PS|EDT #52|Ajeeb Shiva, Dobi Raavi & KD's Amazingly Adbhut Acting - Page 18

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

SandhiaM thumbnail
Expressionist (August 2021) 1 Thumbnail Expressionist (June 2021) 1 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 3 years ago

Yeah I had to find something to smile about otherwise šŸ˜­šŸ˜­ but it is a promo those are mostly misleading.

Sakmen thumbnail
Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Anniversary 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: ValleyOfPeace

Haan hansta to zaroor hoga

Keeping a straight face during the live might be a feat

I feel secondhand embarrassment even when I hear about itšŸ¤”

Haina? Muje bhi same hota hai

Kya log hain.. ajeeb ajeeb baatein karte.. aur ye karan ke live mein aur ghusne lage bachche aur ajeeb baatein karne

raindropsroses thumbnail
Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Anniversary 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: SandhiaM

Yeah I had to find something to smile about otherwise šŸ˜­šŸ˜­ but it is a promo those are mostly misleading.

Itā€™s not a bad promo šŸ˜† Mahi justified it so well

Now Iā€™m actually looking forward to it

Adrift_At-Sea thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: Sakmen

Haina? Muje bhi same hota hai

Kya log hain.. ajeeb ajeeb baatein karte.. aur ye karan ke live mein aur ghusne lage bachche aur ajeeb baatein karne

Usne bhi mast jawaab diyešŸ¤£

Miss_SR thumbnail
Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Anniversary 3 Thumbnail

I'm yet to watch the last episode. I'll probably just wait for it to give on TV. But that promo šŸ˜­...I already know I'll be heartbroken but I'm excited for the performances!

Shiva, who probably has never drunk before and knows his mother and bhabi won't like it, is drinking to drown it all out rather than addressing it. Raavi who has been fairly innocent compared to everyone else, is back to using those tags as used by society for Shiva after seeing him like this - just goes to show your surroundings and what you hear matters. Shiva is feeling ashamed about spoiling her life by marrying Raavi when we all know how they both got married. Also it's the first time he said how he felt! That's something. Raavi said he shouldn't have read the diary - perhaps giving him the impression that her old feelings are the same. I would love for her to revisit her old diaries and have a new perspective about this Dev-Shiva situation. Maybe she has him drawn in a new avatar in her newer pages? I won't even guess what'll happen because they never do anything normally.

I'm so ready for this...but I'm not!

Edited by Miss_SR - 3 years ago
Sakmen thumbnail

Usne bhi mast jawaab diyešŸ¤£

Maine nahi dekha.. kya tha?

Aashu badi impress hui par tabhi usne dono bhaiyo ke sath mera aur apna square bna diašŸ¤£

Now let's see which brother is betteršŸ˜†

Raingoddess thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Good Morning everyone šŸ¤—

Left around page 100 of the last EDT and here we are in a new threadšŸ˜† Congrats šŸ„³

Some scattered thoughts that came to me while watching the promo again (apologies if this was discussed after I left):

The root cause of Shivaā€™s pain and subsequent reaction isnā€™t Raavi loving someone else in past. Instead, itā€™s the person she was in love with and the role Shiva has played in her love story. This is why we see the two hearts with their names and Shiva being drawn as the devil in the corner of the page.

Letā€™s say Raavi loved someone Shiva knew at one point. He left her at the alter and Shiva ended up marrying her. Yes, it would hurt to read about him but not to the extent it does here. He would still have some hope of being able to play a huge role in her moving on.

This isnā€™t some stranger Raavi has written about. No, Raavi has written about her love for Dev - the brother who has always been the shining star when compared to Shiva. The brother who was always the first to speak up and reprimand Shiva at the slightest mischief, almost making it clear as day - the difference between the two of them. ā€œI canā€™t behave like you.ā€ ā€œ Iā€™m not filthy like you.ā€ ā€œIā€™m not a trouble maker like you.ā€ Devā€™s intentions were probably not to maliciously put Shiva down but since day one, he has shown that his habits and traits are more socially acceptable than Shivaā€™s. Dev also fits the quintessential Disney Prince/Prince Charming look. He is educated, a gentleman, soft spoken, can make the ladies laugh, etc... on the outside he is a complete package. He is everything Shiva is not. He is Dev - the brother with whom he shares the most complex relationship with. Not some random stranger.

