaks apart. But thats not all. He is going to push her away and run away from her. He is going to want to free her from this unwanted relationship. He is going to see himself just like her past self saw him as and everything he have already been feeling about himself is going to plaster in his head. He is in for a destruction...

But after that hopefully she will build him piece by piece the same way but with the confidence that he is accepted the way he is. She is a pure soul and she is gonna be his salvation...

Hey I was totally cool with the promo and excited for the track..all this discussion is making me feel so sad for him and her as well since I guess she will be the only one who can heal him this time. Now I want this track to be this intense ..please comedy na ban jaaye😒

Sakmen thumbnail
Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Anniversary 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: ValleyOfPeace

Ya he gets awfully happy when focus is on him

He is like kickass sequences and we get suicide drama!

🤣

Track chale na chale Kd zaroor chalega

Proof of his self obsession No. 150.

Transference thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: Raingoddess

Good Morning everyone 🤗

Left around page 100 of the last EDT and here we are in a new thread😆 Congrats 🥳

Some scattered thoughts that came to me while watching the promo again (apologies if this was discussed after I left):

The root cause of Shiva’s pain and subsequent reaction isn’t Raavi loving someone else in past. Instead, it’s the person she was in love with and the role Shiva has played in her love story. This is why we see the two hearts with their names and Shiva being drawn as the devil in the corner of the page.

Let’s say Raavi loved someone Shiva knew at one point. He left her at the alter and Shiva ended up marrying her. Yes, it would hurt to read about him but not to the extent it does here. He would still have some hope of being able to play a huge role in her moving on.

This isn’t some stranger Raavi has written about. No, Raavi has written about her love for Dev - the brother who has always been the shining star when compared to Shiva. The brother who was always the first to speak up and reprimand Shiva at the slightest mischief, almost making it clear as day - the difference between the two of them. “I can’t behave like you.” “ I’m not filthy like you.” “I’m not a trouble maker like you.” Dev’s intentions were probably not to maliciously put Shiva down but since day one, he has shown that his habits and traits are more socially acceptable than Shiva’s. Dev also fits the quintessential Disney Prince/Prince Charming look. He is educated, a gentleman, soft spoken, can make the ladies laugh, etc... on the outside he is a complete package. He is everything Shiva is not. He is Dev - the brother with whom he shares the most complex relationship with. Not some random stranger.

Coming to Shiva and his role in their love story, Raavi made it clear from the get go that Shiva was the villain in their love story. The one whose opinion doesn’t matter. The “jhalla” who doesn’t know how matters of the heart works or how to make a girl feel the way Dev does. Every single ShiVi scene pre-leap and before the wedding ties into this promo. If we do get flashbacks, they will further solidify why Shiva feels pain so intense that it drives him to drink. He has always been the “devil” lurking in the corner (hence the corner of the page being dedicated to him). A major character in the tales of their childhood who is reduced to being the evil villain with no other significance. In the recent weeks, Shiva has seen the gentle and pure soul Raavi possesses. If she can look down upon someone and see them as being evil, what does that truly make him? Does she deserve to be with someone she considers to be so vile? Does their recent progress mean anything to her?

Shiva’s entire childhood is marked by Raavi and her memories. Ones he can’t forget but here he finds himself missing or unwanted in those memories. Or worse being the one who destroyed them. The diary probably describes those memories in ways that have no semblance to how Shiva remembers them. It tries to snatch away his childhood and those treasured memories. That itself can evoke feelings of confusion and immense pain. A squeezing pain in the chest that makes it difficult to breathe. Just look at how Yaadoon Ki Baraat describes memories. They complete us. When someone disrupts how we view those memories, it wreaks havoc inside us.

Shiva was aware of how she viewed him, but being reminded of it at a time like this breaks him! He is nothing more than an unwanted hinderance in their beautiful love story, full of unicorns and rainbows. A love story broken to pieces that he can’t even put together for her. It brings him back to reality and their situation. Their wedding night. The moment of him looking at the gifts 💔

A weird thought came to mind last night. What if it was Gaumbi-Dev in this situation (pretending they are the same age)? Yes, the brother getting married to “Raavi” would feel the weight of having to step into the gap left by his brother but in the end, he wouldn’t feel as if he ruined her life. Both are complete packages in the eyes of society. Prince Charmings in their own right. Shiva, as comfortable as he is in his skin, was always made to feel like he would never even be considered when it comes to something like that. By Raavi, by Dev, by the Kaaki’s I’m sure, by other girls coming by to the store, etc... He is comfortable being Shiva but the thought that Shiva isn’t what Raavi wants is what breaks him. Hence the dialogue.

Everything we have seen up until now with regards to Shiva, Raavi & ShiVi ties into this promo

First of all, take this 🤗😙

You just said everything that I wanted to say in a short post I had posted earlier this morning!

I love the clarity with which you've described Shiva’s turmoil! I am going to read it again and again ❤️

Copy-pasting what I wrote :

The diary sighting may not have been so traumatic and impactful had it been only Raavi and Dev! Their past is a reality, and it may not have hit Shiva so badly if he wasn't lurking around as a caricature Evil Devil in their love story.

Third-wheeling can hurt a lot and it puts a significant pressure of not being good enough on the person. It's as if Shiva was a part of her world, yet ignored.

He has recently found his growing feelings, and when you are giddy headed in love, you tend to attach meaning to even the most trivial connections.

Here, despite their sordid history, maybe in some corner of his heart-a sense of familiarity and connection overwhelmed him.

That feeling is lost in the reality of how Raavi saw him all these years. He was just there as a trivial part of her fairy tale!

Hate is an attachment, too, so for Shiva, his feelings have been extreme. Being reduced to a trivial nothing can hurt very badly!
smiley18

Edited by Transference - 3 years ago
mpks1 thumbnail

Congrats on the new thread! Only PS forum is capable of finishing 2-3 EDT’s a day😆

Hello all 🤗 still talking about the promo😆 I am enjoying watching Shiva’s stares (though it’s creepy sometimes, bit not going to be harsh like some of you here)😆 and his current feelings.
It’s confirmed that Raavi doesn’t mind being married to him and is only physically attracted to him but there is absolutely no emotional attachment. For Raavi to wake ip from her slumber, this is needed. But I am not sure how her MU about him reading the diary is going to be cleared. She called him names again😕

In the mean time when I watched the episode again before going to bed, enjoyed few more things which I failed to notice in my first watch😃

I have to mention about my Krish again😆 he is the entertainer of the family and the love he has for Shivaand the happiness he has when he sees Shiva happy, trying to constantly bring ShiVi together, who does that.
ShiSh are ❤️

Edited by mpks1 - 3 years ago
raindropsroses thumbnail
Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Anniversary 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Scarysea

This is dedication 🤣 Now you have the experience in real life too

My mom was looking at me like I’ve lost my mind 🤣

I was like - the feel is good, you also try

She’s like - I don’t want any feels 🤣

Sakmen thumbnail
Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Anniversary 3 Thumbnail

Bola tha na maine, dolls will be the indication that give good news phast phast 🤣🤣

AppleOfEye thumbnail
Jimmy Jab Games Season 7 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 8

https://www.instagram.com/p/CREIRfwB8n8/?utm_medium=copy_link

😂😂😂😂

But I'm not sad.. I'm excited 😂