Coming to Shiva and his role in their love story, Raavi made it clear from the get go that Shiva was the villain in their love story. The one whose opinion doesnā€™t matter. The ā€œjhallaā€ who doesnā€™t know how matters of the heart works or how to make a girl feel the way Dev does. Every single ShiVi scene pre-leap and before the wedding ties into this promo. If we do get flashbacks, they will further solidify why Shiva feels pain so intense that it drives him to drink. He has always been the ā€œdevilā€ lurking in the corner (hence the corner of the page being dedicated to him). A major character in the tales of their childhood who is reduced to being the evil villain with no other significance. In the recent weeks, Shiva has seen the gentle and pure soul Raavi possesses. If she can look down upon someone and see them as being evil, what does that truly make him? Does she deserve to be with someone she considers to be so vile? Does their recent progress mean anything to her?

Shivaā€™s entire childhood is marked by Raavi and her memories. Ones he canā€™t forget but here he finds himself missing or unwanted in those memories. Or worse being the one who destroyed them. The diary probably describes those memories in ways that have no semblance to how Shiva remembers them. It tries to snatch away his childhood and those treasured memories. That itself can evoke feelings of confusion and immense pain. A squeezing pain in the chest that makes it difficult to breathe. Just look at how Yaadoon Ki Baraat describes memories. They complete us. When someone disrupts how we view those memories, it wreaks havoc inside us.

Shiva was aware of how she viewed him, but being reminded of it at a time like this breaks him! He is nothing more than an unwanted hinderance in their beautiful love story, full of unicorns and rainbows. A love story broken to pieces that he canā€™t even put together for her. It brings him back to reality and their situation. Their wedding night. The moment of him looking at the gifts šŸ’”

A weird thought came to mind last night. What if it was Gaumbi-Dev in this situation (pretending they are the same age)? Yes, the brother getting married to ā€œRaaviā€ would feel the weight of having to step into the gap left by his brother but in the end, he wouldnā€™t feel as if he ruined her life. Both are complete packages in the eyes of society. Prince Charmings in their own right. Shiva, as comfortable as he is in his skin, was always made to feel like he would never even be considered when it comes to something like that. By Raavi, by Dev, by the Kaakiā€™s Iā€™m sure, by other girls coming by to the store, etc... He is comfortable being Shiva but the thought that Shiva isnā€™t what Raavi wants is what breaks him. Hence the dialogue.

Everything we have seen up until now with regards to Shiva, Raavi & ShiVi ties into this promo

Edited by Raingoddess - 3 years ago
raindropsroses thumbnail
Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Anniversary 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

I finally mustered up the courage to eat ripe mangoes with chilli powder. Itā€™s not bad šŸ¤£ And I realised that the expression Alice made while doing so wasnā€™t acting, you actually make it while eating that combo šŸ¤£

Adrift_At-Sea thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: Sakmen

Maine nahi dekha.. kya tha?

Aashu badi impress hui par tabhi usne dono bhaiyo ke sath mera aur apna square bna diašŸ¤£

Now let's see which brother is betteršŸ˜†

Hehe

Maine bhi nahin dekha but yahan par he was being quoted and it was hilariousšŸ¤£

Sakmen thumbnail

Hehe

Maine bhi nahin dekha but yahan par he was being quoted and it was hilariousšŸ¤£

He does have his sarcasm and sense of humor on point.. what I've seen in some of his stories šŸ˜†

Live was too long, will check in free time, if I feel likešŸ¤£

Highlights I missed here and I don't do homework